10A Hows it looking?

justafan09

are you serious? woodard lined up on me in football at corner and he was one of the softest football players ive ever played against. hes too soft for malcolm, who worked hard this offseason and is even more solid than last year. sure woodard can jump, but martin can jump with anybody and is taller than woodard. you might wanna rethink that.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tuesday HC vs CA at HC same setting as last years district chmpion ship game who do u think will come on top? i say hc by 4

I'll take CA by 15+

You must have something against HC, I don't know that I have ever saw a post that you said anything good about them.

All I have said on HC may be harsh, but I feel it is true. I doubt their PG is #1 in the district and if he is then he either improved vastly over the summer or the district's PG are down.

I attest to that with a full game guarding him last year when he scored 15 but he did it on a high number of shots and was not very good at running a offense in a game that my team won 57-41.

are you serious? woodard lined up on me in football at corner and he was one of the softest football players ive ever played against. hes too soft for malcolm, who worked hard this offseason and is even more solid than last year. sure woodard can jump, but martin can jump with anybody and is taller than woodard. you might wanna rethink that.

I will agree with this also, Woodard is a heck of a player but is a soft player. I was on NCS's team the last 3 years, and will say it now. I enjoyed playing ER last year the 3 times we did. In the one game I was assigned to guard him he had his lowest scoring output against us. He is very prone to some garbage talk and lets his emotions get him. If you are physical with him on D he is a very easy player to shut down.

As far as the Woodard-Smith argument...... Smith > Woodard.

"Birdman12 wrote:

are you serious? woodard lined up on me in football at corner and he was one of the softest football players ive ever played against. hes too soft for malcolm, who worked hard this offseason and is even more solid than last year. sure woodard can jump, but martin can jump with anybody and is taller than woodard. you might wanna rethink that."

I thought Woodard went all conference in football.... I don't follow football, but that is what I was told before the ER - HC game. Did you? As for the jumping, I agree with whoever posted it... he can jump with the twins. i am not taking anything away from them, they are ballplayers... HC's Skelton can jump with them too, as can Monroe and Roper. However, They may not be as physical... They are not prone to dropping the shoulder and getting away with the charges like Malcom does. I have said all along that Martin is the better player of the two. Good luck to both teams tonight. CA may beat an injury laden HC team, but those boys won't give it to them. And remember, they beat them 2 times last year.... but when it came to the game they needed to win, they got the job done.

"Birdman12 wrote:

are you serious? woodard lined up on me in football at corner and he was one of the softest football players ive ever played against. hes too soft for malcolm, who worked hard this offseason and is even more solid than last year. sure woodard can jump, but martin can jump with anybody and is taller than woodard. you might wanna rethink that."

I thought Woodard went all conference in football.... I don't follow football, but that is what I was told before the ER - HC game. Did you? As for the jumping, I agree with whoever posted it... he can jump with the twins. i am not taking anything away from them, they are ballplayers... HC's Skelton can jump with them too, as can Monroe and Roper. However, They may not be as physical... They are not prone to dropping the shoulder and getting away with the charges like Malcom does. I have said all along that Martin is the better player of the two. Good luck to both teams tonight. CA may beat an injury laden HC team, but those boys won't give it to them. And remember, they beat them 2 times last year.... but when it came to the game they needed to win, they got the job done.

i agree hc will not hand the game away, but there are going to have to step up bc last year they had a big factor with Dillard, and Skelton is going to have to play like he has been playing all year which is awesome compared to last year, and Cooksey is going to have to STAY OUT OF FOUL TROUBLE! and Monroe and Roper are going to have to rebound and make shots under the basket and hit their free throws. Barnes is going to have to stay on dyer and not let him shoot which i wouldn't worry Barnes is the best defensive player around. and Cooksey is going to have to stay with Travis Russell who's is just as quick and that's saying something. it should be a good game i wouldn't miss it.

Well, as I said in an earlier post, I went down to HC tonight to watch the game between them and Clarksville A. I got there right after half time of the girls game, and left in the 3rd quarter of the boys. NOT because Academy was winning, but because of the blantant and obvious calling by the referees. Now I have no dogs in this district, don't live in Houston County, and only wanted to see a good game of basketball. But, as a fan and former ref myself, I will have to say I was ashamed of the bad bad refing that went on. The change of calls... the terrible fouls committed against Houston Countys , (I thought for sure their point guard would have a concussion after one of the twins took his head off 2 times on layups ) with no call. HC was getting the shaft, I knew it, HC knew it, and if they are honest people, CA knew it too.

