SMYRNA VS. RIVERDALE

JMRANGER

wow 2 tds. Everyone thought that Ensworth would beat us by 2 tds. I think it is a closer game than that. Offense showed some life against a pretty good defense. Defense did give up 300 plus yards rushing but made the big plays. Tough game again for both teams with alot riding on the outcome. Staying alive for Smyrna and just about clinching for Riverdale. Go Dawgs!!!!!

And excuse meeeeee...what division is Ensworth in??????? Oh Yea...division 2 ..thats what I thought....Go Warriors...

What are you trying to say here?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smyrna vs. riverdale...

2 of my favorite defensive coaches...williams vs wells :bored:

Overtime for sure! :bored:

after that it's 50-50 who will win... B)

Just to correct your quote, Williams is NOT the defensive coach. It is Keesler and I am certain he is better than Wells. We stopped Blackmans offense with 0 points, it was their special teams that scored, and Siegals offense with 0 points also. Smyrna's Defense is STRONG. We lost last week with penalties, and a few pass plays called in last 2 minutes instead of pounding the running plays to run off the clock. Ensworth scored with 18 seconds left in the game. Close but still a loss. Go Dawgs!

thanks for the effort...but i don't need help on my quotes (i do need some help with cutting my grass with all this rain we've had...that is if you have some time :roflol: ) i meant it just like i said it even though i knew that Keesler is the actual DC (and a good one at that) i only mentioned Williams because he was the DC at blackman for 2 years with my boys and he is a defensive minded coach at heart...so i know he is certainly apart of the D planning each week ...bottom line...i was just having some fun with two guys i think alot of who both help to shape their teams defense...glad you are so sure about who is a better DC...i'd go with my 50-50 again on two good coaches...but well's ain't bad...he's got those riverdale warriors bringing the heat...wish you and the bulldogs all the best mr. ranger...and if you can help with the grass...let me know! :D

smyrna vs. riverdale...

2 of my favorite defensive coaches...williams vs wells :bored:

Overtime for sure! :bored:

after that it's 50-50 who will win... :roflol:

Just to correct your quote, Williams is NOT the defensive coach. It is Keesler and I am certain he is better than Wells. We stopped Blackmans offense with 0 points, it was their special teams that scored, and Siegals offense with 0 points also. Smyrna's Defense is STRONG. We lost last week with penalties, and a few pass plays called in last 2 minutes instead of pounding the running plays to run off the clock. Ensworth scored with 18 seconds left in the game. Close but still a loss. Go Dawgs!

Danger, Danger, Stranger... I meant JMRanger... my bad. Man thats a cool screen name you got there, kinda like a action figure or a super hero. Can you shape shift, or fly, or have x-ray vision, or maybe click your hills together and go to a cool place like Kansas, or Cleveland?

I do have a question Danger Stranger, in high school how many kids do you think play both ways. And is it conceivable that when Mr. DeShawn Smith went 79 yards for that touchdown against them dogs that a good number of Smyrna Defenders were on the field at that time?

No more questions your honor, you witness councillor...

P.S. Don't threaten me cause I will get a restraining order.

wow 2 tds. Everyone thought that Ensworth would beat us by 2 tds. I think it is a closer game than that. Offense showed some life against a pretty good defense. Defense did give up 300 plus yards rushing but made the big plays. Tough game again for both teams with alot riding on the outcome. Staying alive for Smyrna and just about clinching for Riverdale. Go Dawgs!!!!!

And excuse meeeeee...what division is Ensworth in??????? Oh Yea...division 2 ..thats what I thought....Go Warriors...

Yes you are excused. i think you have forgotten that they were ranked at #70 in the nation. D2 or not that is alot higher than most teams in this state to include yours. Give credit were credit is due. My point was that we were not even suppose to get within three tds, If you listen to some prople out there. This team can get up for big games. Now we need to learn how to finish. :thumb:

Yes you are excused. i think you have forgotten that they were ranked at #70 in the nation. D2 or not that is alot higher than most teams in this state to include yours. Give credit were credit is due. My point was that we were not even suppose to get within three tds, If you listen to some prople out there. This team can get up for big games. Now we need to learn how to finish. :thumb:

You Tell them Milo!! That right, just like Tennessee vs Florida. Making a "Moral" victory out of a loss. But the thing is .....it's still a LOSS!! What? Ensworth was ranked #70 in the nation? #70, what the heck does that really mean. Blackman is #3 and most posters give them very little credit. The fact is you play on Friday Night and do your best. This is not the BCS, rankings mean zero. The TSSAA has a playoff.

