Goodpasture at Sycamore

GOODPASTURE

Sycamore is a power running team with a strong quartet of backs in Dalton Lane, Landon Morris, Dale Tamborella, & Tanner Tucker. Coach Halstead & Co. will have them ready knowing that there is a chance at winning an outright District 9-AA Championship. Goodpasture better come to play or they are going to leave Pleasant View with a loss.

.........and for the person who compared scores against Macon County early in the thread I have to say that is just stupid. If you go by that logic then you certainly have to go by this one as well:

CPA beat Goodpasture

East Literature beat CPA

Sycamore beat East Literature

So keep comparing scores against terrible teams like Macon County & Westmoreland because I can assure you that Sycamore's score comparison against "quality" competition carries more water.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sycamore is a power running team with a strong quartet of backs in Dalton Lane, Landon Morris, Dale Tamborella, & Tanner Tucker. Coach Halstead & Co. will have them ready knowing that there is a chance at winning an outright District 9-AA Championship. Goodpasture better come to play or they are going to leave Pleasant View with a loss.

.........and for the person who compared scores against Macon County early in the thread I have to say that is just stupid. If you go by that logic then you certainly have to go by this one as well:

CPA beat Goodpasture

East Literature beat CPA

Sycamore beat East Literature

So keep comparing scores against terrible teams like Macon County & Westmoreland because I can assure you that Sycamore's score comparison against "quality" competition carries more water.

Thank you. I do anticipate a good game. If they are a power running team, that means that it will be strength against strength. Goodpasture's front seven is very big and strong, so it will be fun to watch. Friday can not come soon enough.

Sycamore is a power running team with a strong quartet of backs in Dalton Lane, Landon Morris, Dale Tamborella, & Tanner Tucker. Coach Halstead & Co. will have them ready knowing that there is a chance at winning an outright District 9-AA Championship. Goodpasture better come to play or they are going to leave Pleasant View with a loss. .

POWER RUNNING GAME! You have not seen a power running game yet. After Friday Night you will remember the the name STEPHON DAWSON. Go to Goodpasture's web sight to see his stats. http://goodpasturefootball.com/index.ph ... e&Itemid=1 And he isn't all that fast. Now with that said, I dont think Goodpasture can beat you with the pass. Or maybe their is no need to pass when you run it the way they do. Goodpasture wins this one going away. And they will run it up if they can. 38 to 10

Sycamore is a power running team with a strong quartet of backs in Dalton Lane, Landon Morris, Dale Tamborella, & Tanner Tucker. Coach Halstead & Co. will have them ready knowing that there is a chance at winning an outright District 9-AA Championship. Goodpasture better come to play or they are going to leave Pleasant View with a loss. .

POWER RUNNING GAME! You have not seen a power running game yet. After Friday Night you will remember the the name STEPHON DAWSON. Go to Goodpasture's web sight to see his stats. http://goodpasturefootball.com/index.ph ... e&Itemid=1 And he isn't all that fast. Now with that said, I dont think Goodpasture can beat you with the pass. Or maybe their is no need to pass when you run it the way they do. Goodpasture wins this one going away. And they will run it up if they can. 38 to 10

My post about Sycamore's running game did not imply that they would run it down Goodpasture's throat but I would like to thank you for giving the Sycamore players some bulletin board material for this week. Goodpasture better be able to throw it because Sycamore isn't going to allow them to run it at will against their defense. I CAN ASSURE YOU OF THAT ONE!!!! Pearl-Cohn, Station Camp, & Greenbrier haven't beaten Sycamore in recent years based souly on their strong running games. All of those teams had to THROW THE FOOTBALL at some point or another in order to beat the War Eagles. Goodpasture is going to have to do the same thing as well.

My post about Sycamore's running game did not imply that they would run it down Goodpasture's throat but I would like to thank you for giving the Sycamore players some bulletin board material for this week. Goodpasture better be able to throw it because Sycamore isn't going to allow them to run it at will against their defense. I CAN ASSURE YOU OF THAT ONE!!!! Pearl-Cohn, Station Camp, & Greenbrier haven't beaten Sycamore in recent years based souly on their strong running games. All of those teams had to THROW THE FOOTBALL at some point or another in order to beat the War Eagles. Goodpasture is going to have to do the same thing as well.

Trust me Goodpasture can throw the ball. The quarterback (#3) is getting better every game. Not only can he throw, but he can scramble. There trio of receivers are (#28), he is a senior who is a possesion reciever. (#9) is a junior, and he is the fastest player on the roster, if he gets an opening, he can take it to the house. And (#15) is a sophomore Tight end. He does a better job receiving then he does blocking, but makes alot of first downs. With that trio of receivers, Goodpasture has the weapons to have a very good passing game. The problem is they have been running for 200 to 300 yards a game, and they have not needed to go to the passing game. With the BIG offensive line, along with the two fullbacks we have (#32 and #29), passing has not been necessary. I would like to see them continue to run the ball, while mixing in some passing to keep the defense honest. All in all, until a team shows Coach Martin that they can stop Goodpasture's running attack, he will keep it coming, and I would too!

Goodpasture will not run it up if they were to get a big lead on a team. I've only seen them do it once in 16 years. That was a payback deal. Other than that it just won't happen. Part of the GCS success is playing young ones in as many games as they can.

That is a very true statement. Coach Martin will put in as many freshman and sophomores as he can "if" the game is in hand. Sometimes you will see the score increase, but that is only if the lower classmen score. He also is very concervative with his play calling when the lower classmen go in, for obvious reasons.

Goodpasture will not run it up if they were to get a big lead on a team. I've only seen them do it once in 16 years. That was a payback deal. Other than that it just won't happen. Part of the GCS success is playing young ones in as many games as they can.

They won't be in a position to run it up this week. Sycamore isn't going to be there just to shine the Cougars district title rings because they want them for themselves.

They won't be in a position to run it up this week. Sycamore isn't going to be there just to shine the Cougars district title rings because they want them for themselves.

I agree. I know whenever you have a district championchip on the line, both teams will come out swinging. I antisipate Goodpasture trying to impose its will against Sycamore. I wish I knew how good Sycamore is, but I know if you have a chance to win a championchip, you have to be a good football team!