MACON Co OR GREENBRIER

okpaul

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenbrier has already beaten Sycamore this season. When you combine that with the fact that they've taken care of business in the non-district games against Springfield, Portland, & Cheatham then you'd see that they'll be in good shape when comparing them to Sycamore-Macon OR Sycamore Westmoreland in any kind of 3-WAY tiebreaker scenario.

Basically all Greenbrier has to do in order to make the playoffs is to win 1 of their 2 games against Macon County & Westmoreland. This week the Bobcats go to Lafeyette to take on the Tigers in the 1st of those 2 contests. If Greenbrier beats Macon then they are going to be a Class 4A playoff team when the bracket is released on Saturday morning October 31st. Good luck to the Bobcats this week.

I hope Greenbrier doesn't go to Macon expecting to get an easy win because everyone remembers what happened down there in 2007 and how it nearly cost Greenbrier a trip to the playoffs that season :thumb:

Greenbrier has already beaten Sycamore this season. When you combine that with the fact that they've taken care of business in the non-district games against Springfield, Portland, & Cheatham then you'd see that they'll be in good shape when comparing them to Sycamore-Macon OR Sycamore Westmoreland in any kind of 3-WAY tiebreaker scenario.

Basically all Greenbrier has to do in order to make the playoffs is to win 1 of their 2 games against Macon County & Westmoreland. This week the Bobcats go to Lafeyette to take on the Tigers in the 1st of those 2 contests. If Greenbrier beats Macon then they are going to be a Class 4A playoff team when the bracket is released on Saturday morning October 31st. Good luck to the Bobcats this week.

I hope Greenbrier doesn't go to Macon expecting to get an easy win because everyone remembers what happened down there in 2007 and how it nearly cost Greenbrier a trip to the playoffs that season :roflolk:

I'll say this, and probably get hammered for it, but IMO, MC is a little ahead of Westy. I saw both play SC. I know Westy beat SC that night, but overall, I thought MC was the better of the 2. No matter, how this year comes out for MC, it looks like Goolsby has them going in the right direction.

I'll say this, and probably get hammered for it, but IMO, MC is a little ahead of Westy. I saw both play SC. I know Westy beat SC that night, but overall, I thought MC was the better of the 2. No matter, how this year comes out for MC, it looks like Goolsby has them going in the right direction.

You could be right. Unless Westy has improved drastically since TC scrimmaged them & the Jamboree,

MC could take this one. Logically both should have improved a bit, buy if MC can get the passing game

up to par & a run game to go with it, they should be better than the week 0 outing. I still see the

SC / Westy game as a fluke, but have been wrong before. LOL

If the Bobcats play to their full potential, they could win the rest of their games. Injuries and a tendancy to play "even" with the competition are our biggest challenges right now. These guys are hungry for some post season play this year, and a win this week will lock the Bobcats in for the playoffs. The Bobcats will be ready!

I hope Greenbrier doesn't go to Macon expecting to get an easy win because everyone remembers what happened down there in 2007 and how it nearly cost Greenbrier a trip to the playoffs that season :thumb:

If it had'nt been raining, smith co. beats westmoreland eaisly. This was a fluke but a good wake up call for smith. Smith would have thrown the ball all over the place on westy. westy got a huge break and lucky. they could play 10 times and smith win 9 of them on a dry field.

HEY, tigers show me some HEART. Im not just talking about winning. EveRYbody can say well the coach did this or did that. SO. All coaches make a few mistakes. It all comes down to the players, if ya got fair coaches and I think yall do. Show me some HEART, win or loose. WANT TOO! DESIRE TO PLAY THE GAME. EXTRA EFFORT,not just going threw the motions,win or loose. COME'ON PLAY THE GAME LIKE IT'S THE LAST THING YOU WILL EVER GET TO DO,OR GET OUT OF THE WAY! show me some heart and forget about the past 5 games or even winning. HEART!

Westmoreland's new offense is struggling all the way around while Sycamore's offense has steadily improved with each passing week. If Sycamore ever establishes some sort of consistent play in the passing game they could be a dangerous team for anyone to play (including Goodpasture & White House).

Your about 5 sandwiches short of a picnic. Goodpasture and whitehouse will beat sycamore like a 30 year old drum set out of tune. AS BAD AS THEY WANT IT TO BE.

Westmoreland's new offense is struggling all the way around while Sycamore's offense has steadily improved with each passing week. If Sycamore ever establishes some sort of consistent play in the passing game they could be a dangerous team for anyone to play (including Goodpasture & White House).

Your about 5 sandwiches short of a picnic. Goodpasture and whitehouse will beat sycamore like a 30 year old drum set out of tune. AS BAD AS THEY WANT IT TO BE.

We shall see my friend. Just remember this......

CPA beat Goodpasture

East Literature beat CPA

Sycamore beat East Literature

If that trend holds true then you may be choking on some sandwiches in a few weeks :thumb:

You can't count on the "who beat who" thing. If so Sycamore only beat Macon by 1 in OT with Macon missing every extra point. Goodpasture beat Macon by more than 30. It all means nothing for the Sycamore Goodpasture game. You still have to line up and play. It will all come down to who executes the best. Back to the topic. I expect the Wildcats by a couple of TDs in this one but the Tigers are improving every week and I am hoping this is the week they break out. Keep up the Good work Goolsby. Never count out the Tigers.