Creekwood at Camden District 11AA *Title Game*

matt_8777

Creek Wood is just as "battle tested" as Camden. Neither team has played a strong schedule. I actually feel Creek Wood is more "battle tested". Creek Wood's past two games have been struggles because of the field conditions. They had to get away from what they normally did and still won both games. Creek Wood has faced some adversity this year with the absence of what was supposed to be their star player. Others have stepped up to the challenge and played well. Creek Wood also remembers the 1-9 season they had last year. Creek Wood's offense will give Camden's defense a lot of headaches. They have different formations and lots of plays for Camden to prepare for. I don't see Camden being able to contain Creek Wood's run game or stop the passing game consistently. It will be extremely tough for Creek Wood's defense to contain Camden's speed. I do think Creek Wood will be able to slow Camden down enough to get the victory and district title. :blush:

quote]

i dont know how the fields were everywhere else last friday, but Montgomery central's field was terrible...before anyone even stepped on the field you could look across it and see standing water and mud. i think i credited the mud with about twenty tackles for each team that game...like i said i dont know how bad the other fields were, but last week that was the nastiest field ive ever seen a game played on.

i heard from one of Cheatham's coaches that their field was worse than Central's :blush:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheatham's field is in awful shape.

Creek Wood has played Dickson County, Greenbrier, Fairview, & Sycamore. All of those games are against teams that prepare them for this game. They have 23 seniors who have all played in "big games" before and this week should not overwhelm them. The fact that the game is on the road really helps CW because they will get the chance to relax during the afternoon take a trip to west-TN and grab a bite to eat to sort of calm the team attitude before they even get off of the bus. Sometimes in games like these sitting around and waiting all afternoon can be a bad thing because it's easy for 15, 16, & 17 year old kids to get distracted and not maintain focus before a game. Camden is a great football team and their wins over McKenzie, Huntingdon, & Westview support this argument HOWEVER it is also a FLAT OUT LIE to say that they have a more "battle tested schedule" than does Creek Wood. None of Creek Wood's non-district foes are anywhere as terrible as Hollow Rock-Bruceton. We aren't talking about Patrick Willis & Adrien Jamison led Tigers teams now.

Cheatham's field is in awful shape.

Creek Wood has played Dickson County, Greenbrier, Fairview, & Sycamore. All of those games are against teams that prepare them for this game. They have 23 seniors who have all played in "big games" before and this week should not overwhelm them. The fact that the game is on the road really helps CW because they will get the chance to relax during the afternoon take a trip to west-TN and grab a bite to eat to sort of calm the team attitude before they even get off of the bus. Sometimes in games like these sitting around and waiting all afternoon can be a bad thing because it's easy for 15, 16, & 17 year old kids to get distracted and not maintain focus before a game. Camden is a great football team and their wins over McKenzie, Huntingdon, & Westview support this argument HOWEVER it is also a FLAT OUT LIE to say that they have a more "battle tested schedule" than does Creek Wood. None of Creek Wood's non-district foes are anywhere as terrible as Hollow Rock-Bruceton. We aren't talking about Patrick Willis & Adrien Jamison led Tigers teams now.

Well, I wouldn't get on here and call someone a liar for giving their opinion. Second of all, the Bruceton game is a gate game. I think you would be FLAT OUT WRONG if you were to insinuate that that game was scheduled to improve the strength of schedule. That game puts fans in the stands and both programs can use the money. As far as battle tested goes, I think you'd be surprised at how scrappy this team in Benton Co. can be. They are young, but proved their resilience in the McKenzie game and in the redzone against Kennon Holder and the Huntingdon Mustangs. I'll see you in Camden, have a safe trip over everyone.

.gif" alt=":thumb:" title="default" />

And Camden's wing-T offense and multiple scat backs don't require cuts?? :roflol:

Remember Camden relies on speed and deception. The Lions would be hurt MUCH worse by bad field conditions than Creek Wood would. Guarantee Coach Ward will be out on the field with a squeegee, mop and bucket if necessary. That field is his baby...really, no kidding. Seriously...it's his personal pride and joy and he'll ensure it's in the best condition possible.

And Camden's wing-T offense and multiple scat backs don't require cuts?? :roflol:

Remember Camden relies on speed and deception. The Lions would be hurt MUCH worse by bad field conditions than Creek Wood would. Guarantee Coach Ward will be out on the field with a squeegee, mop and bucket if necessary. That field is his baby...really, no kidding. Seriously...it's his personal pride and joy and he'll ensure it's in the best condition possible.

The field is his job from what I hear!! Sounds like a sweet deal for sure. I will say when we played there last year that field looked awesome. Of course that was before the Purple Bulldozers got on it. LOL - Just kidding

The field is his job from what I hear!! Sounds like a sweet deal for sure. I will say when we played there last year that field looked awesome. Of course that was before the Purple Bulldozers got on it. LOL - Just kidding

I know... I keep trying to swing a deal to see if he can be my off season yard guy but he never returns my calls for some reason. :o

Hopefully with a win this week the Guys in Purple will have another shot down the road at ruining Coach's handy work :o

And Camden's wing-T offense and multiple scat backs don't require cuts?? :o

I know... I keep trying to swing a deal to see if he can be my off season yard guy but he never returns my calls for some reason. :roflol:

Hopefully with a win this week the Guys in Purple will have another shot down the road at ruining Coach's handy work :o

Just for discussion between you and I what are they tiebreakers that would determine homefield if both of us run the table and are in the same quad?

I never said Camden's offense didn't depend on cuts. I just said Creek Wood's did and it hurt them not being able to make the cuts. :o

[quote="Lions4ever

I know... I keep trying to swing a deal to see if he can be my off season yard guy but he never returns my calls for some reason. :roflol:

Just for discussion between you and I what are they tiebreakers that would determine homefield if both of us run the table and are in the same quad?

According to the TSSAA they will align the brackets to make sure no two teams will play each other in the first round from the same district so that could change placement regardless of seed. Then they will use the tie breaker system as follows for seeding:

1. head to head

2. number of wins

3 greatest number of victories against teams with a .500 record or greater

4. team whose opponents have the greatest number of victories

5. team whose opponents have the least number of defeats

6. total wins of the opponents of teams defeated

7. teams with the greatest number of victories in their classification

........and then about 40 more things.

So if we both run the table #3 should decide it and as of right now (although that could change with 2 games left in the season)Camden would be #1, Milan #2. Milan would have homefield advantage until/if they were to meet up with Camden, then it would be at Camden.

But...that's all a big if. We still have to TCB this friday before any of this could take place.

Camden is a better team and they are better coached.

Camden 31 CW 21

Hey Camden fans, remember that Jabronski STIFF ARM, up at ya'lls place a couple years ago, it was the first play from scrimmage. off left tackle, run 60 yrds, bust a DEBACK in the mouth, and float in for SIX,

man was that pretty.

Who knows, you just might get another dose in the Quarters. GO DAWGS

Camden 31 CW 21

Hey Camden fans, remember that Jabronski STIFF ARM, up at ya'lls place a couple years ago, it was the first play from scrimmage. off left tackle, run 60 yrds, bust a DEBACK in the mouth, and float in for SIX,

man was that pretty.

Creek is very well coached so dont take that away from them. plenty of guys on here will back me up on that. the score at the end of the game determines the better team. :thumb:

Camden 31 CW 21

man was that pretty.

I hope you guys get the chance to come give the Lions some medicine. I got a feeling Ward and Co. will have a special gameplan for you!

Go Lions and good luck to the Dawgs, I hope we both REP WEST TN LIKE IT DESERVES TO BE!!!!