CROCKETT VS. SCIENCE HILL

DCblevins55

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/article.php?ID=71502

-The picture clearly shows this wasn't a touchdown. Great catch...just not in bounds.

We will see what happens in the next few weeks. After next weeks game, which I hope we do not look past, we play D-B, South, and Boone. That is a tough way to finish a season. I think the DC vs. Boone game should be a good one if Crockett can stay healthy the rest of the way.

Science Hill did a good job passing the ball. I hope Boone beats them good next week.

Last year we were playing Morristown West....terribly bad call but you have to deal with the cards you are dealt. One bad call can cost the game, but you were down there where you should have scored....ifs and what might be.

I'm looking forward to the Musket Bowl. I thought it would be Boone all the way but no way... it'll be a tight game all the way.

That was awful for you guys last year.

It hurt us to lose last night because it might mean the playoffs for us. We have some tough games coming up. Who knows maybe we will pull off an upset.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright guys get the jc press and on the front page of sports look were his foot is out of bounds im not makin any excusses but that was with 3 min left on the clock and 4th down if the refs had of dun there job last night we would have been victorious it was a good game no doubt but every one here in jonesboro nows who won.and not hats off to science hill cause they didnt win the paper shows it

I do not know which game you think you guys were watching. First off the refs had nothing do with the game, Crockett was holding on the edge all night, which helped Sumo (very talented back) to get to the edge on occaison. Granted Crockett ran well. But the refferees were not calling holding or chopping on crockett. Second the catch were the boy dropped on the sideline on shhs's final drive. The young man caught it then hit the ground with it then came out, a catch. Third the referees called 4 penalties on shhs that weren't even penalties. Fourth, the catch in the endzone. Number 6 was out of bounds, true. but that was on second down and thirteen inside the twenty and crockett's defense had not stopped Science Hill on that drive. Science Hill would have scored anyways.

Crockett was not the better team. Their defense was gassed from SHHS no huddle offense. They did not have an answer for the QB he went 25 for 27 and threw all over Crockett. SHHS defense had trouble against the WING-T which they have been known to struggle against. Crockett did not beat themselves. Science Hill won it because in the end, they were the better team. Crockett's defense did not stop them when they needed to, and couldn't stop them in the second half period. You lost, no ifs ands or buts. You didn't beat yourselves, you got beat. But Crockett has heart, that is apparent. And They've showed that they don't take crap because their not the best team on the field, they play hard with what they have, and they will find sucess and may just surpise a few teams this year. PLAY SPOILER PIONEERS!

I do not know which game you think you guys were watching. First off the refs had nothing do with the game, Crockett was holding on the edge all night, which helped Sumo (very talented back) to get to the edge on occaison. Granted Crockett ran well. But the refferees were not calling holding or chopping on crockett. Second the catch were the boy dropped on the sideline on shhs's final drive. The young man caught it then hit the ground with it then came out, a catch. Third the referees called 4 penalties on shhs that weren't even penalties. Fourth, the catch in the endzone. Number 6 was out of bounds, true. but that was on second down and thirteen inside the twenty and crockett's defense had not stopped Science Hill on that drive. Science Hill would have scored anyways.

Crockett was not the better team. Their defense was gassed from SHHS no huddle offense. They did not have an answer for the QB he went 25 for 27 and threw all over Crockett. SHHS defense had trouble against the WING-T which they have been known to struggle against. Crockett did not beat themselves. Science Hill won it because in the end, they were the better team. Crockett's defense did not stop them when they needed to, and couldn't stop them in the second half period. You lost, no ifs ands or buts. You didn't beat yourselves, you got beat. But Crockett has heart, that is apparent. And They've showed that they don't take crap because their not the best team on the field, they play hard with what they have, and they will find sucess and may just surpise a few teams this year. PLAY SPOILER PIONEERS!

