Oneida @ Coalfield

RumplePigskin

OHS34....... hope you are right. There is a certain individual in that area that needs his humility brought down a notch or two. Oliver Springs delivered the first lesson, now it's our turn. By the way Bobcats, good win too last night! Oneida scored all their points in the first half......got it done and shut it down. Perhaps Scofield you witnessed the majority of the second half in which Oneida was using their young players, who are fresh out of....you guessed it....Middle School. Scof and Outlaw are jokes boys, forget them. I was thinking about GP success since we played them too, but why waste energy on a pair of Duds?!?! Dekalb Co. can beat anyone as long as Mr. Football is there! (Poteete) Sunbright's Offense can score, but they aren't likely to have faced a DC that has his boys always in the right places! Has he pitched two shutouts in a row? If he is dialed in again Friday, he might make it three! Unfortunately for Sunbright the game is up on the "Hill" and the cow bells will be ringing for the game that can clinch the Title for us! The Reservation will be in full Howl! Middle School .............. I thought Scofield's answer was hilarious ......... uh, I don't follow no particular team. What?

:D Kazanity :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OHS34....... hope you are right. There is a certain individual in that area that needs his humility brought down a notch or two. Oliver Springs delivered the first lesson, now it's our turn. By the way Bobcats, good win too last night! Oneida scored all their points in the first half......got it done and shut it down. Perhaps Scofield you witnessed the majority of the second half in which Oneida was using their young players, who are fresh out of....you guessed it....Middle School. Scof and Outlaw are jokes boys, forget them. I was thinking about GP success since we played them too, but why waste energy on a pair of Duds?!?! Dekalb Co. can beat anyone as long as Mr. Football is there! (Poteete) Sunbright's Offense can score, but they aren't likely to have faced a DC that has his boys always in the right places! Has he pitched two shutouts in a row? If he is dialed in again Friday, he might make it three! Unfortunately for Sunbright the game is up on the "Hill" and the cow bells will be ringing for the game that can clinch the Title for us! The Reservation will be in full Howl! Middle School .............. I thought Scofield's answer was hilarious ......... uh, I don't follow no particular team. What?

I thought that answer was pretty funny myself Kaz. Must just be a causual observer of small town football. Man, if the Indians get any more business like, Coach Brewster may have to put bow ties on their shoulder pads. Looked very sharp last night! Love some of the new wrinkles in the O too.

Jokes? okay for starters i would rather play in scotts district and actually play Decent teams than playin 2 decent teams per year and then you got teams in your district such as oakdale coalfield wartburg . when scott high is playin alcoa cak loudon kingston and so on . but yeah its kinda hard to make the play offs with the number 7 schedule rank in the state and teams that are ranked top ten. noting alcoa the best team period. oneida will not meet anyone decent until 2nd or 3rd round in the playoffs. the region there in is a joke cause oneida way above everyones elses game in that region

Jokes? okay for starters i would rather play in scotts district and actually play Decent teams than playin 2 decent teams per year and then you got teams in your district such as oakdale coalfield wartburg . when scott high is playin alcoa cak loudon kingston and so on . but yeah its kinda hard to make the play offs with the number 7 schedule rank in the state and teams that are ranked top ten. noting alcoa the best team period. oneida will not meet anyone decent until 2nd or 3rd round in the playoffs. the region there in is a joke cause oneida way above everyones elses game in that region

If you would rather play in Scott Co. district and play decent teams, then why come on an Oneida thread and call our team a "Middle School" program. Just be happy you all get to compete with some of the best teams in the state.

More importantly, The boys and coaches at Oneida work very hard all year round to have fun on Friday nights and be "way above" everyone else's game. The expectations in Oneida are very high no matter who the boys play. It starts with Pride, Class and Character. You should spend more time making Scott Co. better and less time bashing the Indians.

Just for the sake of arguement, because we have all been through the whole Scott - Oneida thing. Oneida plays teams that are enrollment based......er, Scott Co. does too. The conferences are based on geographical availability I assume. Are we ducking teams? Hardly, I believe our non-region schedule has taken us to Watertown, Hampton, Dekalb Co., Gatlinburg-Pittman, Cumberland Gap, and other "not so close locals over the last several years. I believe the record shows a willingness to schedule "up" on a consistent basis. That is what improves your toughness as a team. I'm not going to harp on who Scott High has played out of region, but it is fair to say Oneida doesn't schedule any soft out of conference team. The play-offs are all about playing teams in your division who have earned the right to participate in them......you play who is in front of you. Is Scott Co. playing harder teams in it's region.....? Yes. I haven't seen anyone state otherwise.....? But to insinuate that we are a "Middle School" type program is just pure crap on your part. Play your games, but your opinions are baseless by the fact that you haven't succeeded enough in your own division, so you try to come up with an arguement as to why the smaller school in this county has suceeded. (note..I didn't say you haven't suceeded any, just not enough to your liking) It is really lame on your part and I'm sure people are tired of hearing your rant over and over and over......! That is why I think your "position" on the matter is a joke. (violins are playing)

