Sevier County vs. Seymour

soccer09

*The game has been rescheduled for tomorrow night, Friday at 5:30 at SCHS' complex, due to field flooding.

This will be another great inner-county rivalry game, no doubt. I am just wondering pitbull, how many games have you seen Seymour SOCCER play this season?

Excellent question, os3! I have seen as many of their games as I have Sevier County's, absolutely NONE, lol. I do, however, follow both teams' progress through articles in the Seymour Herald and Mountain Press. I also have sources that follow each individual team and update me on scores, progress, level of play, etc. My prediction was formulated solely on opinion developed from a combination of the aforementioned resources combined with other information accumulated from the past and present of both teams. I now live and teach in Knox County so unfortunately I'm unable to attend games like I wish I was able to.

With that said, I'm no expert on these two teams nor girls' soccer as a whole. I do have a general knowledge of the talent level and team dynamics of BOTH teams. The original poster asked for a prediction for the game, and I gave mine with supporting reasons. It was not my intention to put down either program and don't believe my posts suggest that.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Just got word that Seymour wins 4-2!! Great win to wrap up the regular season ladies heading into post season! Congratulations!

It was definitely a well-deserved win for the Lady Eagles. The first half ended 2 all and the score is pretty indicative of the level of play for the majority of the half. Possession was probably 55 to 45 in Seymour's favor which was helped out a lot by their domination of the last 5 to 10 minutes of the half. The second half was ALL Seymour. Sevier County just couldn't get anything going. It was very obvious that Seymour wanted the win more and they got it. Overall, it was a very clean game and both teams and the referee should be commended for that with all of the buildup prior to the opening whistle. Good luck to both teams in the rest of your seasons.

Wow! Just got word that Seymour wins 4-2!! Great win to wrap up the regular season ladies heading into post season! Congratulations!

It was definitely a well-deserved win for the Lady Eagles. The first half ended 2 all and the score is pretty indicative of the level of play for the majority of the half. Possession was probably 55 to 45 in Seymour's favor which was helped out a lot by their domination of the last 5 to 10 minutes of the half. The second half was ALL Seymour. Sevier County just couldn't get anything going. It was very obvious that Seymour wanted the win more and they got it. Overall, it was a very clean game and both teams and the referee should be commended for that with all of the buildup prior to the opening whistle. Good luck to both teams in the rest of your seasons.

Thought you were going to keep me posted with texts?!?! :thumb:

Hmmmmmm, can anyone say Karma?

Actually congrats to the Lady Eagles, been a tough season and hitting a high note now is all that counts, hope for a good run in the play offs.

Guess they teach a little more soccer at LMU than Hiwassee.

OK... let's not get that started again, please.

Congrats to Seymour on a big win, and good luck to both teams in the post season. Does anyone know the district seeding yet?

Thought you were going to keep me posted with texts?!?! :roflol:

My bad G. I put the wrong number in my phone. The first two text updates (goal for Seymour with answer from Sevier County) I tried to send were good ones, too, so I was definitely upset when I realized you wouldn't be getting any play by play. :lol:

Ha ha! Now worries, my friend! Hope to possibly see you Sunday!