Early Bird November 7th at Blackman HS

Sommers

BIG UPDATE...

In light of many concerns around us and after much discussion regarding the economy, Blackman will now open the HS division of the Early Bird to every participate FREE OF CHARGE!!!!

We want this to be a big kick off to a great season and offer a little orientation for many wrestlers to come within 25 minutes of where many will finish... The State Championship.

There will not be an official weigh in before this afternoon competition ...therefore all wrestlers will be on an honor code declaring their weight and participate in exhibition style round robins.

This is a great way to knock some rust off... or get your feet wet. Weight Certification is available during this event and wrestlers have the option to end their day with any challenge they wish to put together, within a reasonable weight range; i.e., a couple of weight classes.

Send further inquiries to adsom@bellsouth.net

Contact Hamm yaboyhamm@yahoo.com or myself - Soms adsomm@bellsouth.net

We are keeping things simple being so early in the season.

times of periods will likely be 1-1-1 and we will pair up pools and by each coach/wrestler's suggestion, i.e., advanced (state qualifier or 3 years+ experience), intermediate, beginner.

There will also be elementary and middle school competition in the AM. we will have up to six mats running with an experienced tournament team running the event which usually ends earlier than projected. i.e., typically if projections are 9-6 we start and end more like 8:50-5. It runs smooth. exhibition matches will be allowed like a 125 Turbo Smith vs. a 132 Matt Seamen or a 200 Michael Kennedy vs a 215 Camoran Croy.

• 2 weeks later...

BIG BIG UPDATE!

:roflol:

In light of many concerns around us and after much discussion regarding the economy, Blackman will now open the HS division of the Early Bird to every participate FREE OF CHARGE!!!!

We want this to be a big kick off to a great season and offer a little orientation for many wrestlers to come within 25 minutes of where many will finish... The State Championship.

There will not be an official weigh in before this afternoon competition ...therefore all wrestlers will be on an honor code declaring their weight and participate in exhibition style round robins.

This is a great way to knock some rust off... or get your feet wet. Weight Certification is available during this event and wrestlers have the option to end their day with any challenge they wish to put together, within a reasonable weight range; i.e., a couple of weight classes.

Send further inquiries to adsom@bellsouth.net

Hamm is not sure what time yet. emails will work. I know you can send those as you have randomly demonstrated over time.

HS WRESTLING WILL BEGIN IN THE PM AFTER THE YOUNG'S ARE WINDING DOWN.

Right now there are HS wrestlers coming from the East and even West TN, KY and all around Middle TN. Should be a fun and rewarding scrimmage.

So what happened? We were looking forward to getting our little guys some mat time.

In a nutshell, The principals at Blackman doublebooked the High School and they are having a Cross Country Invite for their team shutting down the roads to the school for hours that morning to accommidate for the 5k course around the school and surrounding area. I know Bill Kennedy booked it first but its just another backseat for our wrestlers.

This is what I was told by the REFS.....