Grainger at Greeneville???

DevilMan03

On a different note....I thought it was just a bit pathetic that Grainger put more fans in the stands this week than Chuckey-Doak did last week....and CD brought their band (which was very good) Thanks for supporting your team Grizzly fans. It takes a lot of love to support your team when they're down. See you next year.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devils go into the half up 49-0. Mercy Rule in affect for the 5th straight conference game.

Look out Claiborne we are gonna show you just how overrated you are next week!!!

GO DEVILS!!!

There ya go smackin yerself in tha face....you should be telling everyone how good Claiborne is....they r 8-1 only loss was by two points on a blocked punt with 20 seconds left in the game....then when you win by all these points people would say wow Greenville beat a good team....instead they will just say Claiborne was overrated and were not any good....don't really help the Devils do it....and what if Claiborne keeps it close, or God forbid were to win....it is at Claiborne where some strange things have been known to happen with the zebras....it is in the best interest of the Devils for Claiborne to be good!!!!

Whoa Big Daddy....To be the best, you have to beat the best or at least play the best. If we played Claiborne's creampuff non-conference schedule, we'd be undefeated....whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger and having a tough schedule early galvanized this Devil team...and FYI, Greeneville subbed in the Grainger game midway through the second quarter and played JV most of the second half.

I thought #8 did a great job at QB....is he a Freshman???

Yes Barb he is. He is Tanner Stewart little brother of Tyler Stweart who graduated last year.

And the future does look great for the Devils.

Big Daddy get ready. Greeneville is gonna come to Claiborne and give them a whoopin and make them like it. They have done that 6 times this year. Claiborne is just a Speed bump for the Devils to take the crown for their third year in a row. :thumb:

Whoa Big Daddy....To be the best, you have to beat the best or at least play the best. If we played Claiborne's creampuff non-conference schedule, we'd be undefeated....whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger and having a tough schedule early galvanized this Devil team...and FYI, Greeneville subbed in the Grainger game midway through the second quarter and played JV most of the second half.

I thought #8 did a great job at##F QB....is he a Freshman???

WOW barb I thought you would get it....but apparently not judging from your response above to my post to greeneville#1....you know what people in 4A outside your conference say....Greene ville plays in a weak azz conference (true) the Devils have played 4 good teams all year and lost to three of em(true)....calling the conference co-leader at this time 8-1 and ranked "overrated" and having a creampuff schedule just reinforces their idea, and does nothing to help the Devils, or the conferences perception....as I said in my earlier post a strong Claiborne team is in Greenevilles best interest. So keep on trashing em if it makes you feel good but u r giving ur own team a backhanded smack IMO.

I said in another thread that Greeneville's JV could give most conference teams a run for their money....I have no problem giving credit to other teams....as far as playing your JV vs Grainger so did.... Gibbs 60, Grainger 14 ...which kinda takes the luster off your statement since Gibbs was one of Claiborne's non-conference creampuffs.

I'm glad the fans and parents of Grainger haven't given up on the team. They've always travelled well. You can expect that when they get things together and get back to winning a few it will be an even bigger following.

This move to this classification plan came on the heels of losing a 3-year starter at quarterback and I keep hearing about injuries and kids quitting. I've not gotten to talk with anyone about the team except the AD a time or two, but I would say it's all about the inexperience factor either by attrition or necessity. We've seen this happen on occasion. My advice to everyone...get the Grizz while they're down because things won't always be like this.

And to Claiborne...you guys have really surprised me this season. I really thought you wouldn't make it out of Rebel Hill victorious, but you did so the winner-takes-all district title is up for grabs next week. I still think Greeneville is going to win it, but at this point I won't be surprised if they don't.

I thought #8 did a great job at##F QB....is he a Freshman???

WOW barb I thought you would get it....but apparently not judging from your response above to my post to greeneville#1....you know what people in 4A outside your conference say....Greene ville plays in a weak azz conference (true) the Devils have played 4 good teams all year and lost to three of em(true)....calling the conference co-leader at this time 8-1 and ranked "overrated" and having a creampuff schedule just reinforces their idea, and does nothing to help the Devils, or the conferences perception....as I said in my earlier post a strong Claiborne team is in Greenevilles best interest. So keep on trashing em if it makes you feel good but u r giving ur own team a backhanded smack IMO.

I said in another thread that Greeneville's JV could give most conference teams a run for their money....I have no problem giving credit to other teams....as far as playing your JV vs Grainger so did.... Gibbs 60, Grainger 14 ...which kinda takes the luster off your statement since Gibbs was one of Claiborne's non-conference creampuffs.

DUUUUUUDDDDDEEEEE...If you start the post with my name should I assume the post is directed at me????If so then you had better do back and re-attribute the "overated " to someone else. HOWEVER,

I stand by my statement that Claiborne plays a cream-puff non-con schedule...Claiborne might be the weakest 1 loss team in the AP top 10 and frankly I am shocked to see them at #5 ahead of Fulton. At least our 3 losses came at the hands of 3 very good top 10 teams. I kinda dig that Claiborne comes into this one ranked in the top 5. It will give Prepxtra a great "shocker" headline next Saturday when Greeneville knocks 'em off.

