Harpeth @ Jo Byrns

MOTO24

Oh no. I didn't think there were any cheap shots. I was just asking how he could be laying in the end zone and the 2 point conversion not be good. I was in the booth keeping stats and from above it looked like he broke the plane easily.

if your talking about when harpath tried for the 2 point try in the south endzone that's where i watch the game's and he never got past the 1 yard line

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no. I didn't think there were any cheap shots. I was just asking how he could be laying in the end zone and the 2 point conversion not be good. I was in the booth keeping stats and from above it looked like he broke the plane easily.

if your talking about when harpath tried for the 2 point try in the south endzone that's where i watch the game's and he never got past the 1 yard line

He may have gotten within 2ft at best..Was the kid running the ball the same kids laying in the end zone? I didn't think it was? When I get the game tape I will look at that play.

Yep, it was #22. I watched the game tape last night. His knee might have drug down before he got to the end zone, but it still looked like (from an admittedly bad camera angle) that the football had to break the plane. I just thought it odd that he's laying hurt in the endzone where he landed with the football and didn't make it in. The ref was right there. I hope he got it right.

No time going off the clock on the spiked ball was just a fouled up deal. While there is plenty of time to make up and lose time in the course of a game, when it's snapped and spiked you have to run some time off the clock. It makes you look bad when you don't. Snap, receive snap, spike takes more than 0.0 seconds to perform. The ref was right there. He saw the snap, saw the spike. Even if you don't get it on human reaction time, there's typically an acceptable estimate of time that should be taken off the clock.

Not making the correct call on the first one makes you suspect on the second one I guess is where I'm going with this. And the spiked ball is correctable after the fact. It's not even a judgement call.

Harpeth brought it to Jo Byrns Friday Night. I gotta tip my hat to them. Totally different team that we played earlier in the year. A #1 ranking is detriment to a team IMO. It messes up the kids heads and helps motivate your opponent to beat you.

A bunch of those guys didn't play in the spring game for various reasons. It was a totally different team! :roflol:

At least 6 or 7 were in post season rugby where they won state. A few were right out of baseball, wrestling or track and weren't in football shape. You can't draw too many conclusions about Harpeth based on Spring ball.

Yep, it was #22. I watched the game tape last night. His knee might have drug down before he got to the end zone, but it still looked like (from an admittedly bad camera angle) that the football had to break the plane. I just thought it odd that he's laying hurt in the endzone where he landed with the football and didn't make it in. The ref was right there. I hope he got it right.

No time going off the clock on the spiked ball was just a fouled up deal. While there is plenty of time to make up and lose time in the course of a game, when it's snapped and spiked you have to run some time off the clock. It makes you look bad when you don't. Snap, receive snap, spike takes more than 0.0 seconds to perform. The ref was right there. He saw the snap, saw the spike. Even if you don't get it on human reaction time, there's typically an acceptable estimate of time that should be taken off the clock.

Not making the correct call on the first one makes you suspect on the second one I guess is where I'm going with this. And the spiked ball is correctable after the fact. It's not even a judgement call.

sounds like we may be choking on a nat hair will swallowing a camel :roflol::roflol:

sounds like we may be choking on a nat hair will swallowing a camel :angry:;)

How so? 2 points right there makes it 15-8 and the call to go for 2 on Jo Byrns last TD is a lot tougher decision. The spiked ball gave Jo Byrns a shot with .2 seconds before the half that they never should have had. It's a moot point that they didn't score. The play never should have happened. That 'no call' makes one suspect on the next close call.

But you're right, our WR catches a routine pass in the end zone and Harpeth wins. No sour grapes. It was a well played game. The officiating wasn't up to snuff however.

you know ksgovols neither of the 2 infractions that you have mentioned. would have little to no impact to the outcome of the game as it was so best put it like this both teams fought hard all night was a very well played game andvery well coached game from both teams no hard feelings it is what it is and trust me when i tell u this we have had our fair share of suspect calls by officials we are aware that they make mistakes they are human uknow an it is high school ball with no instant replay booth :thumb:

Fine, I get it. Even without the rolling eyes. I exposed myself for having sour grapes. That's not the case. It was a well played game considering the conditions, very few penalties and lot's of clean hits. I thought Harpeth could have been called for a late hit on the sideline in the second half fwiw.

A suspect call, however, is a judgement call that might not go in your favor. Like the 2 point conversion attempt. Not starting the clock and then not recognizing that you didn't start the clock is inexcusable.

Harpeth is a middle of the road 3A football team. Jo Byrns is a very good 1A football team. It made for a good game. I'm not making excuses, just wondering out loud about some calls. Mainly to see if others saw what I saw.