PAGE vs FAIRVIEW

PistPatriot

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well....no history buffs that can give us the records of this series....I guess.

I am changing my prediction from 19-7 to 20-7.....Page probably can't kick extra points.

Barring big plays and too many penalties, I look for Page to come out on top in this esp at home.

We have had over 150 yds penalties during the last two times we have played fairview and a haf dozen turovers.....please be disciplined tonight guys and get it done. Defense can set the tone and this time play hard the first half against this team.

Page puts game away in the 4th qtr.

Don't forget to throw the ball into those gaps over the LB's

Hey Bulldog, Page did win 28 - 18. I do not have a box score but I know the game started with back to back kick returns for touchdowns. I read your post about page versus fairview history and felt the need to respond. I did not follow FvHS football very closely until Coach Rewis came in as the coach. I know that he and every coach since would not condone cheap shots against opposing players. I have watched the page vs fairview games the past couple of years, all I saw was hard hitting football by both teams. You mentioned us sending Gates over to your school, I am not familiar with him but I am aware that Coach Lee came over there for a couple of years. Was he a good coach for Page?

Congratulations on your victory.

You are correct about recent history and the games being well played.

Lee is still at Page....Gates killed the Page o line literally in numbers for three years at least I think....he went to Independence where they ended up giving him a headset to stand on the sidelines with no direct connection...he never figured out why no one responded to his questions during games. I think he is still there. Lee and Gates helped FV to a miserable record. they were good guys but a tough fit for them.

Meanwhile, I am not surprised at the closeness of the game....I am surprised that Fairview scored 18 and we held GC to 16. Before I get more details I will go back to one of my earlier posts about Page coming out slow and the possibility of big plays and penalties

I guess my biggest question is how can Fairview let GC score 46 in a half and give Page such a good game.....and Page has played GC as tough as anyone.

fairview opened up with a reverse return for a TD and it caught page off guard. Page responded with a return the very next play. For the first half, page had poor play at the QB position. #4 is generally a decent qb but he made some really bad decisions/throws tonight....anyway..he got hurt right before throwing an INT on his own 5 yard line (1 of 2) just before the half and never came back into the game. Page ran the wildcat the entire 2nd half and crammed the ball down fairviews throat....i really feel that if Page had not switched to the wildcat, the game would have been much closer. penalties killed page. several long runs were called back. Defense did well. they played alot better than the score showed. I do think fairview greased their Qb up before each offensive series because the Page D made him look like he was covered in Crisco.

If Page is going to make a run in the playoffs, Qb has got to step up and make better decisions.

players of the Game..#36 and #1 running the wildcat. It was very efficient... Those 2, along with the entire D, saved the game.

fairview opened up with a reverse return for a TD and it caught page off guard. Page responded with a return the very next play. For the first half, page had poor play at the QB position. #4 is generally a decent qb but he made some really bad decisions/throws tonight....anyway..he got hurt right before throwing an INT on his own 5 yard line (1 of 2) just before the half and never came back into the game. Page ran the wildcat the entire 2nd half and crammed the ball down fairviews throat....i really feel that if Page had not switched to the wildcat, the game would have been much closer. penalties killed page. several long runs were called back. Defense did well. they played alot better than the score showed. I do think fairview greased their Qb up before each offensive series because the Page D made him look like he was covered in Crisco.

If Page is going to make a run in the playoffs, Qb has got to step up and make better decisions.

players of the Game..#36 and #1 running the wildcat. It was very efficient... Those 2, along with the entire D, saved the game.

Watched the replay of the game on Charter. I thought it was a pretty close game really.

With 10 minutes to go Fairview had it 1st down and 10 on Page's 12 yd line, trailing 20-12; but they came away with no points. If F'view could have scored there and made the two..........who knows.

Nice job by Page's defense for stepping up right there. :D

I also watched the replay.....and boy....that coaching staff at Page....what an adjustment with the QB out..(let's give credit when it is due). Hope the QB is not seriously hurt. Did NOT notice those stellar LB's from Fairview......

Never thought I would see Page run the ball completely at will and not complete a pass.

I don't know what it is.....but penalties have stalled us against Fairview the last three years. Guys you will have to be more disciplined if you are going to go anywhere. Those penalties against the likes of Spring Hill spell a big "L".

Defense was awesome except for weird missed tackles.

Running attack with two RB's over 100 yds and another near miss.

Buckle down and get serious the next two weeks against those 4a aschools.