TCA vs. Riverside

Stockerd

If 7 teams from the west make the show and Riverside is shipped out, expect to see a Westwood at Douglass first round matchup in the 3/6 first round game. That would set up a Humboldt and TCA matchup in the 4/5 game. It's a toss up who would get the higher seed there.

Reitz, if this happens the seeds get changed to avoid first round games with a same district opponent ie douglas v westwood.

The seeds would probably look like this

1 Adamsville

2 Mckenzie

3 Humboldt-home

4 Douglas

5 TCA-home

6 Westwood

I wish it were easy to figure all of this stuff out.

You are absolutely correct. I should not have let that error slip by. I guess I am getting slap happy looking at all of the possibilities.

Douglas is entitled to the 3 seed as the champion out of 16A. Switching them downward is the logical thing to do. Under your seeding scenario, Douglas would be entitled to host a first round game, not TCA.........unfortunately.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe I misunderstood then. I thought when I watched it that it said that if the team in District 16 did not finish first, then they had to get in on a wildcard. TSSAA hear this... there is no way that Douglas should get in by just winning against a weak MAHS team. There will plenty of more deserving teams and a team should not be able to win one game and get in. Well, lets hope even more for TCA win as both of these teams probably get in if this happens.

Unfortunately, Westwood gets playoff eligilble by beating MAHS. The only way that Westwood is playoff eligible and does not make the show is if there are more eligible teams than there are spots available. That is mathamaticly possible. I believe they would be one of the ones being dropped out. Unfortunatly, that would also mean that no wild card teams make it according to the video.

[

I west wood wins over MAHS they finish #2 in their district which according to the TSSAA website puts them in as an automatic qualifier. Yes they seed all of the #1's and then the #2' and so on. The only changes at that point would to keep from having 2 teams from the same district playing a first round game against each other. If TCA wins against riverside then Dresden will be a wildcard and that would push the panthers to te east

I do believe that Riverside would still have the advantage over Dresden in a wild card race. For Dresden to get in, I believe that MAHS would have to beat Westwood, AND Marion County has to drop 2 of last 3. If Riverside were to drop 2 of last 3, that would help too.

Things will be clearer after this weeks games. My head is hurting trying to figure it all out! LOL

Riverside Has 5 Wins And 2 Losses. The Only Opponent That They Have Beaten With Any Wins At All Is Waverly. TCA IMO Will Run Away With This Game And Make The Playoffs. :cry:

Thats wrong the teams Riverside has beat

Perry Co. has 5 wins

Waverly has 2 wins

Loretto has 0 wins

Scotts Hill has 2 wins

Dresden has 4 wins

However, Riverside will face a very tough team in TCA friday and everyone knows how important it is. Yes, Coach Maxwell will help Riverside out but Riverside will have to come to play as well. TCA will go as Jabriel Washington goes if Riverside is able to stop him then it will help their chances.

Good luck to both teams but I believe that Riverside has the will to win this game. Riverside in a close one

Five Wins In A Row Over Sub-Performing Teams? I Feel T.C.A. Warms Up The Drums On Riverside! :roflol:

Thanks, Butchie for the vote. Cardfan from Adamsville left us out of his playoff brackets, in favor of Riverside. TCA will be ready for Riverside, and I predict will be in the playoffs.

TCAMOM,

I did not leave you out for any reason other than at this moment they are lsited higher than you. If you follow some of my other posts you will see that I have said this game has huge implications and whoever wins will be in. Looking at things right now though you guys are out of the playoffs. After this week with a win you are back in. No disrespect was intended for you guys. The more teams from 15-a that make it the better we all look.

Cardfan, that makes sense. I am just irritated, and you got the brunt of it. Your posts are fair, and thought out. Overlook my peevishness. Hope to play you again this season.

tcamom,

no problem, but if it is all the same then I would rather not see Jabriel and the lions again anytime soon. If we do we strap it up and play hard and let the cards fall where they may, but if choice is ours we skip TCA.

Goodluck to both teams this week. Hope you both make it through injury free.

Well I Stand Corrected Crazy Cowbow... Guess i Didn't Look Back Far Enough. But When You Go To Schedules And Click Them They Didn't Show The Past History Far Enough. Sorry I Didn't Research Further. I Looked And Seen A Bunch Of Losses And Waverly With The Only Wins. Didn't Feel Necessary To Look Back Further When The Teams Showed The Last Few Games As Losses. :roll: Maybe I Shoulda Said With Any Wins At All To Speak Of Woulda Been A Better Analogy? :D

It's less than 24 hours to kick-off. A Riverside win puts them in the show with an automatic bid. TCA controls its own destiny as far as the playoffs go at this point. Wins over Riverside and Scotts Hill during week 10 put them in the show with an automatic bid. Clearly, this game has much riding on it.

Let's take a look at the numbers........

Riverside's opponants to date have an overall record of 25-27. The teams that Riverside has beaten have a combined record of 13-24. The teams that have beaten Riverside have a combined record of 12-3.

The overall record of the opponants that have played TCA is 35-16 The teams that TCA has beaten have a combined record of 9-12. The teams that have beaten TCA have an outstanding combined record of 26-4 to date!

To date, TCA has played 6 teams that either will or are currently projected to make the playoffs. Riverside has played 3.

Riverside's offense is averaging 317 yards per game. TCA is averaging 309. Riverside rushes for 291 and passes for only 26 yards per game. TCA rushes for 153 and passes for 156 per game.

In the kicking game, TCA is 18-21 on PAT's and they are 5-9 in the field goal department. Riverside is only 6-19 on PAT's. They have not kicked a field goal this season and are 7-13 on 2pt conversions.

TCA features a very balanced offensive attack. The rushing and passing numbers are almost identical. Riverside is clearly going to try to run and then run some more.

TCA has one receiver (Hanson) who had more yards receiving in one game (210 against Manassas) than Riverside has thrown for the entire season (185 yards).

Riverside's top two rushers have churned out a combined 1661 yards of offense and scored 19 TD's. TCA's top two rushers have combined for 927 yards and 11 scores.

This will be the stiffest test for Riverside since they lost to Adamsville in week 2. They have also only played one opponant who is state ranked. TCA has played 3 state ranked opponants in a row and have played 4 overall. It should be against 5 overall but the pollsters are not showing Manassas any respect in the polls.

If you can't make it to this game, it will be broadcast on WIGH 88.7 FM in Jackson and most of West Tennessee. It will also be available via the web at http://www.wigh.afr.net.