WHICH 1A PLAYER DOES THE MOST FOR HIS TEAM?

Dabeztndabiznez

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

couldnt be funnier than the sp mckenzie match up. o im sorry, did i really call that a matchup :lol::thumb:

It Wasn't Really A Match-Up. Man They Was A Buzz Saw, Let Me Tell ya. But Didn't We Beat Ya'll On Our Way To That Game That Season? And The Year Before? Oh And Last Year As Well? Those Wasn't A Match-Up Either We're They? :lol:

Awe Snap! You Went And Done It Now Duck. Ole Horse Breath Will Be On Ya Now. :thumb:

Popcorn anyone????

Time will tell that it is what I am saying. Holder is good. I won't deny that. But, he hasn't faced the best of the best yet with a team that can make it continue to happen. The H-town team that won the state championship behind Terrance Bell had some fine players along with him. Even though Terrance kind of "stunk up" that show with huge yardage totals I engoyed watching it. I also loved watching him his 4 years here at Bethel. But, all that ain't 2009! Speaking of Terrance's years here at Bethel, while he and AD (Adrian Smith) were running backs here at Bethel. Their last two seasons here the 'Cats competed for a national championship and did well. AD was an NAIA All American and personally I thought that Bell played better both years. But, Bethel had a lot more than those two to go with them.

Been a bit different the last two seasons. But, still a lot of local kids from the surrounding area playing for them and all are bright spots in the 'Cat lineup.

Amprobe01, the returns against hampton was just good plays by Herzog, but Hampton always plays the young guys on special teams. He is good but, best in the state is a BIG statement.

Sounds to me like he is doing a pretty good job of it.He is a junior right? Bet next year the youngins wont be on the special teams again.Surely that mistake wont happen two years in a row.

Don't think they were too concerned, it was like a firecracker going off in a war. I have no problem admitting he's a good player, Hampton has more than one kid who has huge numbers and have done alot for the team this season. I'm just not real big on singleing out players, its got to be a team thing. I'll let the media sort all of these awards out at the end of the season. Don't get me wrong ,I think special players deserve special awards.

As far as that goes,our QB won player of the week in the whole area for a huge preformance last week.May be one of the most underrated players around. The little running back has a little over 1100 yards, that pretty darn good. But the rest of the team deserves credit for alot of the things these kids do. I just like our TEAM and would like to see them all get a little credit. I don't think we have the best player in the state in any position. Just some good ole hard working country boys.

Amprobe01, the returns against hampton was just good plays by Herzog, but Hampton always plays the young guys on special teams. He is good but, best in the state is a BIG statement.

Sounds to me like he is doing a pretty good job of it.He is a junior right? Bet next year the youngins wont be on the special teams again.Surely that mistake wont happen two years in a row.

Don't think they were too concerned, it was like a firecracker going off in a war. I have no problem admitting he's a good player, Hampton has more than one kid who has huge numbers and have done alot for the team this season. I'm just not real big on singleing out players, its got to be a team thing. I'll let the media sort all of these awards out at the end of the season. Don't get me wrong ,I think special players deserve special awards.

As far as that goes,our QB won player of the week in the whole area for a huge preformance last week.May be one of the most underrated players around. The little running back has a little over 1100 yards, that pretty darn good. But the rest of the team deserves credit for alot of the things these kids do. I just like our TEAM and would like to see them all get a little credit. I don't think we have the best player in the state in any position. Just some good ole hard working country boys.

I agree with you Pujo. One man doesn't make a team. I have seen alot of young men want to be the superstar, and end up hurting the team instead of helping it. That type of attitude usually causes resentment from the other players. With this going on, there is no way you can have a playoff ready team. When a team has 11 men that do their jobs on every play, you can see something special. When a team has a running back with over 1100 yards rushing, and a Qb with 21 TDs, they sure didnt do that alone. It was the other 10 men on the field, and their teamates on the sidelines, and a great coach putting them in the right position to succeed. I think Hampton is starting to understand this, and if they go to war together they will do well the rest of the season. Dont play for yourself men play for your TEAM.

you're TEAM that consists of a FB from Unaka , a QB from Elizebethton , who knows how many kids that should be at Cloudland , a few more from Avery co . N.C. , Mike has been the best recruiter in that area for some time now.

