Richland vs Columbia Academy

richlandfb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no...terrible...talent does not win games without coaching...what happens when theres a lot of talent and no coaching is everyone tries to be heros and no one does there job, therefore you lose a lot of games.

Very true. I remember a lot of that going on when I played for Taylor.

I am truly sorry that these are the sentiments you walked away from Richland with. Some of my worst memories of Richland include people associated with Coach Taylor, and not being appreciated or recognized for the time, effort, and heart put into that program, but I am still a Raider, and I hope that the future produces teams that chose to work together instead of individuals who step onto the field for their own glory, and thatRichland talent continues to return and contribute to that vision, but with better attitudes than are displayed on here.

I look at it this way. Richland will never have good coaches as long as people from pulaski get to choose them. Ricky Taylor was sent to richland from Giles co. high along with over 50% of the assistant coaches that have come and gone . If they were such good coaches why did Giles co. let them go. The facts are the number one goal in Richland football under Taylor is to be better people. Time and place if I have heard that once I have heard it a million times.Thats all fine and well but there has to be football! not saying that the players should not be an elite among other students in values but football is what the coach is there teach. Far as talent goes there has be good talent at richland for years and if thats all it took to win games than richland would a respected team right now because its been there . But it takes coaching and not much of it has been going on.

I'm seeing some new posters on here this week, and they seem to be making excuses for Taylor.. I don't understand why. Yes, true talent has come through in the past few yrs. and I know what those kids are saying today about their past coach and it isn't good. None that I know have anything good to say about Taylor. I don't even want to begin to start a page on their comments so I'll just let his record stand as eveidence!!! There are plenty of young coaches out there who would love to come in and take over that program and make it great. Unfortunately the school board is making excuses as to why Taylor should stay and they arelooking at people like us on here as just being "poor Richland" supporters. My goodness people,,, we aren't stupid. only 1 game won this season? And what was the record last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.??? The school board is incompetent in this matter and you new posters can make all the excuses you want but we Know what we have and what we don't have, and we don't have a coach!!!

Columbia Academy by 3 touchdowns!!!! Sorry boys, I really would like to see you win, but your coach doesn't know how to make it happen for you. :thumb:

im going to say you need to stop being so negative. you probably never played hardly and it still hurts you deep down inside. coaching is only part of the game. its people like you that give richland a bad name. people up there are always out to get somebody fired. go get you a coaching job and lets see how you do big shot. lets go raiders only 3 games left lets see yall play hard....

this is the most sickening statement I've read in a long time . You have insulted the real players here, the ones who really want to play regardless of who they know or who their daddy is. And I would like to know who the other coaches are that people are wanting to get fired? I haven't heard of any in the past 5 yrs. other than Coach Taylor... If Pulaski would allow a new coach to come in then we certaintly could "see how he would do big shot." As I've said before, it sure couldn't be any worse than it is right now. At least if they did lose, they wouldn't have to listen to Taylor's foul mouth!!! I've heard him say the "G D" word so many times I want to throw up. That should be grounds for dismissal regardless of the horrible loss record.

We aren't the ones giving Richland a bad name. It's the football coach who is giving them a bad name.! !

First off to all the "true Raider" fans and most importantly players, keep your heads up and keep playing hard! In my opinion success is achieved by way of hard work, responsibility, accountability, and a desire for a player to fill whatever role the team may need him to play. Also, success among a team will never be achieved without all persons in the program (including parents) seeking to achieve the same goals.

I haven't been around Richland for 10 years but I still cherish every memory that I have of being a true Richland Raider. Coach Taylor meant more to me than anyone else I ever came across in my time during high school. Having grown up and becoming a coach I now realize how smart Coach Taylor is. Football goes beyond X's and O's, most people don't understand this. Coach T is a great motivator, competitor, and leader!

