1A Playoff Quads- 10/14

mofototo50

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I changed it based on the new information. See the later post.

On the Huntingdon issue: It does not matter where they finish... the 6 teams the farthest East are in Quad 1, the next 6 are in Quad 2 as you move West and so on, and so on. That is how it works. If the 6 best teams in the State were located by each other they would be in the same Quad.

I changed it based on the new information. See the later post.

On the Huntingdon issue: It does not matter where they finish... the 6 teams the farthest East are in Quad 1, the next 6 are in Quad 2 as you move West and so on, and so on. That is how it works. If the 6 best teams in the State were located by each other they would be in the same Quad.

so does that mean one of the team's in quad4 will be out, and Huntingdon in quad 4 wow this is so confusing :roflol:

OK Here is my try at it after being told how it works better form you guys and being given more information:

Understand first, so you do not complain about Quad's, this is the selection process:

1st. All Teams are picked

2nd. They are put in Quads (broken into 6, starting East and coming West). This is done geographically using a Map located on TSSAA.org.

3rd. Teams are seeded in their Quad. If you finish 1st in your district you are seeded first, then teams that finish 2nd are seeded, then teams in the Upper Half of their district (teams that get in automatically), then Wild Card teams. I do not know how teams are decided when both finish in Upper Half, or both finish 1st or 2nd. Maybe overall record.

This is just my attempt. It is most likely wrong.

If MAHS wins on Friday this is how it will look Saturday morning:

Quad 1:

1. Knoxville Grace (Finish 1st in district)

2. Harriman (Finish 2nd in district)

3/4. Coalfield & Cloudland (Upper Half)

5/6. Copper Basin & Sunbright (Wild Card)

Quad 2:

1. South Pitt (Finish 1st in district)

2/3. MTCS & Gordonsville (Upper half)

4/5. Monterey/Clay Co & Eagleville/Huntland (Upper Half)

6. Lookout Valley (Wild Card)

Quad 3:

1/2/3. Jo Byrns, Wayne Co., & Huntingdon (1st in district)

4. Collinwood (2nd in district)

5. Clarskville Academy/McEwen (Upper Half)

6. Perry County (Wild Card)

Quad 4:

1. Union City (1st in district)

2. MAHS (2nd in district)

3/4. West Carroll & South Fulton (Upper Half)

5/6. Gleason & Lake County (Wild Card)

If MAHS loses, then Huntingdon would move to the Quad 4, Eagleville would move to Quad 3, and Whitwell would be added to Quad 2.

If there is a slash, I think it will be one of those two teams in.

Remember, the top seeded teams will be taken care of first. Thusly, Huntingdon would not be denied a bye week one even if MAHS won, it would not matter. The TSSAA would put Huntingdon in quad 4 and more than likely move a wildcard team to quad 3. Easily justified by the fact that MAHS only plays 7 games etc. etc etc. Remember this, the TSSAA will ultimately do what will make them the most money and putting Union City by themselves in a quad with cupcakes does not do that.

OK Here is my try at it after being told how it works better form you guys and being given more information:

Understand first, so you do not complain about Quad's, this is the selection process:

1st. All Teams are picked

2nd. They are put in Quads (broken into 6, starting East and coming West). This is done geographically using a Map located on TSSAA.org.

3rd. Teams are seeded in their Quad. If you finish 1st in your district you are seeded first, then teams that finish 2nd are seeded, then teams in the Upper Half of their district (teams that get in automatically), then Wild Card teams. I do not know how teams are decided when both finish in Upper Half, or both finish 1st or 2nd. Maybe overall record.

This is just my attempt. It is most likely wrong.

If MAHS wins on Friday this is how it will look Saturday morning:

Quad 1:

1. Knoxville Grace (Finish 1st in district)

2. Harriman (Finish 2nd in district)

3/4. Coalfield & Cloudland (Upper Half)

5/6. Copper Basin & Sunbright (Wild Card)

Quad 2:

1. South Pitt (Finish 1st in district)

2/3. MTCS & Gordonsville (Upper half)

4/5. Monterey/Clay Co & Eagleville/Huntland (Upper Half)

6. Lookout Valley (Wild Card)

Quad 3:

1/2/3. Jo Byrns, Wayne Co., & Huntingdon (1st in district)

4. Collinwood (2nd in district)

5. Clarskville Academy/McEwen (Upper Half)

6. Perry County (Wild Card)

Quad 4:

1. Union City (1st in district)

2. MAHS (2nd in district)

3/4. West Carroll & South Fulton (Upper Half)

5/6. Gleason & Lake County (Wild Card)

If MAHS loses, then Huntingdon would move to the Quad 4, Eagleville would move to Quad 3, and Whitwell would be added to Quad 2.

If there is a slash, I think it will be one of those two teams in.

I looked at it and got a few things different, not saying I am right because I just know the way I understand it. A lot of ours were the same but I have MAHS and McEwen not making it as of right now. In there place it lease two. In the place of McEwen I think it will be Nashville Christian. When you drop MAHS we get a wild card and I right now it goes to Cornersville. This would put Huntingdon back in Quad 4 and to prevent teams of same region playing Perry Co and Gleason would change Quads. Like I said this is just the way I see it as of right now.

I looked at it and got a few things different, not saying I am right because I just know the way I understand it. A lot of ours were the same but I have MAHS and McEwen not making it as of right now. In there place it lease two. In the place of McEwen I think it will be Nashville Christian. When you drop MAHS we get a wild card and I right now it goes to Cornersville. This would put Huntingdon back in Quad 4 and to prevent teams of same region playing Perry Co and Gleason would change Quads. Like I said this is just the way I see it as of right now.

Clarksville Academy will get in. They beat Nashville Christian and they'll beat McEwen. If it ended today, CA is in with a 2-2 district record.

Remember, the top seeded teams will be taken care of first. Thusly, Huntingdon would not be denied a bye week one even if MAHS won, it would not matter. The TSSAA would put Huntingdon in quad 4 and more than likely move a wildcard team to quad 3. Easily justified by the fact that MAHS only plays 7 games etc. etc etc. Remember this, the TSSAA will ultimately do what will make them the most money and putting Union City by themselves in a quad with cupcakes does not do that.

Argument will be postponed till next year. According to the TSSAA website MAHS lost last night to Westwood. Huntingdon can now find safety through at least the semifinals having to play the five cupcakes in the western most district.