:D Kazam :D

Just for the sake of arguement, because we have all been through the whole Scott - Oneida thing. Oneida plays teams that are enrollment based......er, Scott Co. does too. The conferences are based on geographical availability I assume. Are we ducking teams? Hardly, I believe our non-region schedule has taken us to Watertown, Hampton, Dekalb Co., Gatlinburg-Pittman, Cumberland Gap, and other "not so close locals over the last several years. I believe the record shows a willingness to schedule "up" on a consistent basis. That is what improves your toughness as a team. I'm not going to harp on who Scott High has played out of region, but it is fair to say Oneida doesn't schedule any soft out of conference team. The play-offs are all about playing teams in your division who have earned the right to participate in them......you play who is in front of you. Is Scott Co. playing harder teams in it's region.....? Yes. I haven't seen anyone state otherwise.....? But to insinuate that we are a "Middle School" type program is just pure crap on your part. Play your games, but your opinions are baseless by the fact that you haven't succeeded enough in your own division, so you try to come up with an arguement as to why the smaller school in this county has suceeded. (note..I didn't say you haven't suceeded any, just not enough to your liking) It is really lame on your part and I'm sure people are tired of hearing your rant over and over and over......! That is why I think your "position" on the matter is a joke. (violins are playing)

:D Kazam :D

why doesn't shs and ohs play eachother? from what i understand these 2 schools are seperated by about ten miles? if thats correct then they shouldn't they play eachother? yeahh one school is 3A and the other is only 1A but that shouldn't be a reason if ohs wants to play bigger better schools..and you know both teams would really get into that one..???????? dry.gif

I believe the game was long ago suspended because it has no merit for either team and the emotions from both sides overflowed making both administrations effectively canceling the series. That sentiment obviously still reigns today, based on the comments that Scofield and Outlaw continue to make. Your posts effectively negate anything changing in the next several years. Nothing comes from the game....if Oneida won, Scott Co. effectively loses more than the game. If Scott Co. wins, all they would accomplish is beating a school two divisions down. What is the gain for them....either way? Do yourselves a favor boys.......let sleeping dogs lie.

:D Kaz :D

I believe the game was long ago suspended because it has no merit for either team and the emotions from both sides overflowed making both administrations effectively canceling the series. That sentiment obviously still reigns today, based on the comments that Scofield and Outlaw continue to make. Your posts effectively negate anything changing in the next several years. Nothing comes from the game....if Oneida won, Scott Co. effectively loses more than the game. If Scott Co. wins, all they would accomplish is beating a school two divisions down. What is the gain for them....either way? Do yourselves a favor boys.......let sleeping dogs lie.

:roflol: Kaz :roflol:

friday night at the coalfield and oneida game i talked to a guy who is close to both programs and he did say somethin like you said..it would cause a uproar in the county..but from the way i see it let the boys play so this discussion on who's better would end..the guy also told me that oneida probably has a little to much pride to play in that game.. "oneida pride" like you was sayin kazzy..but also scott county would have to much to lose in it..but from the way i see it until these 2 teams play and settle it on the field then the larger 3A school of Scott County will be the team of your little county since they are bigger and they play a very very good schedule and the talent is deeper since they have more kids :thumb:

If that butters your bread, Scofield.......? :roflol:

Of course you're strickly giving your opinion which can not solve the question.... So you didn't answer anything other than satisfy your own self interest. B)Just because you say it.......doesn't make it true or false. Unfortunately you don't play the games on this message board, so you didn't accomplish anything in my mind. :thumb: other than throwing that old bone out there.....again.

I will say this......on some years Oneida would win and on some years Scott Co. would. Yippee! These games are usually played by people that can handle the results. The years they did play proved that this community couldn't. So go on and decide who wins......it is just your guess. Me.....I'm not offering one.

:wacko: Kazanity :roflol:

scofield the sad thing is in this argument.. if scott high played oneida high i believe they would play harder in that game than their region/district games whatever you want to call it. scott high fans always bring this argument up because their team isn't going to the playoffs every year and winning. they have no pride nor do they know what its like to win. i do agree they play a tough schedule, but there is only one way to get through that tough schedule. if they would focus more on beating these 'goliath' teams instead of bashing their neighbor they may win some. for a 3a school to call out a 1a school is foolish anyway you look at it. you go up and talk to one of the boys on oneidas team when they play a tough team and you wont hear one of them say anything about losing or talkin themselves down. they always believe they will win. but if you talk to a scott high player about who they play its always the same. "we play the toughest schedule in the state, thats why we dont win" instead of whining and complaining about it, why dont they do something about it? difference is, teams come to oneida fearing them, teams go to scott thinking of them as if they are oakdale. accept that fact, or beat the man.

I've always respected Oneida's program and tradition. I think you guys are a class act. However, this notion that playing Scott Co. would cause such an uproar in the county is a cop-out by the administrations. Coalfield plays Wartburg, Farragut plays Bearden (and you saw on the news the vandalism that was caused year in and year out in that rivalry), Fulton plays AE....etc. There are many emotional rivalries throughout east TN that you can point to. I don't think the fine people of Scott county would do anything worse than what happens in these rivalries. This could be a HUGE win for the county, if the administration would take it in that direction, instead of "let's kill the Indians" "I hate Scott" mentality. The gate would be huge for both teams. Just an observation. I would LOVE to see it.