Look pugo Herzog has the stats to make you think he does the most for his team,as I believe this thread is called.If ya don't like to single out players take your vast knowledge of stats and go to another thread,like lets talk about how nobody from anywhere but Hampton should be mentioned.Otherwise read the thread put in your opinion and be happy.See the firecracker thing your back on it again does it make you that mad that someone from cosby makes the big bad bulldogs look like pee wee's.Even your comment about playing the littleones,evrybody knows better Mike doesn't coach like that,But you tell it how you want.Dawgbacker get your nose out of pugos butt read the header at the top of the page MOST FOR HIS TEAM that is the thread.Make a post and by the way prob both sides im sure.So squash your qb comment

Oldeagle, the kid from Unaka come to Hampton because he didn't like Unaka, Mike didn't even know the kid existed, The QB was at Hampton long before he ever went to Elizabethton, The truth of the matter is ,we lost his brother to Eluzabethton, he was a good one. As far as Iknow ,Hampton don't have any kids from Avery or Cloudland. But Ireally believe you are on to something, People in this area believes in Mike and their sucess may bring kids from several of the nearby schools. He won't have to recruit them ,they will won't to go where they think they will have the best chance of success. If the rules were not what they are,you would see alot more transfers everywhere.That sitting out a year or having to move throws a kink in things. As a matter of fact ,one of the Cloudland kids father called Hampton a couple of weeks ago. He is a soph ,so for him to be eligable ,he either has to move or sit out his Jr year. Not very good options in his case.This transfer thing is not quite as easy as some might think. But Mike or any Coach in Tennessee would gladly welcome good players from anywhere.

Wonder how many you guys have got from Cocke co over the last several years, I can name a few and I'm sure I don't know all of them.

Look pugo Herzog has the stats to make you think he does the most for his team,as I believe this thread is called.If ya don't like to single out players take your vast knowledge of stats and go to another thread,like lets talk about how nobody from anywhere but Hampton should be mentioned.Otherwise read the thread put in your opinion and be happy.See the firecracker thing your back on it again does it make you that mad that someone from cosby makes the big bad bulldogs look like pee wee's.Even your comment about playing the littleones,evrybody knows better Mike doesn't coach like that,But you tell it how you want.Dawgbacker get your nose out of pugos butt read the header at the top of the page MOST FOR HIS TEAM that is the thread.Make a post and by the way prob both sides im sure.So squash your qb comment

As far as this thread goes ,I'm fine with Herzog does the most for his team, the thing I called into question was what one of you're Coaches said ON THIS THREAD. He plainly stated that Herzog was the best return man in the state, and that he was probably the best receiver in 1a. I and many others would strongly disagree. Tennessee is a pretty good size town.

As far as this thread goes ,I'm fine with Herzog does the most for his team, the thing I called into question was what one of you're Coaches said ON THIS THREAD. He plainly stated that Herzog was the best return man in the state, and that he was probably the best receiver in 1a. I and many others would strongly disagree. Tennessee is a pretty good size town.

My post had nothing to do with Pujo, it had everything to do with the header. You can have your one man (Herzog), and I will take all the wins that Hampton has got as a team. If Herzog was that good by himself why didnt he stop our running back from getting 4 TDs and 240yds on him? I will tell you why, because Taylor had 10 men paveing the way for him. So go ahead and keep your 1 player there bud :wacko: . He is good, but not that good.

My post had nothing to do with Pujo, it had everything to do with the header. You can have your one man (Herzog), and I will take all the wins that Hampton has got as a team. If Herzog was that good by himself why didnt he stop our running back from getting 4 TDs and 240yds on him? I will tell you why, because Taylor had 10 men paveing the way for him. So go ahead and keep your 1 player there bud :flower: . He is good, but not that good.

Read the title on the thread dork.Didn't ever say he could take the place of the other 10 on the team.Your stats should be on a different thread.Look get ya nose out of pugos butt and read what the thread is named. who in 1-a does the most for there team.