CROCKETT VS. SCIENCE HILL

DCblevins55

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crockett on a 3 game win streak and science hill has lost the last 2, i understand the toppers have been bitten by the flu bug and injuries the last few weeks. hopefully the bye week has put some players back and ready for the homecoming game friday. sumo for crockett has had some big runs the last few weeks. should be a great game for probably the last homecoming game at memorial stadium.....

SH and DC were still playing each other in the early 80's but I don't know when the change in conference happened so the true answer is still unknown.

Who wins this game? I pick SH but unless the defense steps it up against the run it will be another shoot out so IMO the Toppers should get the ball first if they win the toss. Coach Overbay will have had two weeks to prepare for the run attack so I look forward to seeing what happens there. (if they come out with the same plan as they had at TH then it could be a LONG night.)

Go Toppers!

Most people are probably expecting the Hill to win this one. I'm not sure what to think. Science Hill has played the harder schedule to this point. Crockett took a beating against Tennessee High. They were just bigger and faster than the Pioneers. How do the Hilltoppers look this year? I haven't heard much.

kinda been the tale of two teams, sometimes they are fireing on all cylinders, other times they seem to be somewhere else alot of times the coaching staff make good decisions and the rest of the time they will never cease to amaze you with crazy play calling, got a good qb in soph justin snyder, two really good backs, a great list of recievers and a big offensive line. defense in week 0 was pretty good , last game at the stone castle they got ran over. the bye week was much needed to get sick players with the flu back. come on over to memorial stadium friday to see what should be an offensive battle.

GO TOPPERS!!!!!!!

I'll be there! This will probably be my first and last trip to Memorial Stadium. I hope it is a good game. Crockett has ran the ball at will the last 3 weeks but I'm not sure that will be the case against a stronger and faster Science Hill squad. I know DC has to be confident coming into this game with their first 3 game winning streak in forever.

I think science hill used to play crockett when liberty bell had a football team too what was its thu 76ers. but i think if the pioneer defense steps up an puts some pressure on that young qb it will cause some ints, crockett had 6 picks lats week.i dont think science hill has the fire power TN high did but if the pioneer d doesnt step up it will be a long night for them...but if the toppers d doesnt step up then count on number 34 running all over the place.....its a game where the outcome will b produce in trenches........SH 24 DC 28 but really its a toss up good look to both teams.

I hear that the last time the two met was in 79. the toppers came out with the final score 20 to 19. thats only what a friend of mine thought..

The JC Press said it was the early 80's when they last played each other as conference foes......but then they said they really did not know for sure. I guess the answer to this question is "late 70's to early 80's.....they think"

Looking forward to Friday night, Go Toppers!