Rhea County vs. Cleveland

EaglePride1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah... gameday of the biggest game of the year. No matter what the rest of the season holds, a win against Cleveland keeps this season from being a total loss. Any true Rhea County fan has a love/hate relationship with Cleveland. By that I mean we love to hate them.

Cooler conditions tonight. The Back Valley Boys come out fired up, ready for a battle with the Raiders. Rhea by 6.

In other words, this new system is stupid. I think the TSSAA has really screwed this one up.

Pride,

for once... I agree with you... system is a little crazy

but I have one 'for sure' for you when it comes to the playoff system.......

Rhea Co Eagles are not going :thumb:

I dont like the new playoff system, or the mixed districts. Just seems odd. And I dont like the fact that the Lady Raider Volleyball team has to travel to Cookeville for a "region" semifinal game. IF my Raiders can get into the playoffs with a 3-7 or 4-6 record, i would only be pleased if we could win a couple of playoff games, thats the only way to save this season, or beat #1 Ooltewah.

Rhea County knows this. No playoffs this year, disappointing. but tonight we can still have a bright spot on our season, with a win over Cleveland! :roflol:

too bad you are not playing wilson central :lol:

Think of it as you will or call it what you want. Rhea County will win tonight. :lol:

You do know that Rhea County lost to the worst two teams in Bradley County history, don't you? :o

This one really hurt. I wanted to see this senior class get the win tonight. But just to many mistake and bad officals gave the game away. I got to say though That was a big game for Des tonight 24 carries for 155 yards and the good thing is he only going to get better. Also very good game by O-line tonight.

Cleveland had three players on that team - the quarterback, #1 and #3. Why the coaches did not cover those boys up defensively is beyond my comprehension. And with a quarterback like that, you can not play a defense that is designed to bend, you have to play them up close and put max pressure on the QB. Stupidity lost that game.

I don't know if we've got a player on defense who could wrap up and drive #1 to the ground one on one. We just kind of looked like a JV team bouncing off of their players. The Statue of Liberty wasn't a bad call, but the 3 leading up to it sure were. We should have never been in a fourth and long position. We played too close to the vest all night long. On defense, I think eagle fan pretty much summed it up. We all know Fitzgerald's no Dick LeBeau or Monte Kiffin, but tonight was pretty bad. This was the worst coaching job of the season.

I don't know if we've got a player on defense who could wrap up and drive #1 to the ground one on one. We just kind of looked like a JV team bouncing off of their players. The Statue of Liberty wasn't a bad call, but the 3 leading up to it sure were. We should have never been in a fourth and long position. We played too close to the vest all night long. On defense, I think eagle fan pretty much summed it up. We all know Fitzgerald's no Dick LeBeau or Monte Kiffin, but tonight was pretty bad. This was the worst coaching job of the season.

I knew you guys would go there!!