Oneida vs. Sunbright

kazam37

What are you doing with one of your linemen playing Quarterback? :x

The only QB that could "light up" Oneida's weak D would be ELWAY, not England. We have heard the QB down there has some gifts, but he won't be close to the best QB we have faced this year...that would be Poteete from Dekalb Co.....I even think Shipley of Cumberland Gap was excellent too! So in my book, your boy comes in third place. (at least until he makes me see otherwise!) Plus there is one varible you forgot entirely.......Tony Lambert. Every one of his boys could be "weak", as you say, but they will be in the right place and they will run through walls for him. England is going to be throwing into Oneida's strongest unit....the secondary. There is speed, experience, and hitting ability in every one of them. Poteete got the job done, but I've heard he will be a finalist for the State's Mr.Football Award, something a current Sophmore from Sunbright is not being considered for. If he is in the future....great. Good luck against the "Weak D". :lol:

:roll: Kaz :o

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o Ole Tiger.......? Coach Lambert, on vacation, through the swamps of Polkee, Florida four years ago and found the Woodard Brothers stumbling down an old dirt road chasing rabbits! He says to himself, I'm just going to throw them kids in the back of my truck and haul them up to, of all places in the world, Oneida, Tennessee. Then we are going to convince their dad that this is the only location he can raise his family in the U.S. The real kicker here is, as tough as I'm sure it has been for them, they have stayed and I, for one, kinda admire them for doing so. In case you haven't looked around lately, life ain't easy for any of us........much less a man raising 4 kids.

Believe it or not, they have developed very well under this coaching staff. Sam has prospered because he has learned to use two valuable intruments.....his ears. He had athletic ability, but recognizing his shortfalls as a player have been very beneficial to his development, too. By listening to his coaching staff, there is no question, they will give him a great chance of playing in college somewhere. (what is a full scholarship worth these days?) Will wasn't making a whole lot of headway until this season :lol:. Oh, he had potential as well, but he needed more discipline. Low and behold, this season he is arguably one of Oneida's most discipline players and there is no question it has made him better.

We are happy to have them.....they are turning into really exciting players.....but you can't state for certain that would have happened just any where. Your envy is because it happened here! For that mister, you are way outta line, and Kaz says so!

Kazanity :x

hahaaha you want to talk about future college football prospects you should be talking about Jessie England of Sunbright.

6'3 215 Sophomore and just threw for 300 yards against Oliver Springs with 3 TD's. 25-43 passing IN THE RAIN.

He will light up Oneida's weak D for 400 yards+. The only reason you guys have a few shutouts is because you guys have played the worst offenses in the state. Let's see how you do against the best offense in the state.

Is this the same offense that put whopping 12 on Coalfield? 28 on Red Boiling Springs? 26 on Oakdale? There are teams that can put up those numbers against these three before the lights get on, Oneida being one of them. You guys are a riot. Big reality check Friday night, though. :roll:

I don't usually post on another teams site but having seen OS play both of them if it's alright i'ii give my opinion. Yes Sunbright did put up good numbers against OS last week on a sloppy field against very loose coverage. But I don't think Oneida will be giving them as much space, for sure the best deffense I've seen all year(Oneida). But at the same time don't sell the Sunbright's Qb short, he's a good athelete, and if you give him time he can make you pay. But in my opinion Oneida will be too much for the young men from Sunbright. I believe TL will have a scheme that will keep the Tigers in check, and I know the Tiger's defense can't stop Oneida. No disrespect to the Tigers but you're going against IMO one of the best defensive cord. in east Tenn. and it ain't going to be easy. Good luck to both teams and most importantly hope there's not any injuries.

i think sunbright is highly overrated, but i think their qb is going to be a stud before its over with.. bad news for him is he is facing a very good, very experienced defensive secondary.. i see a couple int's in his near future if not more.. oneida will run all over sunbright and this game will end with the scoreboard showing 34-7 in oneida's favor.

I see where FB'08 is hamming it up on the Wartburg-Oliver Springs Thread. I suppose he forgot the Tigers have a game tonight. :thumb: This game will clinch the conference championship for the Indians....think they will be motivated? :thumb: Dish it out, Boys.....some people need a "heaping" spoonful!

Kazanity :thumb:

Good Luck Tigers! U have some nasty weather conditions to battle tonight, but what else is new when we play Oneida. No team is unbeatable. Good Luck, and play hard, play smart, and keep your heads up, no matter how tough it gets. Oh yeah, Footballer2008, you write like you have a 1st grade education, and it doesn't make you sound cool, just ignorant!

Quiet Day......guess nobody cares....? Oh well, my prediction:

Oneida - 28

Sunbright - 7

I really didn't want to give the Tigers 7 points because I'm not convinced they will score against Lambert's D. Everybody recently is getting the bulk of their yardage in the last 4 or 5 minutes of the game, after the outcome has been decided. Hammer Tme!

Kaz