District 7AA

PurpleGrad

How about that Bledsoe at Grundy game? Any thoughts?

I was surprised by how well the Bledsoe boys were playing, and I think they could possibly be the #2 team in district if they keep playing well. I found it interesting that ,although several of the Grundy players weren't playing as good as I expected, they still had more players step up and take control of the game. And that to me shows how good they really are.

I am eager to see how Bledsoe finishes this year.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequatchie won at Chattanooga Christian in overtime, 60-55. CCS, from the recent results, seems to have been playing good ball lately and at times did tonight. 13-10 Sequatchie after 1, SC's Cartwright scored 9 straight in the first three minutes of the second, 22-10. CCS then countered with a 13-0 run and scored in the closing seconds of the half to lead 25-24.

Another run by SC to open the third, 35-24 with 4:00 left, 40-29 after 3. Same situation in the fourth, CCS comes back and cuts it to 1, 43-42 halfway through the fourth. Sequatchie is ahead 2, misses a FT with a minute to go. CCS drives to the basket, a charge could have been called but wasn't, 44-44. Sequatchie worked the last 30 seconds and got a good shot, just didn't go in.

Overtime, CCS goes ahead by 2 right away but Sequatchie's Kilgore hits a 3. From there Sequatchie makes nearly every FT, goes ahead 55-49. With 20 seconds left CCS makes a 3 that shouldn't have counted as the shooter didn't call off the backboard :thumb:, Sequatchie made a few more very late FT to win by 5.

For Sequatchie, Cartwright scored 26 and was 11-12 from the line, 8-8 in overtime. He had zero turnovers through four quarters, one in overtime as he lost the ball going to the basket. Sequatchie had 8 for the game, CCS had twice that amount. Kilgore had 16 points, all but 2 after halftime and Cordell had 9 points, 9 rebounds, 3 steals.

Sequatchie won at Chattanooga Christian in overtime, 60-55. CCS, from the recent results, seems to have been playing good ball lately and at times did tonight. 13-10 Sequatchie after 1, SC's Cartwright scored 9 straight in the first three minutes of the second, 22-10. CCS then countered with a 13-0 run and scored in the closing seconds of the half to lead 25-24.

Another run by SC to open the third, 35-24 with 4:00 left, 40-29 after 3. Same situation in the fourth, CCS comes back and cuts it to 1, 43-42 halfway through the fourth. Sequatchie is ahead 2, misses a FT with a minute to go. CCS drives to the basket, a charge could have been called but wasn't, 44-44. Sequatchie worked the last 30 seconds and got a good shot, just didn't go in.

Overtime, CCS goes ahead by 2 right away but Sequatchie's Kilgore hits a 3. From there Sequatchie makes nearly every FT, goes ahead 55-49. With 20 seconds left CCS makes a 3 that shouldn't have counted as the shooter didn't call off the backboard :thumb:, Sequatchie made a few more very late FT to win by 5.

For Sequatchie, Cartwright scored 26 and was 11-12 from the line, 8-8 in overtime. He had zero turnovers through four quarters, one in overtime as he lost the ball going to the basket. Sequatchie had 8 for the game, CCS had twice that amount. Kilgore had 16 points, all but 2 after halftime and Cordell had 9 points, 9 rebounds, 3 steals.

Good Job SC....Indian..Was CCS a physical team tonight? how many charges were called ...I think MC had 45 called against us the night we played them...lol

If you mean physical as in throwing a forearm to the jaw of a player who gained a rebound, 3 feet from a ref looking in that direction; shoving a player to the ground and getting only a regular foul, not an intentional, as physical, then yes they were physical. As for the charges, there was one called out of four potentially. The only one, the player was called right as he started going, after getting the ball and spinning into a defender. The others, there was plenty of dribbling before the contact, plenty of time for players to be set and ready, and I thought they were on each occasion. I'm just happy there was no defensive foul called on the last non-charge, it could have been a game-winner for CCS if they'd called the same as previously (what I felt was a bad call).

If you mean physical as in throwing a forearm to the jaw of a player who gained a rebound, 3 feet from a ref looking in that direction; shoving a player to the ground and getting only a regular foul, not an intentional, as physical, then yes they were physical. As for the charges, there was one called out of four potentially. The only one, the player was called right as he started going, after getting the ball and spinning into a defender. The others, there was plenty of dribbling before the contact, plenty of time for players to be set and ready, and I thought they were on each occasion. I'm just happy there was no defensive foul called on the last non-charge, it could have been a game-winner for CCS if they'd called the same as previously (what I felt was a bad call).

Yep sounds like the same CCS we played.....and maybe the same officals.. :oops:

I didn't think the officiating at CCS was absolutely horrible, other than the charge calls and letting CCS get out of hand on the "physical play" a couple of times. I thought the officiating in the Howard game tonight-at Sequatchie-was absolutely horribly after halftime. Howard won 61-39. You try to look at it from the refs' point of view, thinking they might have seen it differently from where they were, but too many times tonight I had absolutely no idea what they were thinking. There was very little consistency on what was called a foul, what was a travel, especially through most of the second half.

It may have not mattered anyway the way Howard dominated the boards for second shots but Sequatchie did stay close for a while. 35-27 at the half. 35-30 early in the third on a Sequatchie 3 but Howard got it to 40-30 before the 7:00 mark, then the whistles were clearly put away. 52-32 after 3.

Howard maintained the lead by around that margin for the rest of the game, and when it became clear Sequatchie wasn't coming back magically Howard began being called for traveling, personal fouls, that they rarely were in the second half. Again, Sequatchie didn't play well regardless of the officiating.

For Sequatchie, Cartwright had 22 points and Kilgore scored 11. Each shot relatively well, considering the opponent. Turnovers weren't a huge problem except in the third quarter when it was "anything goes."

• 2 weeks later...