Stone Memorial @ Cumberland Co.

Jet Pride

We're the best in the COUNTY this year. What is wrong with this? Personally, I wish that they would stop playing this game. BOTH teams are pathetic, and when they are put on the same field it shows miserably. It showed this year and last year. Outside of this county we're laughed at. People outside of the county refer to this game as the BIGGEST LOSER Bowl. Stone got the crown this year and they deserve it. What is sad, however, is that you could play this game ten times and it would probably be a 5-5 split. Maybe that is what we ought to do. Play each other 11 times a year and keep it in the county. At least that would guarantee a Cumberland County team having a winning season!!!

I think its funny Stone fans acted just like how us Jets Fan are the last few years and now they lost a game in there series now they get mad and wishing they wouldnt play. GIVE ME A BREAK :thumb:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Cumberland Countian who does his gosh-darn best to root for the KIDS at both schools when not playing each another, I find it so disheartening to see some of the down right spite-fullness and such that goes on across the county (MOSTLY fueled by "expert" parents or self-serving-pompous, ignorant coaches)...

Any time I talk with a kid who says, "I hate that old school" or "I hate the new school"... I ask them "why?"... They usually have no valid reason to say these things, and I tell them that the schools are in Different districts, classifications and both have some success at other sports and games besides the three big sports and the CCHS-SMHS meetings... Yet you will hear them be spiteful after losing their rivalry game. And yes it is the game, or match-up, that each school wants to win the most, that is what makes it a true rivalry... It is just a very young rivalry right now...

Example: SMHS has shown dominance in most all athletic events since the split... I think the head-to-head records speak for themselves... CCHS faithful have sat idly or quietly by and allowed Stone their time to shine and to be proclaimed "Kings or Queens of the Plateau" and allowed their "bragging rights," as they should be allowed, they won the games... But our own Sports editor has made a couple or maybe several apologies because of articles written about games, since the split, where there is a Winner and a Loser in every event... also with these games come the "bragging rights" for the year or till they meet again... That sports editor should never apologize for his headlines or articles, he has "Freedom of Speech" and Freedom of Press"... if you don't like what he says, don't buy that paper... Yet someone's feelings get hurt when one side is proclaimed "King or Queen" SO WHAT... it happens, we get better from it or not... that is COMPETITION...

To say that "They beat us, but we have had a way better year or season may be somewhat accurate," but is not a good comparison as CCHS plays larger schools (AAA classification), than SMHS (AA classification)... If both were in same districts and classifications, one could compare success of seasons... but that is not the case... Let's root for each other... is it that hard to do???

All we have is the game, the Rivalry game... and anyone who knows sports, knows there are "ups and downs" in Head-to-Head series... To keep this a healthy Rivalry, we must stop with the spite, envy, jealousy, and suck it up... and say "we'll get "em next year" :roll: