MACON Co OR GREENBRIER

okpaul

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenbrier has already beaten Sycamore this season. When you combine that with the fact that they've taken care of business in the non-district games against Springfield, Portland, & Cheatham then you'd see that they'll be in good shape when comparing them to Sycamore-Macon OR Sycamore Westmoreland in any kind of 3-WAY tiebreaker scenario.

Basically all Greenbrier has to do in order to make the playoffs is to win 1 of their 2 games against Macon County & Westmoreland. This week the Bobcats go to Lafeyette to take on the Tigers in the 1st of those 2 contests. If Greenbrier beats Macon then they are going to be a Class 4A playoff team when the bracket is released on Saturday morning October 31st. Good luck to the Bobcats this week.

I hope Greenbrier doesn't go to Macon expecting to get an easy win because everyone remembers what happened down there in 2007 and how it nearly cost Greenbrier a trip to the playoffs that season :roflol:

I'll say this, and probably get hammered for it, but IMO, MC is a little ahead of Westy. I saw both play SC. I know Westy beat SC that night, but overall, I thought MC was the better of the 2. No matter, how this year comes out for MC, it looks like Goolsby has them going in the right direction.[/quote

Thanks for the good comments and I agree whole heartdly!!!!!!!!!!

They beat East Literature this past week slimshady so your comment is ridiculous because it is obviously wrong..........as usual :popcorneater:

This ant a sycamore thread. get on a white house or goodpasture thread and tell them how your going to play with'em. Im sure their looking foward to playing ya anyway. Go on get them 2 pitbulls stired up and get off here, we'll see ya next here and we can't wait. Now back to this thread. Play hard tigers and lay with'em. WORK HARD IN PRACTICE. iF YOU DON'T PRACTICE HARD, YOU WANT PLAY HARD.

Greenbrier knows fully what is at stake here and that is a trip to the playoffs. This win will almost assure Greenbrier a trip to the TSSAA State Playoffs. I am sure that coach Williams will stress that to his guys this week and that the trip to Macon 2 years ago when they stumbled will also serve as a reminder. I look for Greenbrier to jump out early and get the job done this week over an improving Tigers bunch.

Greenbrier knows fully what is at stake here and that is a trip to the playoffs. This win will almost assure Greenbrier a trip to the TSSAA State Playoffs. I am sure that coach Williams will stress that to his guys this week and that the trip to Macon 2 years ago when they stumbled will also serve as a reminder. I look for Greenbrier to jump out early and get the job done this week over an improving Tigers bunch.

I agree with strongside :thumb: and slimshady that was the most heart felt post I have ever seen you place on the board thank you! lol... I'm pulling for TC to pull in a win this week over FC good luck guys! Grunt have them legs shaved by Friday :o anyway back to business........."howdoitknow" I wouldn't get to ahead of yourself there cowboy saying Greenbrier will jump to an early lead and take an easy win! The Tigers are working hard and are hungry for a win and would love to put a thorn in Greenbrier's trip to the State Playoffs sir. :cry: Never count this crew out I'm really seeing some great things around here and some young guys working hard and IMPROVING with every step of the way. As I mentioned before I feel Coach G and other coaches are putting fire into the boys that hasnt been seen in a long time around here. Don't expect to to walk in the jungle and take a win, these boys have heart, determination, and a WIN just around the corner. :lol:

1.....2..........3.......... HIT SOMEBODY

They beat East Literature this past week slimshady so your comment is ridiculous because it is obviously wrong..........as usual :ugeek:

Lets see E.L. is 3-2, there 3 wins came against Westmoreland (1-4). CPA (2-4), Hillwood (2-4). I wouldn't exactly classify them as quality wins. And i'd bet CPA would beat'em if they play again.

GO TIGERS!

Well my goodness slimshady....."IF" is a word that doesn't count in the end. Do you not think Macon would like another shot at Sycamore? Do you not think Springfield would like another shot at Greenbrier? Do you not think Riverdale would like another shot at Hendersonville? Do you not think that Goodpasture would like another shot at CPA? Do you not think White House would like another shot at Beech? Do you not think Giles would like another shot at Cookeville? I am sure CPA would like another shot at East Literature. I'm also sure they'd like another shot at Maplewood. Guess what though.....THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT THEY LOST WHEN IT COUNTED! There are no re-tries, no mulligans, no second chances, etc.

I'm sure the Titans could be 3-0 instead of 0-3 "IF" they got to play them again however that just isn't a possibility. They lost. Period!