Marshall vs. Lewis

Stat_pack1

Updated stats; #1 HB has 105 carries (34.20%) for 494 yds, #2 Back (FB) 97 carries (31.60%) for 515 yards, #3 HB position (2 players) has 89 carries for 368 yards 28.99%. The positions have averaged 15, 13.9 and 12.7 carries per game for the year. If they spread it around anymore then that I would have a carry or two. 3 different players have led the team in rushing attempts this year. As the year comes to an end I believe that the FB will end up with more carries than the rest. I do agree on one thing we are not getting much blocking out of our backs.

Back 1 - 103/416....4.03 avg. from line of scrimmage.....2@70 fake punts

Back 2 - 51/251....4.92 avg.

Back 3 - 38/117....3.07 avg.

FullBack - 97/516..5.31 avg.

My point earlier was to spread it around more than what they were doing. Looking back over Lewis stats......when he got so many more carries..usually a lost (ie: 23/130 while the other backs combined 8, not counting the fullback with 14...so add them all up still didn't match)......when it was spread around more.....they won. I didn't combine the two backs to make it look more than what it is. Looking at Lewis schedule....next week better have everyone involved.....very tough game. I still don't know how you could make such a statement about.....being the best by far, maybe one of the athletes, but not the best. This year Lewis will have to play as a team, and no one individual. Backs have to block with meaning.......I seen on a game film of Lewis, you had only one back that really put out an effort on that. If they can get ALL the backs blocking.....they could bust a few good runs. The D is looking better all the time, and improving...have to give it to lewis for that......offense stinks this year but the D has been showing up every game.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated stats; #1 HB has 105 carries (34.20%) for 494 yds, #2 Back (FB) 97 carries (31.60%) for 515 yards, #3 HB position (2 players) has 89 carries for 368 yards 28.99%. The positions have averaged 15, 13.9 and 12.7 carries per game for the year. If they spread it around anymore then that I would have a carry or two. 3 different players have led the team in rushing attempts this year. As the year comes to an end I believe that the FB will end up with more carries than the rest. I do agree on one thing we are not getting much blocking out of our backs.

DDaddy if your numbers are correct, but do a game by game breakdown. Maybe it will prove your point or his. But one thing is for sure the blocking needs to improve, not just the backs but everyone else.

DDaddy if your numbers are correct, but do a game by game breakdown. Maybe it will prove your point or his. But one thing is for sure the blocking needs to improve, not just the backs but everyone else.

I'm not trying prove or make a point. I'm saying that Lewis just needed to spread it around more and not rely on one main person, rather he is or isn't the best ..give other D's more to look at or consider. I would think that would apply to not just Lewis but many other teams. Unless you have a A. Peterson, or B. Sanders......a truely take over kind of player, spread it around! :roflolk:

This is the first time i have posted all year and its because of stats. Lewis county has went back to their one back all the time routine. Three years ago it was Chris hatton Chris hatton then ryan greve. Dont get me wrong they were both good backs but look at last years team. They had four guys over 600 yards i believe and two over 900 which were jake tenison and kane crowell. They could have give it to any one of them and they blocked for one another because they had enough hustle and respect. This years team consists of i want the rock and if i dont get it im not gonna do nothin. Justin sparkman is the worst one on the team. he is the laziest back i beleive i have ever seen when he doesnt get the ball. I havent got to watch them practice but i am gonna say he dont work hard like the other kids. Nathan couch is a kid that should get more reconition for what he does. i played with him and he was one the hardest working kids on the team. if they dont want to be remembered as one of the worst teams lewis county has ever had they better learn how to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep talkin crap owoca or what ever your name is. your one of them guys that wished he could have played football but really where your from your known as the guy that got the players their water. I remember seein you actually the players made you their BIT**. You aint from alcoa your wanna be that wishes he was from there. your probably from waverly or somethin. Check the scores of how bad we beat that butt last yr.