Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman High School @ Oakland High School

Girls Varsity Basketball

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:30PM

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

Blackman High School (16 - 3 - 0) 10 6 14 11 41

Oakland High School (9 - 13 - 0) 4 7 11 9 31

Game Summary

These stats are unofficial for these games. The winners were Riverdale, Lavergne and Blackman. 7AAA games were true to the previous games. Lavergne again started flat and Siegel kept up with them until the last quarter as Shanice Cason took over the game for Siegel leading all scorers and being the top rebounder for the Stars since Siegel played without two of their post players.

Riverdale started out strong but Smyrna came back at the end and almost pulled it out but again lost a close one.

Oakland played Blackman very tough and lost by 10 points.

And the beat goes on.

Riverdale High School @ Smyrna High School

Girls Varsity Basketball

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

Riverdale High School (17 - 2 - 0) 13 15 6 11 45

Smyrna High School (16 - 8 - 0) 11 5 11 17 44

Game Summary

Shacobia Barbee scored 18 points to help Riverdale (17-2,7-0) earn the win over Smyrna (16-8).

Game Statistics

Opponents A FGA FGM 3PA 3PM FTA FTM TO Blks R S PF TF

Riverdale High School 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Smyrna High School 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Riverdale High School

Player Points FGs 3pts FTs

24 Shacobia Barbee 18 0 0 0

20 Jaclissa Haislip 8 0 0 0

23 Ashley Henry 4 0 0 0

34 Olivia Jones 5 0 0 0

25 Natalie Lanning 2 0 0 0

22 Tyisha Petty 4 0 0 0

33 Candace Spurlock 2 0 0 0

Smyrna High School

5 Kelsey Drayton 2 0 0 0

15 Ty Hampton 5 0 1 0

22 Antoinette Jenkins 4 0 0 0

32 Ashley Kee 2 0 0 0

55 Ashley Lassiter 2 0 0 0

3 Paige Malone 5 0 0 0

10 Toyree Watkins 15 0 2 0

23 Katie Williams 10 0 2 0

Home | News | Communities | Entertainment | Sports | Shopping | Moms | Life | Voices & Views | Classifieds | Obituaries | Customer Service | Site Map

Copyright ©2010 Copyright © 2009 The Tennessean. All rights reserved. Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights , updated March 2009.

Game Statistics

Blackman High School 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Oakland High School 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Blackman High School

20 Shelby Campbell 12 0 0 0

0 NeTanya Jackson 10 0 0 0

Kaitlyn Keen 1 0 0 0

34 Tiera Norris 2 0 0 0

33 Kelsey Nowlin 8 0 0 0

25 Katie Smith 8 0 0 0

Oakland High School

11 Monica Barrett 12 0 4 0

1 Ke Ke Cook 8 0 0 0

24 Hayley Randolph 3 0 0 0

22 Ellen Riggins 4 0 0 0

15 Samantha Stolze 4 0 0 0

Riverdale High School @ Smyrna High School

Girls Varsity Basketball

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

Riverdale High School (17 - 2 - 0) 13 15 6 11 45

Smyrna High School (16 - 8 - 0) 11 5 11 17 44

Game Summary

Shacobia Barbee scored 18 points to help Riverdale (17-2,7-0) earn the win over Smyrna (16-8).

Game Statistics

Riverdale High School 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Smyrna High School 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Riverdale High School

24 Shacobia Barbee 18 0 0 0

20 Jaclissa Haislip 8 0 0 0

23 Ashley Henry 4 0 0 0

34 Olivia Jones 5 0 0 0

25 Natalie Lanning 2 0 0 0

22 Tyisha Petty 4 0 0 0

33 Candace Spurlock 2 0 0 0

Smyrna High School

5 Kelsey Drayton 2 0 0 0

15 Ty Hampton 5 0 1 0

22 Antoinette Jenkins 4 0 0 0

32 Ashley Kee 2 0 0 0

55 Ashley Lassiter 2 0 0 0

3 Paige Malone 5 0 0 0

10 Toyree Watkins 15 0 2 0

23 Katie Williams 10 0 2 0

Home | News | Communities | Entertainment | Sports | Shopping | Moms | Life | Voices & Views | Classifieds | Obituaries | Customer Service | Site Map

Copyright ©2010 Copyright © 2009 The Tennessean. All rights reserved. Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights , updated March 2009.

Siegel High School @ La Vergne High School

Girls Varsity Basketball

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:00PM

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

Siegel High School (16 - 6 - 0) 11 9 16 7 43

La Vergne High School (21 - 1 - 0) 15 10 18 12 55

Game Summary

Game Statistics

Siegel High School 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

La Vergne High School 0 0 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Siegel High School

22 Shanice Cason 18 0 1 0

20 Sarah Donkin 7 0 2 0

5 Macari Harrison 3 0 1 0

32 Shikera Johnson 9 0 0 0

25 Kelsey Naish 6 0 0 0

La Vergne High School

23 Jasmine Brimm 7 0 0 0

5 Missy Brimm 3 0 0 0

33 Jasmine Dale 18 0 4 0

4 Kayla Hunt 8 0 2 0

3 LaQuinta Jefferson 7 0 1 0

34 Stepahnie Myers 11 0 0 0

13 Alex Swope 1 0 0 0

Home | News | Communities | Entertainment | Sports | Shopping | Moms | Life | Voices & Views | Classifieds

WOW WHAT A GAME We had a very poor shooting night tonight and really did not play real good basketball BUT we still got the win and anytime you can have a bad game and still win in this district is a good night.

