Memorial Stadium Finale DB @ Science Hill

ArtVandalay

You will have to pardon me for being out of the loop..just curious as to why Science Hill is moving away from Memorial Stadium? Are they constructing a new venue on the SHHS campus or tearing down/rebuilding Memorial?

I had a chance to broadcast a game at Memorial last year. It was a great venue to watch a HS game from. Lot of history and mystique feel to the venue, just like seeing a game at Neyland or Notre Dame Stadium...

Good luck to both teams this weekend. Wish I could attend this classic rivalry.

I believe the feelings were that it is time for a new stadium, terf, they have the space for it they just need the stands, lights, bathrooms, press box, and it is ready to go with the terf. Oh...and a scoreboard tho I am betting fans will want the old one moved and renovated.

And just my opinion, but I believe that JC feels they should have better. Greeneville, Morristown(s), and big Rival Kingsports all have the terf and very nice stadiums....so I would say JC pride dictates that they want a nice big stadium to call their own and be nice and....

wait ....mini...dome.....nvm

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is for sure,if Dobyns-Bennett wants to play in the first round this year,they must win friday night.It's been one of those years,and a lot has had to do with youth and the schedule.Friday night will simply be who wants to play and who wants to pack it in.If you can't get ready for Science Hill,you might as well pack it in.I think we want to play,Roll Tribe !!

I had heard rumors that SH Coach Smith's future is not certain in JC. A win over DB would help him out bigtime. Another loss to the Tribe and he may be updating his Resume.

Are the Hilltoppers planning anything special for this Game? If not, they have missed a chance to do that Stadium Proud.

DB GRAD 1978-1982

Roll Tribe Roll

have not heard if anything special is going on other than senior night . but will post if i find out anything. but i agree retire her in style

I have not heard of anything special being planned for Friday night but as a former Topper and having two son's who have played for the Toppers at Memorial Stadium I agree something should be done for the final game. There is a great print that is for sale of the stadium which I would hope many former Toppers will buy now that we know the stadium will soon be a memory.

This years team has had to fight through many issues but now is the time to dig deep and play up to the ability they have.

Go Toppers!