South Greene (Much needed off week)

lastyear21

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the South Greene get back on their fit after this much needed off week?

Really..... have they pulled Susong out of his ice pack yet?That kid has really taken a pounding the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Suprisingly, besides beats and bangs, he does not seem to have any injuries from what i hear.

The Rebels played terrible Friday. I dont wanna say anything bad about them, but dang...

Can the South Greene get back on their fit after this much needed off week?

Really..... have they pulled Susong out of his ice pack yet?That kid has really taken a pounding the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Suprisingly, besides beats and bangs, he does not seem to have any injuries from what i hear.

The Rebels played terrible Friday. I dont wanna say anything bad about them, but dang...

Good to hear....maybe need to start his line on a feeding program...put some biscuits down their pie-holes and some beef on their bones in the off week...if he had some size on that line, he'd be dangerous.

Yeah SG lacks 2 things from being a great team... Linemen and Linebackers.... Too bad those are vital parts of a football team... but hey they only have two conference losses so they can still come in 3rd or better...

Question,LY....have you heard of any local schools who have home-schooled players this year? Since TSSAA will allow them to participate in athletics at the schools they would be zoned for, I would hope to see some of these kids this year.

Yeah SG lacks 2 things from being a great team... Linemen and Linebackers.... Too bad those are vital parts of a football team... but hey they only have two conference losses so they can still come in 3rd or better...

Question,LY....have you heard of any local schools who have home-schooled players this year? Since TSSAA will allow them to participate in athletics at the schools they would be zoned for, I would hope to see some of these kids this year.

Nope barb, i sure havent heard of it. I do think it would be a good thing for these kids to get involved into a sport with their local schools though.

Nope barb, i sure havent heard of it. I do think it would be a good thing for these kids to get involved into a sport with their local schools though.

Other than school,how is participation of the younger kids in football in the county. I know the new Boys and Girl Club league in Greeneville and the rec leagues are having a great year here in town.

Can the South Greene get back on their feet after this much needed off week?

You gotta hand it to the Crockett coaching staff, they studied us hard and were very prepared for our offense. They kept our receivers covered all night and we don't have any size on the ground, so what do you do then. They Reb O coach kept calling pass plays all night, knowing what was gonna happen. We should have formed a backup plan, but we didn't. Gotta go forward, that ones over. Their man Choppe was awsome, he ran all over us. I'm glad they have the week off to help with a few nagging injuries from the last couple of games. I think they will come back ready for the Grainger game. Their last four games are must win conference games and I think they will use the time to their advantage.

how do you make the playoffs again barb? I know if two 4a schools in our district get 1 and 2 they qualify. How does it work for everyone else. I expect Greeneville to make it and finish 1st in the conference :(

this was as posted on Greenevillefootball.com

Greeneville's new conference will have three 4A teams - Greeneville, Grainger County, and Claiborne. Thus, only one of those teams will be an automatic qualifer each year. The 4A team with the best overall conference record (against all opponents, not just other 4A opponents) would be the automatic qualifer. An additional 4A team could automatically qualify by fitting the following rule 4b. There are 53 teams in 4A beginning next year. 23 of those could be automatic qualifiers, even if none of them finished first or second in the conference (see rule b. below). To see how many automatic qualifiers could come from each district under this rule, see the chart at the bottom of the page.

b. Teams finishing 1st or 2nd in the district are automatic qualifiers

c. Wild cards Based on TSSAA tiebreakers After all automatic qualifiers are determined, the remaining slots will be filled by Wild Card teams, which will be selected based on their overall record, and by applying current tiebreaker rules.

6. The 32 teams are then placed geographically in 4 quadrants with 8 teams in each quadrant.

7. The eight teams are placed in the bracket so that no teams from the same district play each other in the first round except when there are 5 or more teams from the same district. Placements are then done with priorities given to automatic qualifiers based on their district finish followed by Wild Cards. There may be times where teams have to be placed other than their order of district finish to avoid teams from the same district meeting in the first round. This is basically what happened with Cumberland Gap and West Greene in the 2A playoffs in 2008. While Cumberland Gap beat West Greene in the regular season and finished ahead of them in the confernce standings, CG was shifted to another region for first round playoff action. West Greene, qualifying as a Wild Card, was able to play Happy Valley while Cumberland Gap faced Alcoa.

8. The team with the higher seed will host throughout the first three rounds. In the semifinals, the top team in the bracket will host in odd years and the team in the bottom bracket will host in even years. (Exceptions: If the two teams are from the same district, the higher finishing team in district standings shall host.) This differs from the current system in that home field can be earned through three rounds of play, rather than two. Under the system in place in 2008 and before, the third and fourth round site was determined by top/bottom of the bracket placement. Under that system, teams were only seeded 1-4 in their own conference, rather than 1-8 in a "super region."

It sounds like the 3a subclass will have 2 automatic qualifiers, according to their conference records with overall records used as tiebreaker.