Slide Tackles...don't let them slide any longer

Canesoverhere

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slide tackle seminar at the City of Lexington Soccer Complex field #4, this Saturday night, 8pm. ( I started it late so Big G can have plenty of time to get here. He and I will be your instructors)

Food and beverages available in the comp room above the concession stand.

Coaches, Players, Parents, and Officials all welcome!

Cost is $125. (That is my ER Copay)

Disclaimer:

This is a joke by the way.

Even though bad tackles are not a joke, nor are injuries resulting in executing, or receiving a bad tackle.

I was just bored, and this topic seems to be the most interesting on the board right now.

I can hear it now..... "Oh...That coach Mike from Lexington....What a bad person....He jokes about slide tackling and kids getting hurt."

LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE!! IT'S FRIDAY!

I feel your pain. My check was 3 figures short of 6! I can share. You can even stay in my guest house. I mean extra bedroom. That will save you on lodging. :thumb:

And we are getting Fox Soccer Channel for free on DishNetwork this month, and you can watch all you want.

HEY! HEY! HEY!........ Good point on Fox Sports South--tonight at 6 PM Central. Vanderbilt VS. South Carolina Women's Soccer. There will be slides, I bet.

Slide tackle seminar at the City of Lexington Soccer Complex field #4, this Saturday night, 8pm. ( I started it late so Big G can have plenty of time to get here. He and I will be your instructors)

Okay! Can The Officials Attend?

Getting back 6 pages to my point. WHY ARE OFFICIALS CALLING "ALL" SLIDES TACKLES AS FOULS? KEY WORD here being ALL.

Okay! Can The Officials Attend?

Getting back 6 pages to my point. WHY ARE OFFICIALS CALLING "ALL" SLIDES TACKLES AS FOULS? KEY WORD here being ALL.

Something smells "fishy" here.......Like Bait.

All refs don't call all slide tackles as fouls. I saw at least 6 tonight with NO whistle. You paint with a broad brush my friend.

Yep. Exactly how I feel. Something fishy here. I have watched, say 10 matches (no they all were not my team). Two slide tackles, two calls. Simple question.

If no one else is seeing it, then it is merely a coincidence. I just found it rather odd as each that I watched had nothing to do with a foul, yet both were called.

Yep. Exactly how I feel. Something fishy here. I have watched, say 10 matches (no they all were not my team). Two slide tackles, two calls. Simple question.

If no one else is seeing it, then it is merely a coincidence. I just found it rather odd as each that I watched had nothing to do with a foul, yet both were called.

:thumb: ...I can't really commit, because I wasn't there (code of ethics) but I will say this....

Soccer is a perfect game...Played, Coached, Reffed, and Watched by imperfect people. :(