Chattanooga scores- Upsets ?

CHAMPDDS

What happened? Silverdale won. EHS played very well for the first part of the first half. SBA looked good too. EHS controlled the game and possession for the first twenty minutes. There were two distinct mishaps in the closing minutes of the first half and two goals for SBA. As soon as SBA scored, you could see EHS stop playing. EHS worked very hard but the girls' mental toughness was tested...and failed, IMHO.

There were three individual errors that led to three far too easy goals and one own goal.

I don't know if any of you were at the GPS vs. Soddy Daisy game last night but GPS worked hard and earned the victory. What happened to Soddy? What do you mean what happened to Soddy? Were they supposed to win big over GPS? I thought that this was going to be a tough battle between two great local teams. GPS won the 50/50 balls and although Soddy had more shots on frame than GPS did, they didn't finish their chances. They outworked Soddy to the ball and their hard efforts paid off in the end. Both Chattanooga teams are outstanding and this city should be proud to have them here. Last night, it looks like GPS finished their chances and capitalized in the final third. I think maybe Chattanooga needs to rethink their poll next time on ranking of area high school girls varsity soccer teams.

GPS is a hardworking team who clearly deserved the win they fought for last night. Far too often GPS is underestimated and last night they proved themselves. Instead of asking what "went wrong," I think congratulations are in order.

WOW....soccerer and basoccer, check your shoulder and brush that chip off of it. Such anger for both of your 1st posts. :thumb: . I assure you NOBODY TAKES GPS LIGHTLY.

Oh soccerer, congats on your win, your team deserves it, They played with alot of heart and focus and good luck in the post season. :popcorneater:

GPS is a hardworking team who clearly deserved the win they fought for last night. Far too often GPS is underestimated and last night they proved themselves. Instead of asking what "went wrong," I think congratulations are in order.

WOW....soccerer and basoccer, check your shoulder and brush that chip off of it. Such anger for both of your 1st posts. :thumb: . I assure you NOBODY TAKES GPS LIGHTLY.

Oh soccerer, congats on your win, your team deserves it, They played with alot of heart and focus and good luck in the post season. :thumb:

Busted by the first post observation :popcorneater:

No chips and definitely no anger. All teams have worked hard all season long. No one takes ANY team in Chattanooga lightly and that says a lot about the programs. Good luck to all of them.

soccerer and basoccer,

Nothing negative against GPS at all...Just to say that I have seen both teams play against Notre Dame, and I would have put more favor towards Soddy Daisy, at least to have scored...that is all... Maybe the cruddy weather last week when Notre Dame and GPS tied was an issue in regards to seeing the level of play GPS is capable of (I know it affected ND)

Nice to see that there are some GPS fans looking at these boards ..it usually has been a quiet discussion regarding anything GPS (and for that matter, Baylor) ..your input is welcome !

EHS- Since Notre Dame has played both you all and Silverdale, I would easily have put you all as the favorite as well there...

D :roflol: