Carter vs Fulton

reverse

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm perplexed by Carter this year. Despite losing several players to graduation, I thought they would have a pretty good team coming into the season, especially with the 2 quality RB's they have. When we played them I was very impressed with #4 although he appeared to be a bit on cruise control at times. #28 was sick and didn't play. What's happened?

Fulton appears to be more inconsistant than what I expected from a team that played so many sophomores last year. I really expected the Falcons to be more dominant than they have shown so far. I know they have the talent and the coaching, but they seem to be up and down.

This should be a good game, but I expect Fulton to prevail.

I'm perplexed by Carter this year. Despite losing several players to graduation, I thought they would have a pretty good team coming into the season, especially with the 2 quality RB's they have. When we played them I was very impressed with #4 although he appeared to be a bit on cruise control at times. #28 was sick and didn't play. What's happened?

Fulton appears to be more inconsistant than what I expected from a team that played so many sophomores last year. I really expected the Falcons to be more dominant than they have shown so far. I know they have the talent and the coaching, but they seem to be up and down.

Fulton will win this one easy, but they are not the same Fulton that they were in the state championship years. Defensively, they are not as talented as they have been in the past. IMO, their inconsistency comes because their defensive personnel no longer fits their defensive scheme. For their scheme, they need solid D-linemen, a stud MLB, a ball hawk at Free Safety, and two good cover CBs. They are missing some or all of those positions.

Fulton will win this one easy, but they are not the same Fulton that they were in the state championship years. Defensively, they are not as talented as they have been in the past. IMO, their inconsistency comes because their defensive personnel no longer fits their defensive scheme. For their scheme, they need solid D-linemen, a stud MLB, a ball hawk at Free Safety, and two good cover CBs. They are missing some or all of those positions.

:mrgreen: I believe just about any defensive scheme would be good with the personnel described above, but not many teams have all the pieces. What happened to all those lineman that have been coming through the ranks of the baby Falcons for the past 5 years? Did they just play their rec ball with the Falcons and then go to other schools or what? I know their rec teams, especailly their super midgets, have looked as big as freshman or jv teams in the past.

:roflol: I believe just about any defensive scheme would be good with the personnel described above, but not many teams have all the pieces. What happened to all those lineman that have been coming through the ranks of the baby Falcons for the past 5 years? Did they just play their rec ball with the Falcons and then go to other schools or what? I know their rec teams, especailly their super midgets, have looked as big as freshman or jv teams in the past.

Not necessarily...

3-3-5, 4-4 (or 4-2-5), and 5-2 defenses need different personnel than what was mentioned. I don't know about the linemen from the baby falcons. I don't watch much little league football.

:roflol: I believe just about any defensive scheme would be good with the personnel described above, but not many teams have all the pieces. What happened to all those lineman that have been coming through the ranks of the baby Falcons for the past 5 years? Did they just play their rec ball with the Falcons and then go to other schools or what? I know their rec teams, especailly their super midgets, have looked as big as freshman or jv teams in the past.

Not necessarily...

3-3-5, 4-4 (or 4-2-5), and 5-2 defenses need different personnel than what was mentioned. I don't know about the linemen from the baby falcons. I don't watch much little league football.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are saying. But if you give me a solid defensive line, a stud MLB, 2 good cover corners, and a ball hawking free safety, I believe I can run a 3-3-5, 4-4, 4-2-5 or a 5-2 and compete with just about any high school offense you could throw at me, even with just average players at the other positions. Are you disagreeing with that?

Not necessarily...

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are saying. But if you give me a solid defensive line, a stud MLB, 2 good cover corners, and a ball hawking free safety, I believe I can run a 3-3-5, 4-4, 4-2-5 or a 5-2 and compete with just about any high school offense you could throw at me, even with just average players at the other positions. Are you disagreeing with that?

"compete" - yes... but that personel with a 4-3 (blitzing the two OLBs practically every play) will not just compete. It will dominate and win a lot of game for you.

"compete" - yes... but that personel with a 4-3 (blitzing the two OLBs practically every play) will not just compete. It will dominate and win a lot of game for you.

I would agree with that personel a 4-3 defense would be ideal. Depending on the formation, maybe run a cover 3 with a SS, or drop into a cover 2. Best when a player can play both as a SS and FS, that way you can move in and out of cover 2 and cover 3 without personel changes. You can even go cover 1 with that kind of secondary and really put a lot of pressure on an offense.

Man, you are going to get me fired talking football during work hours :roflol:

I would agree with that personel a 4-3 defense would be ideal. Depending on the formation, maybe run a cover 3 with a SS, or drop into a cover 2. Best when a player can play both as a SS and FS, that way you can move in and out of cover 2 and cover 3 without personel changes. You can even go cover 1 with that kind of secondary and really put a lot of pressure on an offense.

Man, you are going to get me fired talking football during work hours :roflol:

:roflol:

Now you're getting the idea. Fulton will play man and leave 8 or 9 in the box depending on the formation. The strong safety will cover the #3 WR (most high school teams don't have 3 quality WRs). The two cover CBs, will cover the outside WRs. The ball hawking free safety is free to run to the ball whether it's run or pass.

It's very tough to run against this defense. The way to beat it is with a good slot WR or throwing to the RB out of the backfield because the stud MLB usually doesn't cover well.

Man, you are going to get me fired talking football during work hours :motorbike:

:motorbike:

Now you're getting the idea. Fulton will play man and leave 8 or 9 in the box depending on the formation. The strong safety will cover the #3 WR (most high school teams don't have 3 quality WRs). The two cover CBs, will cover the outside WRs. The ball hawking free safety is free to run to the ball whether it's run or pass.

It's very tough to run against this defense. The way to beat it is with a good slot WR or throwing to the RB out of the backfield because the stud MLB usually doesn't cover well.

:motorbike::popcorneater: Hope to talk with you about some CAK vs AE in the playoffs if that happens.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread about Carter vs. Fulton.