GP vs Fulton

reverse

2nd time this year that Fulton holds a team to under 90 yards total offense and get beat ... i couldnt believe they lost the last one against AE and I cant believe they lost this one to GP ... too many missed opportunities in the 1st 3 qtrs ... Falcons gave GP the first 7 points on a INT on a ball that slipped out of QB's hand but GP crossed the 50 yard line only once on offense and that was on their last drive in 4th qtr ... I think GP lokked more energized by the fact they were still in game after Fulton missed so mnay chances to salt the game away. It also looked like Falcons got tired on the wet field cause of so many players going both ways .. 4th qtrs the Falcons are sucking air ... its hard for Winters to play QB and LB, with at least 8 players going both ways they are worn out ... had so many injuries that it has been necessary .. hopefully they can build so depth or get some injured guys back cause come playoff's its gonna hurt. GP made some great 3rd down conversions on last drive and Falcons didnt help themselves at all with penalties on crucial 3rd downs .. pass interfernece was very questionable from where I was standing but who knows the number 2 for Fulton has had alot of penalties this year at bad times .... didnt see the block that was called a penalty on the play where Fulton scored to go ahead so cant comment on that one. Maybe Falcons can learn a lesson and not let a less talented team stay in game.

Fulton always has players going both ways... maybe not eight, but there are always a handful of them.

2008: Jamichael Williams, Courtland Styles, Micah Pitchford, Quintest Vinson, Demetrius Thomas, and some linement that I can't name.

2007: Bubble Stokes, Terrence Cobb, Vic Smith, Kenneth Tyson, Derrick Humphrey, Gary Gamble.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulton always has players going both ways... maybe not eight, but there are always a handful of them.

2008: Jamichael Williams, Courtland Styles, Micah Pitchford, Quintest Vinson, Demetrius Thomas, and some linement that I can't name.

2007: Bubble Stokes, Terrence Cobb, Vic Smith, Kenneth Tyson, Derrick Humphrey, Gary Gamble.

Hey ColumbiaBlue&Scarlet,

I agree with ya on 2007 those 5 played alot both ways but will have to disagree on 2008 .. Pitchford,Vinson and Dman played very little both ways .. heck Pitch doesnt even play both ways this year ... in the lines and LB's are where they play both now ... Cason OL/DL, Vinson DL/TE, Gray DL/OL, Goliday DE/FB , Cotner LB/RB, Winters QB/LB, Dman RB/LB, Barfield WR/S, Allen WR/CB, BRidges WR/CB .. getting D Williams , J Brown , O johnson and B Jackson hurt for the year really hurt the depth ... and when you are playing on a wet damp field your feet get heavy and you slow down and it gets harder to run ... and you get tired easier .. just my opinion ... all I was saying is that GP looked like they had more energy in 4th qtr and Falcons need to get a couple of the walking wounded better in time for playoffs or we will see some of the same things happen in 4th qtr where they run out of gas.

AND oh yea ..if GP doesnt water down the field on ya then AE should win by about 28 points ... Fulton just didnt capitalize on the opportunities .. but dont give GP any points because they cant drive the ball on you consistently unless they convert 4 or 5 3rd downs and get a couple questionable penalties in their favor .. AE should win by a bunch !!

Hey ColumbiaBlue&Scarlet,

I agree with ya on 2007 those 5 played alot both ways but will have to disagree on 2008 .. Pitchford,Vinson and Dman played very little both ways .. heck Pitch doesnt even play both ways this year ... in the lines and LB's are where they play both now ... Cason OL/DL, Vinson DL/TE, Gray DL/OL, Goliday DE/FB , Cotner LB/RB, Winters QB/LB, Dman RB/LB, Barfield WR/S, Allen WR/CB, BRidges WR/CB .. getting D Williams , J Brown , O johnson and B Jackson hurt for the year really hurt the depth ... and when you are playing on a wet damp field your feet get heavy and you slow down and it gets harder to run ... and you get tired easier .. just my opinion ... all I was saying is that GP looked like they had more energy in 4th qtr and Falcons need to get a couple of the walking wounded better in time for playoffs or we will see some of the same things happen in 4th qtr where they run out of gas.

AND oh yea ..if GP doesnt water down the field on ya then AE should win by about 28 points ... Fulton just didnt capitalize on the opportunities .. but dont give GP any points because they cant drive the ball on you consistently unless they convert 4 or 5 3rd downs and get a couple questionable penalties in their favor .. AE should win by a bunch !!

You think GP doesn't have players that go both ways? Good teams capitalize on their opportunites. Last time I checked GP played on the same wet field and QB had to throw a wet ball too. As far as questionable calls I think that depends on you ask. I'm sure a Fulton fan would say questionable. But don't think you will find a GP fan that will agree. Good game. GP just happened to be the better team that night. Bout time to move on to this weeks games.

P.S. Just drove by Hammonds field and thought the sprinklers were on. LOL.

You are correct .. the GP QB had to throw the wet ball too and he made about 4 Short passes on the last drive to win ... that was smart by GP coaches to throw short stuff ... when Fulton QB tried to throw long on the pass that was INT the all slipped in hand .. give GP coaches credit for throwing short intermediate passes ... Just my opinion but wet field helped GP more than Fulton with the speed aspect .. and remember GP never crossed the 50 yard line all game until last drive .. I dont think they were better team cause Fulton gave GP one score and had penalties to extend the last drive or game would have been over or would have been over had Fulton took advantage of earlier opportunities ... GP was lucky at best to come out with win .. Fulton did more to loose game than GP did to win .... and your comment about the sprinklers ... well lets just say its happened before ... I have a good friend that was at gamw with me that his son played there at GP in early 2000's and he used to laugh about how Hammonds would do anything for an edge .. including sprinklers cause he used to do some work for the school and had personally seen feild getting watered when in noway was it needed ... so I do know its happened before. Get ready AE for the slop bowl !!!!