Speaking of Playoffs ; I'm sorry gang - but after much thought - I'm picking Riverdale by 14+. Both teams are very good on both sides of the ball and special teams. Just some fantastic play makers on both teams. That just leaves Coaching. If it comes down to Coaching - the 'Wonder Brothers' are weak.

A loss for Smyrna will be bad. It will put them with two L's in the county. If Blackman beats the Sea Gulls, Blackman could skip thier next three games and still finish ahead of Smyrna.

Regardless - it should be a great game.

Mr Donkey you got me all wrong. Blackman is #3 in the state. Big difference than national rankings. I was not making it a morale victory. The point is a team that good and we we went toe to toe with them. Did we lose? I was there. Yes, but no one even gave us chance to be on the same field much less have a chance to win. That is the point. So i made that the example. Someone said we would not be around at the end and the game would be a loss for us by 14. In my opinion the game will be a lot closer than that. Like i said at the beggining of the the thread. Overtime. Problem with Blackman not playing thier last three games is they have to play them. Riverdale and Oakland ring a bell. But if Smyrna wins against Riverdale and Blackman stumbles against Riverdale and Oakland then thier furture is not in thier hands. OH NO, it would be----(dramatic pause)---- in ours. So yes that is why they strap it up every friday night and not get to take the final three games off. You are correct in saying it will be a good game. Go Dawgs!!!!!

smyrna vs. riverdale...

2 of my favorite defensive coaches...williams vs wells :blink:

Overtime for sure! :ugeek:

after that it's 50-50 who will win... :wacko:

Danger, Danger, Stranger... I meant JMRanger... my bad. Man thats a cool screen name you got there, kinda like a action figure or a super hero. Can you shape shift, or fly, or have x-ray vision, or maybe click your hills together and go to a cool place like Kansas, or Cleveland?

I do have a question Danger Stranger, in high school how many kids do you think play both ways. And is it conceivable that when Mr. DeShawn Smith went 79 yards for that touchdown against them dogs that a good number of Smyrna Defenders were on the field at that time?

No more questions your honor, you witness councillor...

P.S. Don't threaten me cause I will get a restraining order.

Easy sparky that cool name has to do with his military service. Choose another subject. And for your info when our defensive playrers were on the field at the same time as your offensive players zero points were put up on the board. none of that really matters now does it? Just remember still got riverdale and oakland to go on your schedule. what is that on your forhead. is that, i htink it is, a bead of sweat. they have offenses that will score a bus load of points. have fun

smyrna vs. riverdale...

2 of my favorite defensive coaches...williams vs wells :ugeek:

Overtime for sure! :wacko:

after that it's 50-50 who will win... :blink:

You must be Coach Keesler's brother, Daddy, brother in law, Uncle, Cousin, Nephew, or Coach Keesler himself. Whoever you are, welcome to Coach T with this life changing post and your 5th post. :wacko: Pretty powerful stuff here. Everyone knows Keesler is the Defensive Coordinator. Everyone knows Smyrna's Defense is strong. Everyone knows Smyrna lost to Ensworth. Everyone knows Smyrna lost to Blackman. Everyone knows Smyrna got out coached at the end of the game by Ensworth. Everyone knows Smyrna's offense stinks. Everyone knows close does not matter in football. :blink: Go Dawgs!

Both are good teams that understand the importance of the game. It will be a close game and Riverdale has won some close games against very good teams. Riverdale has some injury problems and that is the one fly in the ointment. Looks like the weather will be OK. Both teams may have problems putting last week behind them. Smyrna ended Riverdale's playoff chances last year.

I'll say Riverdale 21-17.