Powell coaches cry.

dragonfan123

After Clinton's 29-12 beat down of Powell last Friday night, It is my understanding that Powell's head coach Matt Lowe was up set with Clinton coaches. The reason for Coach Lowe being upset was because Clinton scored with 12-15 seconds left in the fourth quarter from outside the ten yard line. However throughout the entire game, the game clock was not working and the time was kept on the field by one of the bad officials they send to ref Clinton games. No one knew how much time was left and Powell lined up their defense trying to stop Clinton. I heard that after the game Coach Lowe said he lost respect for Clinton's head coach Andy Shattuck for scoring so late in the game. Well if you put a defense out there tackle someone, thats my view. I think that is nothing more than Coach Lowe being a cry baby because Powell is 2-5 and lost a Home District game to a very very bad Karns team by more than 20, an knows if the field conditions were not terrible, Clinton would have won by 50. He lost respect for a coach who has taken a knee on the one yard line against Central the week before, and on several occasions this season. Give me a break Powell Coaches, stop crying and win a game, especially against Karns.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Clinton's 29-12 beat down of Powell last Friday night, It is my understanding that Powell's head coach Matt Lowe was up set with Clinton coaches. The reason for Coach Lowe being upset was because Clinton scored with 12-15 seconds left in the fourth quarter from outside the ten yard line. However throughout the entire game, the game clock was not working and the time was kept on the field by one of the bad officials they send to ref Clinton games. No one knew how much time was left and Powell lined up their defense trying to stop Clinton. I heard that after the game Coach Lowe said he lost respect for Clinton's head coach Andy Shattuck for scoring so late in the game. Well if you put a defense out there tackle someone, thats my view. I think that is nothing more than Coach Lowe being a cry baby because Powell is 2-5 and lost a Home District game to a very very bad Karns team by more than 20, an knows if the field conditions were not terrible, Clinton would have won by 50. He lost respect for a coach who has taken a knee on the one yard line against Central the week before, and on several occasions this season. Give me a break Powell Coaches, stop crying and win a game, especially against Karns.

Old news. It was in the Knoxville News-Sentinel on Saturday and the story has run its course already.

Did the Clinton coaches know how much time was left? I don't know for sure, but it seems like everybody else in the stadium did.

Throwing the ball in to the end zone in that situation is not what most teams do. To Andy's credit, however, the word is that the Clinton QB audibled from a run play to a pass play. If that happened, then I don't fault Andy or Richie Marsh and, yes, Powell should have stopped the play, anyway. I've found Andy to be a stand up guy in the time I have known him.

In any event, that game is over and done with for Powell. They have important games with Campbell County and Central in the next two weeks.

Congrats on a great season so far for Clinton, and enjoy it. Perhaps if the shoe is on the other foot one day you won't be so quick to get on a message board and start pointing fingers. :roflol:

Old news. It was in the Knoxville News-Sentinel on Saturday and the story has run its course already.

Did the Clinton coaches know how much time was left? I don't know for sure, but it seems like everybody else in the stadium did.

Throwing the ball in to the end zone in that situation is not what most teams do. To Andy's credit, however, the word is that the Clinton QB audibled from a run play to a pass play. If that happened, then I don't fault Andy or Richie Marsh and, yes, Powell should have stopped the play, anyway. I've found Andy to be a stand up guy in the time I have known him.

In any event, that game is over and done with for Powell. They have important games with Campbell County and Central in the next two weeks.

Congrats on a great season so far for Clinton, and enjoy it. Perhaps if the shoe is on the other foot one day you won't be so quick to get on a message board and start pointing fingers. :roflol:

EDIT:

And one other question: 29-12 is a beat down? If you say so, but I wouldn't call winning 29-12 with a senior laden team over a team that started 10 sophomores and a freshman a beat down, but if it makes you feel better, then so be it.

considering the conditions of the field, yes 29-12 is a beat down, and Clinton was inside the 10 twice and didnt score, props to Powells goal line defense. And i can remember last season when Powell killed clinton in the final game of the season and i saw no let down from Mr. Lowe and his staff. And if u really watched the game, Clinton dominated Powell over the course of game. So Powell is lucky that the score was only 29-12. :roflol:

Agreed. Old news. Coach Shattuck did try to apologize for the play. Track record will show that Shattuck is not that type of coach. If he wanted to do that to anyone, it would have been Central a couple of weeks ago, but he took a knee at the one. I think it was a very competive game and emotions run high. From everything I've read and heard, Coach Lowe is a good guy. He was probably just upset at the loss. Hopefully these two coaches squared it away amongst their selves and it is over. The Clinton-Powell has game has been very good over the years and Powell is defintently on the up with all of their young, talented skill players.

Agreed. Old news. Coach Shattuck did try to apologize for the play. Track record will show that Shattuck is not that type of coach. If he wanted to do that to anyone, it would have been Central a couple of weeks ago, but he took a knee at the one. I think it was a very competive game and emotions run high. From everything I've read and heard, Coach Lowe is a good guy. He was probably just upset at the loss. Hopefully these two coaches squared it away amongst their selves and it is over. The Clinton-Powell has game has been very good over the years and Powell is defintently on the up with all of their young, talented skill players.

considering the conditions of the field, yes 29-12 is a beat down, and Clinton was inside the 10 twice and didnt score, props to Powells goal line defense. And i can remember last season when Powell killed clinton in the final game of the season and i saw no let down from Mr. Lowe and his staff. And if u really watched the game, Clinton dominated Powell over the course of game. So Powell is lucky that the score was only 29-12. :roflol:

I was there, too. Yes I know what kind of field conditions there were. The field conditions affected both teams, you know.

Last year Clinton lead Powell 30-19 and had over 353 yards of offense in the first half of the game. The final score was Powell 47-Clinton 30. Again, I was there. Powell scored late, after Clinton turned it over, but they scored on a QB keeper with 3 minutes to go and, again, Clinton had put 30 and 353 yards on them in the first half. Even at the 3 minute mark last year, that game wasn't over. Big difference in scoring with 3 mintues to go and scoring with 12 seconds to go.

And I do sit corrected. A member of the Clinton coaching staff relayed that the QB changed the play, as he was coached to do, when he saw the DE cheating inside and kept the ball. It wasn't a pass called. My bad.

Like has been said, this is old news. If the shoe is ever on the other foot I hope you don't start pointing fingers.

Clinton has an outstanding football team with a chance to go deep in to the playoffs. Enjoy it instead of trying to stir the crap that has already been put to bed.

considering the conditions of the field, yes 29-12 is a beat down, and Clinton was inside the 10 twice and didnt score, props to Powells goal line defense. And i can remember last season when Powell killed clinton in the final game of the season and i saw no let down from Mr. Lowe and his staff. And if u really watched the game, Clinton dominated Powell over the course of game. So Powell is lucky that the score was only 29-12. :thumb:

I think if coach Shattuck knew how time was on the clock he would have taken a knee and been happy to get a win 22-12 considering the condition of the field.Get over it you won be happy