DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

It looks as if everyone won except Siegel

Maybe you just wrote that wrong but Siegel won today (twice) so everyone won except Siegel is not a correct statement - they won at 2:30 and a second game at 8:30. Maybe you meant to write everybody won one game and Siegel won two. Who knows. I am almost always confused by your posts and they seem to be even more incoherent this year than in the past.

but the two today might not have been against good competition

Don't know about how the competition matches up to local middle TN competition, but the records of 2 of their 3 opponents this weekend were quite impressive in the early season.

Henderson County (KY) was 6-1 coming into the championship game. Siegel won by 12. Henderson County has been a perennial power in Kentucky basketball of late with five consecutive Region championships and trips to the State:

2008-09: Final 4

2007-08: Elite 8

2006-07: Sweet 16

2005-06: Final 4

2004-05: Sweet 16

Current Rank: 14th

They had two outstanding guards, one of which put up 28 points in their previous game and the two combined for about 50 points in the championship. For Siegel, Connell put up 23 while sitting most of the first half after picking up 2 early fouls. Chatman had 15. Cason and Naish both added 11. Donkin had 9. Connell was awarded game MVP plaque by tounament directors.

Calloway County (KY) was 5-1 entering the game, losing only to a still undefeated Ballard Memorial by a 63-61 score. Siegel won by 23. Cason had 15 and an impressive number of assists and steals. Connell had 15. Chatman had 12. Cason was awarded game MVP plaque by tournament directors. Siegel was only up by 10 at the half. Contrary to previous erroneous and irresponsible reports, no managers or scorekeepers scored. 8 players, however, did. (Johnson and Naish added 7 and 6 respectively).

Massac County (IL) was the weakest of the bunch in the opening game on Friday. Connell had 15 with 7 rebounds and 7 steals. Cason had 14 with 9 steals. Neither played much in the 2nd half and 10 players scored (Johnson 8, Chatman, Harrison, and Stephens with 6, Donkin and Denton with 5 each). Connell was awarded game MVP. Smart move on Coach Bush's part to provide as much rest with 2 games slated for the next day... and to get quality playing time for younger players.

Connell, Cason, and Chatman were named to the All Tournament Team as Siegel took home the Heritage Bank Hardwood Tournament Championship Trophy.

Who knows how the team will fare when district play starts, but criticizing the competition with no justification other than final scores isn't warranted. They are playing well, top to bottom. They've gotten the job done in November and December without a blemish and should be congratulated.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct, my description was wrong but looking at the box at one of the games told me that everybody dressed must have played and scored and gave the impression the competition was not very good. You are again correct in saying Siegel is playing very good and the papers say they are undefeated but i do see they may have lost a HOF game which I am unsure if counts as a loss or not. Irregardless. this right now is starting out to be a great season but to give a comparison to District Competition, Coach Bush's teams are always hard to gauge since he plays such tough defense. At least 3 and maybe 5 teams could battle for the District Title and the other team could be very close. Siegel could be twice as good as last year and be played close in every game. Two District teams are undefeated, two have one loss, and two have two losses. 7AAA is a very good District. Sorry for the jest but Siegel blew through the Tournament so fast and so decisive it was misleading if they were playing good teams or not. They are now 9-0 or 9-1 according to the HOF loss. As usual Siegel will be prepared to play well and I hope you post often. Siegel needs some help on this site.

Siegel girls is 9-1 .The last game was a very hard game.The last game scores was 68-66.

Actually the score was 78-66. It was 54 all at the end of the 3rd quarter and Siegel outscored Henderson County 24-12 in the 4th. And they've won 10 games. The "loss" was HOF which generally are not counted in overall records, although most teams which win HOF games tend to count them in the win column... so they are 10-0 or 10-1 if you count the HOF loss to open the season.

As for who they played (Phargis) there is a detailed description of Henderson County (KY) in my post above.

LaVergne Lady Wolverines won their opening game in the Mattie T Blount Christmas Tournament against Baker HS.....final score was 64-41.

Lady Wolverines were lead by Jasmine Dale with 21, Kayla Hunt 13, Jasmine Brimm, 10, Stephanie Myers 8, LaQuinta Jefferson, 4 (good to see her back) Alex Swope, 2, Leah Foreman, 2, Easha King, 2 and

Aisha, 2. They will play again tomorrow at 9 am....not sure of the school.

Way to go Lady Rines!!

It looks as if everyone won except Siegel

Maybe you just wrote that wrong but Siegel won today (twice) so everyone won except Siegel is not a correct statement - they won at 2:30 and a second game at 8:30. Maybe you meant to write everybody won one game and Siegel won two. Who knows. I am almost always confused by your posts and they seem to be even more incoherent this year than in the past.

but the two today might not have been against good competition

Don't know about how the competition matches up to local middle TN competition, but the records of 2 of their 3 opponents this weekend were quite impressive in the early season.

Henderson County (KY) was 6-1 coming into the championship game. Siegel won by 12. Henderson County has been a perennial power in Kentucky basketball of late with five consecutive Region championships and trips to the State:

2008-09: Final 4

2007-08: Elite 8

2006-07: Sweet 16

2005-06: Final 4

2004-05: Sweet 16

Current Rank: 14th

They had two outstanding guards, one of which put up 28 points in their previous game and the two combined for about 50 points in the championship. For Siegel, Connell put up 23 while sitting most of the first half after picking up 2 early fouls. Chatman had 15. Cason and Naish both added 11. Donkin had 9. Connell was awarded game MVP plaque by tounament directors.

Calloway County (KY) was 5-1 entering the game, losing only to a still undefeated Ballard Memorial by a 63-61 score. Siegel won by 23. Cason had 15 and an impressive number of assists and steals. Connell had 15. Chatman had 12. Cason was awarded game MVP plaque by tournament directors. Siegel was only up by 10 at the half. Contrary to previous erroneous and irresponsible reports, no managers or scorekeepers scored. 8 players, however, did. (Johnson and Naish added 7 and 6 respectively).

Massac County (IL) was the weakest of the bunch in the opening game on Friday. Connell had 15 with 7 rebounds and 7 steals. Cason had 14 with 9 steals. Neither played much in the 2nd half and 10 players scored (Johnson 8, Chatman, Harrison, and Stephens with 6, Donkin and Denton with 5 each). Connell was awarded game MVP. Smart move on Coach Bush's part to provide as much rest with 2 games slated for the next day... and to get quality playing time for younger players.

Connell, Cason, and Chatman were named to the All Tournament Team as Siegel took home the Heritage Bank Hardwood Tournament Championship Trophy.

Who knows how the team will fare when district play starts, but criticizing the competition with no justification other than final scores isn't warranted. They are playing well, top to bottom. They've gotten the job done in November and December without a blemish and should be congratulated.

83, your quote cut my sentence off a little soon but its all right. For emphsis it was constructed that way. Yes, I'm quite proud of the way this team has responded but more so I'm again impressed with the patience this coaching staff has brought them along and the maturity they are exhibiting. You are right, District play may change the record but it won't change the improvement. and for the record they did win two when I posted it :thumb:

LaVergne Lady Wolverines won their opening game in the Mattie T Blount Christmas Tournament against Baker HS.....final score was 64-41.

Lady Wolverines were lead by Jasmine Dale with 21, Kayla Hunt 13, Jasmine Brimm, 10, Stephanie Myers 8, LaQuinta Jefferson, 4 (good to see her back) Alex Swope, 2, Leah Foreman, 2, Easha King, 2 and

Aisha, 2. They will play again tomorrow at 9 am....not sure of the school.

Way to go Lady Rines!!

Glad LJ is healing well.