Lipscomb

turnin two

While I recognize Lipscomb is a young team and lost alot of talent off last year's team, they just didnt look to have it vs Goodpasture Friday night. Ive watch Mac's teams for the last 10 years and this years team is the first that I recall acted like they didnt want to hit. Goodpasture, a young team too, just manhandled them from the start. With Whites Creek coming in this week, it could get worse.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Lipscomb falls to Whites Creek all dreams of the playoffs are OVER. :thumb:

and why is that so funny?

David Lipscomb is a young football team and they are experiencing some growing pains. It happens to every team at some point or another. Look at how Goodpasture fared in the 1st half of the season last year before they turned it around late and made a postseason run to the state semifinals. David Lipscomb is more than capable of doing the same thing. Best wishes to the Mustangs!

If Lipscomb falls to Whites Creek all dreams of the playoffs are OVER. :roflol:

and why is that so funny?

David Lipscomb is a young football team and they are experiencing some growing pains. It happens to every team at some point or another. Look at how Goodpasture fared in the 1st half of the season last year before they turned it around late and made a postseason run to the state semifinals. David Lipscomb is more than capable of doing the same thing. Best wishes to the Mustangs!

Because I have for years read on here, that with the Lipscomb program its not the players, but rather the coaches and the system. They still have the same coaches as they have had for many years, but not the same result. Now don't get me wrong, I have probably seen more Lipscomb games over the past few years than some of the parents of the the players. I have a great deal of respect for their team and past players (and current) while at the same time I have little to none for their zealous fans. After all this is a fan page isn't it.

Now don't get me wrong, I have probably seen more Lipscomb games over the past few years than some of the parents of the the players. I have a great deal of respect for their team and past players (and current) while at the same time I have little to none for their zealous fans. After all this is a fan page isn't it. :roflol:

Would that qualify you as one! If not, quit comming if your going to bash the program :roflol:

Likearock, For someone that has seen so many Lipscomb games it appears that you are oblivious to whats been going on at the school for some time. Two years ago four charter buses were taken filled with fans to the memphis mitchell game in memphis along with many other fans in car and on foot. To say that Lipscomb does not have much fan or community support is false. Also you in a snide way say that Lipscomb coaches are not getting the job done. Well if you remember last year they made it to the 4th round of the playoffs so even a year ago something was going right. Secondly lets look at some facts. 1) No matter how many people were at the games Lipscomb never lost to Giles county. 2) From 2002 to 2008 Lipscomb played in the state championship 5 times. The other two years they got beat in the 4th round of the playoffs. I guess those are the good old years that you try to make it sound were ages ago. Thats a fairly recent range of domination. Not to mention Coach Mac is a living legend coach who has coached in some capacity in 12 state championship games going back to his time at Milan. For you to even question the coaching staff and philosophy is a joke and unacceptable. This season with the exception on the past games Lipscomb has been one play from winning both of the games with overton and maplewood. So its not like the Stangs have been getting mercy ruled every week. The system is outstanding and is the reason for alot of the success. Since Coach Mac took over in 1984 Lipscomb has had four division one scholaship players: Jonathan Shaub (Vandy) Ethan Flatt (Olemiss) Austin and Zach Rogers (Tennessee) Many others have had careers at d-2 schools or smaller but four division one athletes. Now dont get me wrong you could throw many other great athletes into the mix such as Justin Chunn and Sloan Burton etc. Im not saying that Lipscombs talent level has nothing to do with the success but the superior coaching has always been part of the rich tradition. The program and Lipscomb season is fine the good years are still in the making that Coach Mac worked for and built the right way. In fact mustangs you guys are two plays from being right on track with all other years of mustang football. You must remember that if you look at the past most of the years when Lipscomb lost to Goodpasture they went onto win a state title and most of the years when Lipscomb won against goodpasture they did not win the state championship. Continue to fight mustangs and believe in yourself, your coaches, and your school. ITs not how you start its how you finish. you may have lost a few battles but you can still win the war.

Two years ago four charter buses were taken filled with fans to the memphis mitchell game in memphis along with many other fans in car and on foot. .

Well theres your problem right there! I must have been at the game after the Mitchell game. Those folks walking must not have had enough time to make it back, hence the empty seats. Now this is just a suggestion, but next time you see someone walking the 215 miles to see your boy play in a football game, pull over, tell the wife and liluns to bunch up and give a couple of them a ride. Heck even better yet, take the truck and just let a whole group of them pile in. :bored:

Two years ago four charter buses were taken filled with fans to the memphis mitchell game in memphis along with many other fans in car and on foot. .

Well theres your problem right there! I must have been at the game after the Mitchell game. Those folks walking must not have had enough time to make it back, hence the empty seats. Now this is just a suggestion, but next time you see someone walking the 215 miles to see your boy play in a football game, pull over, tell the wife and liluns to bunch up and give a couple of them a ride. Heck even better yet, take the truck and just let a whole group of them pile in. :roflol:

Ahahahaha you just got owned Gambler :roflol::popcorneater: