DISTRICT 1-AAA (The Big 8)

TommyMan37604

I've heard people say they've tried...to no avail. I don't know the truth behind those statements. Most want something done, they just want someone else to do it. One thing seems certain, he seems to care about the girls personally. Unfortunately, he doesn't care as much about their vision of success on the court. You speak of Mak. She's proof he doesn't care about her future desire to play college ball. How else do you allow her conditioning to be so poor, limiting her success on the court. I agree, girls are different and how you reach and teach them is different. Motivating is way different. But these girls are 16-18 yrs old. They know he don't care, so they don't care much either.

Wins against DB simply show they have the athletes to win a lot of games and he's proven he can't get it done. A few years back with Pickwell and Williams, we were 18-7?? when we should've lost 2 games at best. We lost first round region against a much inferior Mo East?? team. The girls got as far as they could without a coach.

Such is life in the big city.

I only have one thing to say. It takes a village to raise a child and the point is...there is strength in numbers.

The girls need to get fired up prior to the games. The pre-game music for home games should be altered. I suggest the Allman Brothers "Jessica". that would get 'em stoked.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard people say they've tried...to no avail. I don't know the truth behind those statements. Most want something done, they just want someone else to do it. One thing seems certain, he seems to care about the girls personally. Unfortunately, he doesn't care as much about their vision of success on the court. You speak of Mak. She's proof he doesn't care about her future desire to play college ball. How else do you allow her conditioning to be so poor, limiting her success on the court. I agree, girls are different and how you reach and teach them is different. Motivating is way different. But these girls are 16-18 yrs old. They know he don't care, so they don't care much either.

Wins against DB simply show they have the athletes to win a lot of games and he's proven he can't get it done. A few years back with Pickwell and Williams, we were 18-7?? when we should've lost 2 games at best. We lost first round region against a much inferior Mo East?? team. The girls got as far as they could without a coach.

Such is life in the big city.

I only have one thing to say. It takes a village to raise a child and the point is...there is strength in numbers.

The girls need to get fired up prior to the games. The pre-game music for home games should be altered. I suggest the Allman Brothers "Jessica". that would get 'em stoked.

:lol::lol::lol:

Kudos to DB's concession stand for having Jersey Mike's subs at the basketball games. Shame on Central's concessions for having ice cold chili on their hot dogs. When asked about the chili I was told they just took it out of the fridge. It was halftime...duh. They didn't even offer to microwave it when I declared the chili was cold. Meanwhile nobody comes to the South games so after halftime everything is 2 for 1.

You all talk like South is the only team out there without a good coach. Fact is there are several in the Big 8 that could use a fresh face. The only teams that seem to have a coach that wants to win and knows how to win are TH, DB, and SH. They seem to pick a coach because he can coach and not just because thats all they got. The county schools are just that, county. They use what they got and try to make the best of it. Why do you think these kids keep leaving the county and go to the city schools. Have you ever looked around at the roster on the city schools and realized how many of those are really county kids. It is shocking! The county schools are fortunate to have coaches and sometimes you have to make due with what you have. I am sure for the most part all these coaches care about their players and perhaps they don't see the damage they are causing those athletes that want to go on to college. Parents need to look early on if they want their kids to just play ball or do they want that kid to play at the next level. If at the next level you need to pick your school wisely.

You all talk like South is the only team out there without a good coach. Fact is there are several in the Big 8 that could use a fresh face. The only teams that seem to have a coach that wants to win and knows how to win are TH, DB, and SH. They seem to pick a coach because he can coach and not just because thats all they got. The county schools are just that, county. They use what they got and try to make the best of it. Why do you think these kids keep leaving the county and go to the city schools. Have you ever looked around at the roster on the city schools and realized how many of those are really county kids. It is shocking! The county schools are fortunate to have coaches and sometimes you have to make due with what you have. I am sure for the most part all these coaches care about their players and perhaps they don't see the damage they are causing those athletes that want to go on to college. Parents need to look early on if they want their kids to just play ball or do they want that kid to play at the next level. If at the next level you need to pick your school wisely.

Reality Check.

I agree risktaker. THS has at least 8 girls on their rosters (jv and varsity) that are county girls. I speak from experience too. My daughter recently transfered to a city program because they are winners. Coaching plays a hugh role in winning programs! TH, DB and SH play to win. If a county school finishes 15-12....that is successful and the coach still gets paid and nothing ever changes. If TH, DB or the Hill ended up at 15-12...not good...

The big three schools will put the best on the floor regardless of class, they will play in your face pressure defence and anything less...well just have a seat young lady! The coaches know exactly what they have coming up from the feeder schools and will adjust their game plans to fit their stengths.

Lastly, having attended practices at both county and city schools, my daughter was amazed how much more conditioning there was at the city program. She said after the first day's practice at the city school, 'OMG dad, they ran my a** off, but eventually it had to end and besides, they can't eat me.' LOL. For our family, we needed more fire...more intensity...a goal to go to state. It was the best move for us, wished we would have moved sooner. :lol:

I agree with some of what you said and, as parents, everyone has to decide what will give their children the best opportunity to succeed. As for DB, they need a coach as well. They've lost to a non-coached South team 3 times in a row, 2 on their home court and this includes using City/County players. I disagree with your thought that the poor old county schools have to settle for sub par performance from coaches, teachers, admin. It's a job. If the management does their job, they get rid of underperformers. Unfortunately, no one at South is willing to do their job. I promise you I could find a quality replacement in 2 seconds.

Congrats SH. You've played well and deserve your success. Good luck to all teams in the upcoming tournaments.

I agree with some of what you said and, as parents, everyone has to decide what will give their children the best opportunity to succeed. As for DB, they need a coach as well. They've lost to a non-coached South team 3 times in a row, 2 on their home court and this includes using City/County players. I disagree with your thought that the poor old county schools have to settle for sub par performance from coaches, teachers, admin. It's a job. If the management does their job, they get rid of underperformers. Unfortunately, no one at South is willing to do their job. I promise you I could find a quality replacement in 2 seconds.

Congrats SH. You've played well and deserve your success. Good luck to all teams in the upcoming tournaments.

Her bags are packed! :thumb:

You all act like this Jessica person will fix all your problems. Maybe some of the players are burned out. From what i have heard your JV team did a good job this year, so things should be looking up. You all need to build up your program instead of coming on here and trying to tear it down. Now on to better things, where did everyone end up in the league?

1. SH 2. DB 3. TH 4. Central 5? 6? 7? 8. Crockett