Lebanon @ Mt Juliet

SCBisondad

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to the Lebanon Democrat someone claims that the 1966 MJ FB team started out 9-0---the paper when on to say that that claim could not be verified---not sure that what happened that far back is relevant, just know that saying 6-0 feels good now

1965 team (1966 srs.) was 9-0 before losing their last regular season game, followed by a bowl loss. So, they finished 9-2. Big brawl after last regular season game resulted in MJ being placed on probation by TSSAA. However, with no postseason playoffs in effect in 1965, TSSAA decided to punish the basketball teams, by not allowing them to participate in post-season tournaments in 1966. I never have figured that one out.

Billybee, you need to understand FB expectations have always been modest to low in Wilson County. Wilson County borders 6 separate counties which have all won state championships in football. 5 of the 6 have multiple titles. Would you believe Wilson County (12th most populated of 95) FB teams have NEVER won a TSSAA state championship? NOR EVEN PLACED A TEAM IN THE FINALS, (yes, I'm yelling.)except for Friendship once. Of course, this year only makes 41 years since the playoffs began. So we may be guilty of being a little impatient.

Compare and contrast Wilson County FB success with Rutherford, Sumner, and Trousdale counties, in particular. How many gold balls in those 3 counties alone? Ridiculous.

Also Wilson County girls basketball teams have won 6 state championships since 1971. So I theorized it might have something to do with the shape of the ball, and how true it bounced. Until, I realized that no boys basketball team from Wilson County has ever won a title or finished runners-up. Amazing.

Can somebody, anybody, explain this to me?

according to the Lebanon Democrat someone claims that the 1966 MJ FB team started out 9-0---the paper when on to say that that claim could not be verified---not sure that what happened that far back is relevant, just know that saying 6-0 feels good now

1965 team (1966 srs.) was 9-0 before losing their last regular season game, followed by a bowl loss. So, they finished 9-2. Big brawl after last regular season game resulted in MJ being placed on probation by TSSAA. However, with no postseason playoffs in effect in 1965, TSSAA decided to punish the basketball teams, by not allowing them to participate in post-season tournaments in 1966. I never have figured that one out.

Billybee, you need to understand FB expectations have always been modest to low in Wilson County. Wilson County borders 6 separate counties which have all won state championships in football. 5 of the 6 have multiple titles. Would you believe Wilson County (12th most populated of 95) FB teams have NEVER won a TSSAA state championship? NOR EVEN PLACED A TEAM IN THE FINALS, (yes, I'm yelling.)except for Friendship once. Of course, this year only makes 41 years since the playoffs began. So we may be guilty of being a little impatient.

Compare and contrast Wilson County FB success with Rutherford, Sumner, and Trousdale counties, in particular. How many gold balls in those 3 counties alone? Ridiculous.

Also Wilson County girls basketball teams have won 6 state championships since 1971. So I theorized it might have something to do with the shape of the ball, and how true it bounced. Until, I realized that no boys basketball team from Wilson County has ever won a title or finished runners-up. Amazing.

Can somebody, anybody, explain this to me?

Maybe we should start a girls football team. JK!