EXCELLENT post bidaddy devil fans can show some class congratulate claiborne on an outstanding season and say good luck next week, or they can act like arrogant buttholes continue to slam a team that they are going to play for their conference title and at the end of the season say our conference really sucks, we really had a bang up season we beat ONE good team all season. It's really quite simple.

EXCELLENT post bidaddy devil fans can show some class congratulate claiborne on an outstanding season and say good luck next week, or they can act like arrogant buttholes continue to slam a team that they are going to play for their conference title and at the end of the season say our conference really sucks, we really had a bang up season we beat ONE good team all season. It's really quite simple.

We are equal opportunity slammers....we talk as much trash to the teams that beat us as our conference foes...We'll congratulate them on an excellent season AFTER the game on Friday. Until then Claiborne is the enemy and as such, subject to as much heat as we can dole out in 7 days on coacht. And so far, Claiborne has beaten the same number of good teams as Greeneville has....but at least we lost to GOOD teams.

barb what works for greeneville don't necessairly work for everyone. Claiborne is where they are at right now because they are fundamentally sound, VERY well coached, and they did exactly what they should have done to be where they are schedule wise. They could have played that tough non conference schedule like greeneville gotten their brains beat out lost confidence and these conference games they have been winning close they would have surely lost, or they could have done just what they did soften up the non conference schedule play a good team in gibbs and build some confidence in a team that physically is no better than CG or SG the very teams they have beaten to be where they are. Sorry, but claiborne did exactly what they should have done to build some confidence and get kids that were walking the halls interested in football, cudos to the bulldogs on a great season.

barb what works for greeneville don't necessairly work for everyone. Claiborne is where they are at right now because they are fundamentally sound, VERY well coached, and they did exactly what they should have done to be where they are schedule wise. They could have played that tough non conference schedule like greeneville gotten their brains beat out lost confidence and these conference games they have been winning close they would have surely lost, or they could have done just what they did soften up the non conference schedule play a good team in gibbs and build some confidence in a team that physically is no better than CG or SG the very teams they have beaten to be where they are. Sorry, but claiborne did exactly what they should have done to build some confidence and get kids that were walking the halls interested in football, cudos to the bulldogs on a great season.

Oh ok, as long as they feel good about themselves its okay to get the fire-snot beat out of them in the play-offs....I totally get it. The cheerleaders must be beside themselves trying to find something that rhymes with mediocre...

Oh ok, as long as they feel good about themselves its okay to get the fire-snot beat out of them in the play-offs....I totally get it. The cheerleaders must be beside themselves trying to find something that rhymes with mediocre...

Winning breeds confidence, and confidence breeds winning, you have obviously never coached a team that had to build something that they had never had before with marginal talent, a winning tradition cause your logic is flawed and would only work with a team with superior talent. With your logic if you coached claiborne they would be home come playoff time watching some other conference team geting the fire-snot beat out of them. I'm sure they will take the playoffs and a cheer of mediocre from their cheerleaders over the alternative.

Ftballfanatic....a voice of reason....how refreshing. I agree 100% with ur posts....I actually live in Morristown and don't know a lot about Claiborne, only saw the Grainger game but when they were the Blue Devils they were my alma mater....so although they are now the Bulldogs I am still proud of the job they have done at a school that has little tradition on the gridiron. Futhermore three of their coaches are either former coaches or players at M-East the school that I taught at. I have seen Greenville play both M-East and M-West for years and they are in a class talent-wise by themselves in the conference they are now in.

barb....you either read what you want into my posts....or it simply passes through the gray-white matter that lies between your ears....skips go, and fails to collect $200. I dunno which so I will refrain from responding to your posts in the future.

Winning breeds confidence, and confidence breeds winning, you have obviously never coached a team that had to build something that they had never had before with marginal talent, a winning tradition cause your logic is flawed and would only work with a team with superior talent. With your logic if you coached claiborne they would be home come playoff time watching some other conference team geting the fire-snot beat out of them. I'm sure they will take the playoffs and a cheer of mediocre from their cheerleaders over the alternative.

No winning might breed confidence but it does not work both ways. I guess I'm just having an issue with you all not standing behind your team....tell me why I shouldn't believe WE will beat the fire-snot out of Claiborne instead of calling us arrogant. I have yet to see one post from a Claiborne fan that even hinted at confidence...that my friend is a confidence-killer.But alas my little fanatical friend I am not a coach, merely a DEVIL FAN and it isn't logic its FOOTBALL. Underestimating the ability of your boys to persevere and overcome will be costly to the program in the long haul. Claiborne is going to have to give up their traditional 1a "rivals" if they are going to be competitive. Its just gonna take a monumental butt-whoopin' to drive home the point.