10A Hows it looking?

justafan09

I would have to agree that both are good point guards, but at this point in the season it is hard to justify who is the best. Clarksville Academy played a Northeast team that has all of the tools to repeat the State Tournament in 3A; as for the Dickson County team that Houston County played, I can't say very much about them. What I can say is that it's hard to compare a State Tournament caliber team, who blew out Dickson County by 30 points each time they played them, to a team who is coming off of a 7-19 year. Northeast's pressure is drastically different than the pressure received from a team that has not made a State tournament appearance in several years.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so a state caliber team beat another state caliber team... I don't get your point. CA will dominate 10A, just like they did last year, but I said last year, and I will say it again this year, the team that has the best chance of beating them is HC. I was right last year... As to the point guard discussion, I haven't seen the boy from CA, other than a couple of times last year, but I do know what the Cooksey boy is capable of, as to whether he plays up to his full potentional is to be seen. They played a fast paced and very aggresive game against Dickson Co... and looked good doing it.

Season is here, best of luck to all teams, hope everyone makes it thru the season injury free, and remember, it's a game to be enjoyed. I

Im not a Heritage or East fan but shouldnt Heritage be a pretty good team since they only lost one starter in albright? They had 2 other players make All-District and another one make All-Tourney. They have two big guys inside that played alot when they played our team and played pretty good in the tournament. They also have a great coach in Petrone that seems to always have his team prepared. Even if people dont like them they will not be a team that anyone can look over. Also I think East could be a bigger contender then what people think. Woodard is the best offensive PG in the district and had two great games against us last year. Then Stratton is the best 3 point shooter in the district, and by far when he is hot. That is two big offensive threats you have to worry about just about every night. If they get bette inside they could be a problem for alot of teams. Just my opinion but what does everyone else think about these two teams?

Well, from reading the article in out of the Leaf Chronicle this morning about Clarksville Academy getting a big victory over Waverly Central, this year's team is going to be "high flying." There were 3 dunks in the game, two by Malcolm Smith and one on an ally oop to Martin Smith. Malcolm's dunks came on a missed shot by Heith Dyer with a put back and the other came on a breakaway. The team also shot well behind the arc in making 8 3 pointers, with Dyer making 3, Malcolm making 2, Martin making 1, Miles Barger making 1, and Russell making 1.

What is Houston Co starting lineup.I saw the box score did not have Monroe,Featherstone,or Roper-Did they just not score or not play,I thought Monroe would have a good year.

Monroe hurt his ankle pretty bad at practice the day before their first game. Hes out til atleast after Thanksgiving. Not really sure about the others.

Monroe went down in the last practice before the Clarksburg game with two pulled tendons in his ankle, dr says 3 - 6 weeks before he can play again. Featherstone played, and played well defensively, but only shot the ball 2 times that I saw.... Roper only played ummm 2 minutes?? maybe, in the Northwest game, for some reason Coach Cox isn't giving him any game time. We here in HC have been scratching our heads over it. Cox has been playing a sophomore and a freshman instead, and while they are both very good players, neither has the floor time Roper does, I have seen him play very good games in JV last year, and AAU ball. Seems like you would want experience on the floor with Monroe out. Skelton played a big game against Northwest, 25 points, 27 rebounds. Moved like a MAN under the goal. He has improved 100%