I overheard one fan say " might as well put a saddle on our boys the way they are riding their backs" and that is God's truth. Is THIS why Clarksville A is winning all their games? Are they allowed to play every game like I saw them playing tonight? Do the refs stand back and let them run roughshod over every team, because they are SUPPOSSED to be the dominant team in the district? The refs in Houston County tonight, well, 2 of them, need to go back to school, or get some guts and call the game the way it's suppossed to be called. Because what I saw tonight is why referees have a bad name. I was disgusted.

As to the point guard references on here, Cooksey is the better of the two, even their second string point guard could keep up with CA's.

HC's big boy wasn't hitting tonight, but the whole team came out cold in the first quarter, CA was hitting, but the charging was unreal and uncalled, although HC got a couple called on them, they were jokes, bad bad calls on the ones I saw.

One thing before I go, if you are going to dunk the ball, make the dunk, you just look foolish if you don't, in my opinion, a good coach wouldn't let his players attempt dunks, 2 points is 2 points, no matter how the ball goes in. At this age, all a dunk is good for is to get a boy hurt, as happened tonight when one of the twins hung on the goal with boys under him ( do I smell technical? ) and wound up busting his head in the floor. He jumps up, runs down the floor, where HC has fast broke to their end, and as HC's boy goes to put the shot up, one of the refs calls a refs timeout, because the boy has fallen, the one that has already run down the floor........ just to take 2 away from HC??? Sure looked that way to me.

As I said, I was ashamed and disgusted by what I saw tonight. In an evenly called game, CA may still come out on top, but it would be closer, because most of CA's team would foul out by halftime. CA will win the district, and may go to state, but they won't be allowed to play like what I saw tonight in the 'Boro. Not unless they bring their own refs.

McEwen beat Nashville Christian tonight, so I think your biggest competition for CA is now McEwen. They play really hard, they also have tons of shooters. They have them outside and inside. The twins have been shooting great this year. Many great dribblers, there point is pretty good at that. Also there post player is hitting the board hard. There an overall good team. So CA might want to watch out for them.

CA won by 32...there is no way that refs accouted for 32 points and if you believe that you are ignorant. As for the calls they were terrible dont get me worng but they were terrible both ways. There was one time that Smith went up dunked the ball and was undercut by 10 from HC. The refs are part of the game that both teams have to deal wit. you forgot to mention that the only two players for HC who were in foul trouble were their best players who were simply asked to do too much. Those two players are good but HC doesnt have the other 3 players to match up with CA. I am also unsure about the injury troubl they had but if you honestly think it will make dufference then consider this game a warmup and whenever HC is ready to put up or shut up CA will be there to meet the challenge. But i as well as many fans i know are tired of people saying their team lost because of foul calls it is something that a team must adjust to and the good teams will. You cannot hope to succeed if your team is only a fair weather team. But you cannot deny that when it came to shot making CA made theirs and HC didnt.

Innocentbystander..you are a complete joke. If you think that Houston County got anywhere close to getting the shaft in that game. I beleive Malcom smith got a tech for trying to save a ball from going out of bounds after getting fouled. Houston County was at home with their home referees and got beat by 32 points after CA started sitting their starters at the start of the 4th. CA could have kept pouring it on and won by 50 if they had wanted to. If you couldn't tell by the turnovers and easy buckets and feild goal percentage and every other stat that Houston County is no where close to being at Clarksville Academy's level idk what else to say. Getting beat by 32 points and stil saying your better than someone..come on now. And if it wasn't blatantly obvious that Travis russel is the best point guard in the district look at the stats or watch the tape from tonight's game.

Oh and do you think high school hand pick their refs? and determine the calls they make? You are trying to take away from someone other than yourself because you are cowardly person and can't give respect where respect is due..maybe you think the refs were biased but to talk about how that is the only way a team wins their games..wow I have alot of respect for you. Teams win games because they hustle play and are coached better and that's how you ultimately get to the state tournament. A team got beat by 32 points and all I'm hearing is how much better they are..how many points does it take for someone to admit that maybe they're just not as good as the other team? 50? Houston County has a good team and I'm not taking anything away from that but they are NO where close to the caliber of CA.