Playoffs. let me get this straight..

jwcardin

In 3a, there will be 32 teams make the playoffs. they will be placed in four quadrants of 8 teams. So...the 8 most northeast teams will be together, 8 most SE teams, etc..? regardlees of actual districts, meaning some current districts will be split and some not?

Just read the Tennessean article showing current status playoff teams. clear me up if possible.

In 3a, there will be 32 teams make the playoffs. they will be placed in four quadrants of 8 teams. So...the 8 most northeast teams will be together, 8 most SE teams, etc..? regardlees of actual districts, meaning some current districts will be split and some not?

Just read the Tennessean article showing current status playoff teams. clear me up if possible.

It kind of depends on how many teams qualify from each part of the state, but it is indeed intended to be the most geographically sensible split that can be made given the list of qualifiers. District lines are not considered as such, but they are based on the same geography (with the larger set of teams), so there will be correlation.

So based on the list from the Tennessean, does this look about right:

1: Elizabethon; Johnson Co.; Cumberland Gap; South Greene; Gatlinburg-Pittman; West Greene; Sullivan North; Happy Valley

2: Austin-East; Alcoa; CAK; York; Polk Co.; McMinn Central; Loudon; Kingston

3: Tyner: Bledsoe Co; Sequatchie Co.; Smith Co.; Cannon Co.; Goodpasture; Pearl-Cohn; Camden;

4: Stewart Co.; Fairview; Lewis Co.; Milan; Manassas; Booker T. Washington ; East Literature; Westview

I know it is all hypothetical, but just wanting a good grasp. If so, being in #2 would stink. lol