Marshall vs. Lewis

Stat_pack1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrads to Lewis, especially winning your homecomng game. Heard you have a few banged up again......sorry to hear. You guys have lost to many already, and some that you have starting heard they are playing injured. Maybe you week off will give some time to heal up......tough one ahead, going to need all you can get.

Once again congrads and good luck. :roflolk:

Lewis just needs to get their offense going.......Spread it around more. So predictiable. One back with almost 100 carries.....while other half backs...30-40. Not hard to figure out. Receiving......3 all the catches but I think 3 that I seen in stats. Just be more balanced.......and the playing calling quit being so easy to figure.

I respectfully correct your inaccurate stats and believe that the true stats show that we are spreading it around. We have 1 back (our best by far) who has carried the ball 36% of the time and another who has 29% of the carries and the other halfback position (2 backs) have 30% of the carries. The percentage of rushing yards for those same three backs or positions are 39% (452 yds), 33% (377 yds)and 25% (295 yds)of the total rushing yardage for the year. We have averaged 9 pass attempts per game and only completed 31.37% of those attempts which might explain why we are not throwing the ball more. Mikal has caught most of those completions and when he is on is the only true receiver that we have. I love Couch and consider him to be one of our best all around players, but he catches like his hands are on backwards. With this in mind it appears that we are firing all the guns that we have on a fairly equal rotation.

Here are stats I got from Lewis.

Back 1 93 carries/ 444 yds 4.77ypc approx. 70 yds. from fake punts. So from line of scrimmage......91 carries for 374 and a avg. 4.1

Back 2 40 carries/ 176 yds. 4.4

Back 3 37 carries/ 119 yds 3.2

Fullback 74 carries/ 378 yds. 5,1

As you can see...back 1 has the majority. What my point is.......spread it around more. As I seen in the stats last game.....one back 4 carries, the other 2 and the other 16.....Not balanced. As far as he being the best back "by far" remains to be seen. The others haven't gotten the chances.....so you will never know. By far the favorite to go to maybe......being being the best, can't fairly judge the others. When I seen the film......blocking by some backs was awful......more of an excuse me block not locking up and driving them out of the play. Just to clarify......I meant backs......not fullback. He is a beast......can't do anything but get better the next few years. I can't speak about the young mans hands, haven't seen him play.

Great post and made your point. I understand they did spread it around more this past friday and got great results......Good for Lewis...They need to get "ALL" backs involved...Don't know what the "Best by far" is based on. I would say though that with more balance they would have better results. The numbers don't lie.......one can't carry it.....proof in offensive output. Good luck the rest of the way.

Updated stats; #1 HB has 105 carries (34.20%) for 494 yds, #2 Back (FB) 97 carries (31.60%) for 515 yards, #3 HB position (2 players) has 89 carries for 368 yards 28.99%. The positions have averaged 15, 13.9 and 12.7 carries per game for the year. If they spread it around anymore then that I would have a carry or two. 3 different players have led the team in rushing attempts this year. As the year comes to an end I believe that the FB will end up with more carries than the rest. I do agree on one thing we are not getting much blocking out of our backs.

Mikal has caught most of those completions and when he is on is the only true receiver that we have.

Not completely true they another that from what I've seen is a little faster and may have better hands. But, for some reason this coaching staff only wants to play the starters and not give anyone else a shot to prove theirselves or even playing time to rest the starters from time to time.