MACON Co OR GREENBRIER

okpaul

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coach needs a new "old" game plan. QUIT THROWING THE BALL! It's so predictable-a versatile team can switch up the throw and run the ball. I'm an old timer and I can tell you what's new is not always best. I say "dance with the one that brung you". Nothing wrong with Old School. MCJHS has had a decent season. What happens when they get to high school? Someone who is smarter than me needs to explain this to me.............. :roflolk:

My sons played against Macon back from2002 through 2006. I believe Macon had a long-time, well-respected coach during most of this time. He was an older gentleman but he was well respected and knew how to coach and have good team. Then he was just gone. What happened with him? I gained total respect for him him after the Cats handled Macon pretty good in a scrimmage and he came over and spoke to GBs team and said you guys are good, you play with class, and we want to be where you are. They did get better but then he was gone.

Thank you “Nodoubt” for your post. Your exactly right that man your are speaking of is a wonderful man and coach who unfortunately got treated wrong in Macon County. Macon County had a very good team in 2003, but what made us so good was the fact that they were a TEAM, which consisted of talented athletes and intelligent coaches who all had HEART and the want to WIN! After that season we all knew it was going to be rebuilding years because we lost 14 very talented seniors in which 5 of those made up the line. They took weight lifting very seriously which is a big part of preparing for a season. You have to be big, strong, and have fundamental skills in order to dominate your opponent. Everyone was so hung up on the 2003 season that they expected it from then on out and when you lose so many talented football players it will take time to be another 2003 season. As for the coach you are talking about he left for a year and came back to help out the young coach we had for the past 4 years and then coach Goolsby asked him to stay on with him, so he was there Friday night on the side lines still coaching the great game of football! Macon may not be doing so well this year, but I honestly feel there are great days ahead for Macon County Football….GO TIGERS!

Thank you “Nodoubt” for your post. Your exactly right that man your are speaking of is a wonderful man and coach who unfortunately got treated wrong in Macon County. Macon County had a very good team in 2003, but what made us so good was the fact that they were a TEAM, which consisted of talented athletes and intelligent coaches who all had HEART and the want to WIN! After that season we all knew it was going to be rebuilding years because we lost 14 very talented seniors in which 5 of those made up the line. They took weight lifting very seriously which is a big part of preparing for a season. You have to be big, strong, and have fundamental skills in order to dominate your opponent. Everyone was so hung up on the 2003 season that they expected it from then on out and when you lose so many talented football players it will take time to be another 2003 season. As for the coach you are talking about he left for a year and came back to help out the young coach we had for the past 4 years and then coach Goolsby asked him to stay on with him, so he was there Friday night on the side lines still coaching the great game of football! Macon may not be doing so well this year, but I honestly feel there are great days ahead for Macon County Football….GO TIGERS!

Yeah, you could tell that he was the type of coach that was going everything out of his players if they were willing to give it. Glad he's back.

What about this. Our offense had the ball for 14 minutes. Well lets study about that , when your Defense is struggling the smart thing would be to do is try to keep them off of the field. I would seriously look into lining up and try to run the ball. The bobcats had a few small lineman and on there O line number 52 didn't weigh 150 soaking wet but he was a very good blocker. We have some very speedy backs and I believe it would open up the throw with some possitive running . I don't see that team beating us that bad with a different game plan . You know if its broke fix it. Very impressed with how hard the boys play GOOD LUCK AND KEEP WORKING HARD!!! And for the comment that was made about the Jr. High team. Trying to keep them together would be my goal I think there is like 35 of them. Have a full freshman schedule would be my plan. Unlike the seventh graders this year only having one seventh grade game, you know those boys ran all summer just like the starters and only had one game. You want to talk about building a program thats were it starts. And some of the eighth graders that don't start could've played too in the seventh grade game. You know in high school your freshman and sophomores need to be playing in jv or freshman games instead of waiting around until they are Jr or Seniors and then throw them into the fire. That my friend is how you build a program. One more thing for Coach G. RUN THE OFFENSE THAT SUITS YOUR TALENT . LOOK AT YOUR TEAM AND SAY WE NEED TO DO THIS. AND NOW THAT WE ARE O -6 WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO TRY

MACON COUNTY #### SUCKS!!! ALL THE PLAYERS ALWAYS TALK ABOUT HOW THEYRE GOOD BUT BY GOD YOUR NOT GOOD IF YOUR 0-6 IT DOESNT MATTER HOW HARD YOUR SCHEDULE IS IF YOU CANT PLAY WITH THE TEAMS THEN YOU GET CLASSIFIED AS #### SUCKY!

To start with COACH "T" KICK THIS GUY OFF. Never should anybody be aloud to use that type of language. IF you want to post a comment, that's o.k. but leave GOD out,when your using it this way.Now about the game. D has improved a bunch maybe not great but has come along way. O NO POINTS untill 4th. Seems we like we get one thing fixed the other breaks. that's o.k. I now we are a young football team. It will all come together sooner or later. Boys played hard and I love it, it's gonna happen just give it time. Just a thought how about a reverse or a trick play or some mis- direction ever now and again with a little more running plan. I am not bashing,just a thought. THE SUN WILL COME OUT AND SHINE BRIGHT ON MACON FOOTBALL. TO MANY RIGHT THINGS HAVE ALREADY BEEN DONE AND THE PLAYERS KNOW THIS! GIVE IT TIME. IT WILL BE ALOT BETTER NEXT YEAR AND MIGHT GET TURNED BEFORE THE SEASON IS OVER. AGAIN GIVE IT TIME.

What about this. Our offense had the ball for 14 minutes. Well lets study about that , when your Defense is struggling the smart thing would be to do is try to keep them off of the field. I would seriously look into lining up and try to run the ball. The bobcats had a few small lineman and on there O line number 52 didn't weigh 150 soaking wet but he was a very good blocker. We have some very speedy backs and I believe it would open up the throw with some possitive running . I don't see that team beating us that bad with a different game plan . You know if its broke fix it. Very impressed with how hard the boys play GOOD LUCK AND KEEP WORKING HARD!!! And for the comment that was made about the Jr. High team. Trying to keep them together would be my goal I think there is like 35 of them. Have a full freshman schedule would be my plan. Unlike the seventh graders this year only having one seventh grade game, you know those boys ran all summer just like the starters and only had one game. You want to talk about building a program thats were it starts. And some of the eighth graders that don't start could've played too in the seventh grade game. You know in high school your freshman and sophomores need to be playing in jv or freshman games instead of waiting around until they are Jr or Seniors and then throw them into the fire. That my friend is how you build a program. One more thing for Coach G. RUN THE OFFENSE THAT SUITS YOUR TALENT . LOOK AT YOUR TEAM AND SAY WE NEED TO DO THIS. AND NOW THAT WE ARE O -6 WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO TRY

I like it. good post,alot of truth to this post.