Richland doesn't have the talent pool year in and year out to win 8-10 games, much less compete for a state championship. Talent goes in cycles in Lynnville, every 5-6 years a talented class will come through that will take the football team to the playoffs. I don't care who the coach is, it will never change. Coach T is not the problem. If you are a parent and you are upset, take a step back just for 1 min. Trully look at your football team. How good is your child? If you are the ones that sit behind a computer your kid is most likely TERRIBLE!!! The truth hurts I know, if you really care about your kid and the Richland football program PLEASE do whatever it takes to make your son, friends, teammates, managers, coaches, and whoever else better. Lift there spirits don't tear them down!

And if you really have a problem I have a great solution.... GO SEE COACH TAYLOR, guaranteed you don't have what it takes to listen to the truth the man will tell you!!!

Coach Taylor, Thanks for making my memories of football great. Thanks for always being there when I needed to someone to talk to. Thanks for making me a better man. and Thanks for making me a better Coach, I am glad to be a fellow coach and thankful to have played under you. 18

I think if the Richland parents come out backing their team tonight it would go further than you think. This will be a good game and there will be a time around half way through 2nd quarter to middle of the 3rd . And at this time Richland will ethier stand up and be men or quit on themselves and their team. I dont like Richland or CA but I am pulling for Richland tonight . They need a win and need to quit all the pointing fingers . Do your part no matter who you are ( parent , player or coach ).

lets see here coach chad hall was a very good basketball coach and where is he now? at another school. go pull his record and see his wins and loses. perfect example of horrible parents complaining and tearing the coach a new one. you have no class and do not have a clue what you are talking about. maybe coach t is not the greatest coach, but you know what you dont have what it takes to stand up and talk to him face to face. i know kids on this football team very well and they are sick and tired of you and alot of others complaining when you or none of the others are a coach. in coach hall's case parents didnt like it because there child didnt get to play or they got yelled at. its sports and if you make the team then you should be thankful for it not crying about it. parents make me sick and people that complain all the time in pulaski make me sick. its all politics, dont put the kids in front of you to sheild your agony on coach t. because for the most part they all respect and love coach t. after all that go raiders and show all the hating a#^ parents who are complaining wishing yall would lose another so your coach will get fired what yall have and put it on CA tonight. wish you boys the best of luck

First off to all the "true Raider" fans and most importantly players, keep your heads up and keep playing hard! In my opinion success is achieved by way of hard work, responsibility, accountability, and a desire for a player to fill whatever role the team may need him to play. Also, success among a team will never be achieved without all persons in the program (including parents) seeking to achieve the same goals.

I haven't been around Richland for 10 years but I still cherish every memory that I have of being a true Richland Raider. Coach Taylor meant more to me than anyone else I ever came across in my time during high school. Having grown up and becoming a coach I now realize how smart Coach Taylor is. Football goes beyond X's and O's, most people don't understand this. Coach T is a great motivator, competitor, and leader!

Richland doesn't have the talent pool year in and year out to win 8-10 games, much less compete for a state championship. Talent goes in cycles in Lynnville, every 5-6 years a talented class will come through that will take the football team to the playoffs. I don't care who the coach is, it will never change. Coach T is not the problem. If you are a parent and you are upset, take a step back just for 1 min. Trully look at your football team. How good is your child? If you are the ones that sit behind a computer your kid is most likely TERRIBLE!!! The truth hurts I know, if you really care about your kid and the Richland football program PLEASE do whatever it takes to make your son, friends, teammates, managers, coaches, and whoever else better. Lift there spirits don't tear them down!

And if you really have a problem I have a great solution.... GO SEE COACH TAYLOR, guaranteed you don't have what it takes to listen to the truth the man will tell you!!!

Coach Taylor, Thanks for making my memories of football great. Thanks for always being there when I needed to someone to talk to. Thanks for making me a better man. and Thanks for making me a better Coach, I am glad to be a fellow coach and thankful to have played under you. 18

and what is your win % :thumb::blush:

If every one would just come to school and look how he run things then thats all it would take we just need a change its time if you like him or not he might be a good person and hes been good to some kids but not all and he has his way of doing thing but it time past time for a change if he really cared for the kids and the team and football he would let it go hes got his boys thourgh the program so let someone else have try