The catch in the endzone before the half was not a touchdown. I believe that is what Blevins is refering to. Crockett had stopped them all half.....too bad they didn't get that chance because of a poor call. 12-0 sounds a lot better going into the half than 12-7.

Crockett stopped the Hill on 4th down and 1 in the first half. They also stopped the Hill in the second half (I'm not sure it was on 4th or if we made them punt) which allowed Crockett to take the lead in the 4th qtr. I think you must have not been watching a few SH drives.......

The refs did not beat us. I stated that earlier in one of my posts.

I believe the refs only called one penalty on Science Hill's offense and that was for a false start, so I believe we just had poor refs in general. I could say the SH line held on half of their pass plays and especially on their screen passes. I'm sure the refs did the best they could. dry.gif

Crockett missed two extra points. If that is not beating yourself, I do not know what else you call it. No ifs...your right Crockett lost.

Time will tell on both of these teams. I'm not sure if Crockett or Science Hill will get in the playoffs.

Crockett will struggle with depth and size against D-B and South. I'm sure Boone plays many players both ways as well as Central. Science Hill probably won't be able to throw the ball as well against their remaining schedule. Crockett played well off their receivers and got nickeled and dimed all the way down the field. I don't think the Hill threw but three or four passes over 10 yards all night. They just got the ball to their receivers in space and made plays. Point being made is against a more athletic team this might be trouble. (example Tn High). The Hill will probably need to reach 6-4 or get a win over D-B to reach the postseason. Crockett will probably need to get 6-4 as well, but either team could get a wildcard (someone please tell me how this works).

Good luck to the Hill the rest of the way.....I hope you run the ball more behind that huge O-line of yours.

alright jones 23 u must of been in the same room with the refs smokin it up i dnt think u were even at the game crocketts defence stoped sh all night until they put a lineman in the backfield to lead block 1 becuse they culdnt run up the middle 2 becuse they culdnt run around the ends and sh hill should have got a holdin call every play if u would watch the film and if u were there then u would have saw that and a chopin call aint illegal if ur inside the tackle box and there wasnt one hold at all and if u wuld no wat u were talkin about then u would say the refs had a lot to do with it WE OUT PLAYD SH WE WERE MORE PHYISCAL AND WE WAS THE BETTER TEAM. hate to break it to u buddy get ur facts right before u post stupid stuff

You can argue all you want, at the end of the night Science Hill got the win and Crockett had a long ride home to Jonesborough. You can stew over the fact that you lost the game or you can get ready for next week. Choice is up to your team.

At the end of the day you are right, Crockett shot themselves in the foot and did not win the game.

But the better team in that game was Crockett, they gave it to you all on a nice plate. SH was not the better team, but they still got out with a win so that is really all that matters. Either way you look at it, as long as Crockett didn't get blown out this game was a huge confidence builder. They can probably win a few more games this season. SH better get ready to suck it up because the other county team always looked at SH as a big rivalry, so they aren't afraid in the least.

thank you blazer i now that its hard for them to face the fact that we a bunch of country boys came up to the big SH and gave them all they wanted and yeah this game is in the past and yeah we did shoot are selfs in the foot but we no who the real winner was and dont you worry jones we will take this loss out on central that i garuntee were pissed and im not agruein im just stating facts my friend.

I just think its unfair to the boys at science hill that y'all are saying Crockett beat themselves. That's not true. Science Hill did what they had to to win. Science Hill shot themselves in the foot allowing Crockett to stay in it. When a quarterback goes 22 for 25 with over 200 passing yards, that team won the game. Plain and simple, that's the facts.

I just think its unfair to the boys at science hill that y'all are saying Crockett beat themselves. That's not true. Science Hill did what they had to to win. Science Hill shot themselves in the foot allowing Crockett to stay in it. When a quarterback goes 22 for 25 with over 200 passing yards, that team won the game. Plain and simple, that's the facts.

Crockett ran for over 300 yards and passed for at least 50. You do the math.