Give credit to smyrna they hit shot after shot to stay in the game as we would try and extend the lead one of their girls shot a 3 and i still dont know how that ball went in. smyran played a great ball game and played hard the whole time and we got lucky and Barbee hit 2 HUGE free throws with about 7 seconds to go to put us up by 1. I AM not sure if we even hit a 3 tonight as the whole team was cold from outside and even inside some GREAT coaching job by coach middleton and great job by our LADY WARRIORS to pull of the win

GO LADY WARRIORS

Game Summary

These stats are unofficial for these games. The winners were Riverdale, Lavergne and Blackman. 7AAA games were true to the previous games. Lavergne again started flat and Siegel kept up with them until the last quarter as Shanice Cason took over the game for Siegel leading all scorers and being the top rebounder for the Stars since Siegel played without two of their post players.

Riverdale started out strong but Smyrna came back at the end and almost pulled it out but again lost a close one.

Oakland played Blackman very tough and lost by 10 points

I don't know Phargis....it seems you pointed out that LaVergne didn't start well BUT looking at the box scores, it doesn't appear any team played well tonight. Being off 8 days/11 days appears to have had an effect on ALL teams.

WOW WHAT A GAME We had a very poor shooting night tonight and really did not play real good basketball BUT we still got the win and anytime you can have a bad game and still win in this district is a good night.

Give credit to smyrna they hit shot after shot to stay in the game as we would try and extend the lead one of their girls shot a 3 and i still dont know how that ball went in. smyran played a great ball game and played hard the whole time and we got lucky and Barbee hit 2 HUGE free throws with about 7 seconds to go to put us up by 1. I AM not sure if we even hit a 3 tonight as the whole team was cold from outside and even inside some GREAT coaching job by coach middleton and great job by our LADY WARRIORS to pull of the win

GO LADY WARRIORS

Wow...when I heard the score, I thought RD possibly had a poor shooting night. Not taking anything away from Smyrna, because they are a good team also... do you think RD took them for granted & thought it would be an easy win?

Game Summary

I don't know Phargis....it seems you pointed out that LaVergne didn't start well BUT looking at the box scores, it doesn't appear any team played well tonight. Being off 8 days/11 days appears to have had an effect on ALL teams.

I think you might be right. We might say Siegel was lucky. Lost two post players for the night, had to use its shortest player to likely out rebound everyone on the floor while she was hurt also and only lost by 12. Used a very short bench playing that over achieved from other games. Smyrna used the same formula they used before which included out scrapping the team it played and being more ready to play than its opponent. Coach Mid's comment on the Smyrna web site was true and evidently Smyrna players read it. To paraphrase it "You have to be ready to play every night because you can lose to anyone in this District". Blackman did come closer since they played about their regular defensive game.

BUT all three won. I think you are right, All teams were off 8/11 days which 4 days were Sat/Sun. This IS a tough time of the year.

Game Summary

I think you might be right. We might say Siegel was lucky. Lost two post players for the night, had to use its shortest player to likely out rebound everyone on the floor while she was hurt also and only lost by 12. Used a very short bench playing that over achieved from other games. Smyrna used the same formula they used before which included out scrapping the team it played and being more ready to play than its opponent. Coach Mid's comment on the Smyrna web site was true and evidently Smyrna players read it. To paraphrase it "You have to be ready to play every night because you can lose to anyone in this District". Blackman did come closer since they played about their regular defensive game.

BUT all three won. I think you are right, All teams were off 8/11 days which 4 days were Sat/Sun. This IS a tough time of the year.

Yep, with school back in session, I think we can expect to see these teams get back on the right path.

Also, Siegel wasn't too short handed, they had 3 addt'l players that had striped shirts on that filled in rather nicely... :hungry:

Close call for Lady Warriors at Smyrna! Time off is a mute point IMO it sure didn't hurt Smyrnas abilities. One thing is for sure we will see this Friday if it was a fluke or not. Lady Warriors I hope you understand and don't forget "YOU HAVE A HUGE TARGET ON YOUR BACK"!!! I for one hope that you girls can get that focus back that you had when you shocked LaVergne. There's no question with the talent on this team every night you play it's a chance for another statement game like LaVergne. Just don't become content! Still lots of work to be done. Everyone knows there is a special time when a team should peak. The hard part is doing it. You have the coach for it, you have the talent for it, now the only question that remains unanswered is DO YOU HAVE THE HEART????????????

Lady Blaze again struggled last night. Played good defense but just can't seem to put the ball in the basket consistently. Jackson was the only one that I thought played a really good offensive game. Katie Smith was pretty good. Shelby Campbell was good but should be playing better. Norris has to come around for the Lady Blaze to go anywhere. She needs about 10 a game. Defense was good all around. We will not beat Riverdale playing like that but I do believe they can rise to the occasion. They seem to play their best against the really good teams. Hopefully that will continue. Concerning officials, they are absolutely horrible. They did not favor 1 team, they were just bad like they have been all year. I thought of the 3 officials, 1 was pretty good - I hate that he was teamed with the other 2. One was absolutely horrible, do these guys get any training at all or do they just watch 1 game on tv and then get out there. Its what it looks like. The other was just bad.