District 7AA

PurpleGrad

Sequatchie has only completed the first half of the district schedule, and is at 3-1 after winning at Bledsoe Monday 74-64. Bledsoe led at the half 36-29. Sequatchie won the third quarter convincingly 21-8. For Sequatchie Cartwright scored 31 and Cordell had 24. Worthington and Brown each had 20 for Bledsoe with Brown hitting 6 threes.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequatchie 81-61 over Notre Dame at home Tuesday. It was a lot closer than that for a while, 5 point lead for Sequatchie at the half, 56-48 after three. Notre Dame failed to score until 3:00 left in the game and Sequatchie built the lead to close to 25 points. Indians had 4 in double figure scoring with Cordell scoring 21, Cartwright 17 and 7 assists, Kilgore 14 with four threes, Smith 11 points and 10 rebounds, also had good production off the bench. Sequatchie made 9-16 on 3s with five players making at least one, Notre Dame was 6-21.

Bledsoe gained a regular season split, winning at Sequatchie in overtime 71-70. Sequatchie led 11-3 to start, Bledsoe cut it to 16-13 after one. Bledsoe took the lead late in the second quarter and led 33-28 at the half. Bledsoe led by as much as 9 in the third, still led 48-45 after three. 60-55 Bledsoe with 1:30 left, Sequatchie's Cartwright cuts it to three and Kilgore ties it with a three with 15 seconds left.

In overtime, Sequatchie led 65-62 with about 90 seconds to go, Bledsoe cuts it to 1, then a shot plus the free throw puts them ahead 67-65. Cartwright ties it with 40 seconds left then Kilgore's 3 puts Sequatchie ahead 70-67 late. Less than 10 seconds to go, Sequatchie is called for a foul on a three, it looked like a clean strip but the whistle blew. Bledsoe makes the first two, then the ball goes out of bounds on Sequatchie after the third free throw misses. Three seconds left, Bledsoe gets the ball inbounds to Worthington in the lane, and the go-ahead shot is made.

For Sequatchie, Cordell had his third 20+ game of the week, 24 points. Cartwright scored 19 with 7 assists, Smith scored 14. Kilgore had 13, 7 assists. Worthington looked to have led Bledsoe in scoring and other players also helped especially on threes. Offensive rebounds for Bledsoe were a big part of their win.

It depends on what happened between Grundy and Notre Dame tonight and what happens between Sequatchie and Grundy Thursday.

The Bledsoe loss was disappointing, 4 points scored by Bledsoe very late, but it was one game out of an 8-game district schedule, and one game out of 26 or so regular season games. Sequatchie played well for the most part vs CCS, 33-13 at the half, 44-21 in the third quarter when the starters were pulled for good. All 15 players saw at least a little action, 50-27. The second half went very quickly with only three fouls called, and really no more than that seemed to be needed. Smith had 14 points, Cartwright 11 for Sequatchie.

Let's just say ND probably shot 70% or more the whole game and maybe missed 5 shots in the second half. They would throw it over their shoulder walking away from the basket and it would be nothing but net. That didn't happen but that's how their luck was that night. I think Grundy lost by 10. If ND shot like that every game they would be #1 in district.

I'd say any team shooting 70 percent would be leading their district, no matter if it was in the valley, Chattanooga or Memphis. :thumb:

The district tournament should be almost set. Chattanooga Christian vs Bledsoe, winner advances to face the district #1, loser is done. Notre Dame is 3rd and will play the #2. If Sequatchie beats Grundy by more than 3 (margin last game) Sequatchie is first in the tournament. If Grundy loses by 1 or 2, or wins, Grundy is first. Not sure what happens if Sequatchie wins on a late three-pointer. At least they're not using the coin flip any longer.

The tie-breaker didn't matter, Grundy won by 2, 51-49. Either team could win if they play again in the district tournament but neither can overlook their first round game. Sequatchie took advantage of the height inside and led 26-21 at the half, I thought they could have led by more than that but let some easy scoring chances get away. Sequatchie led by as much as 7 in the third quarter but Grundy got it to 34-33 with a late run and carried that momentum into the fourth. Grundy took the lead for good with about 5:00 left, 40-38. Grundy led by as much as 5, Sequatchie made it 49-47 with a 3 with 2:00 left. Grundy was put at the line for 1&1 late, missed the front end but got critical offensive rebounds two different times, those were just killers. Grundy got it to 4 very late, Sequatchie made a shot in the closing seconds to cut it to 51-49.

Good job showing your true colors Sequatchie. Honestly, that very aggressive push in the back by Tyler Kilgore was 100% unnessecary. Then your fans jump in trying to cause a fight to break out... Real classy if I must say.

This is not good. Our cover is blown. We, Sequatchie County as a whole, have shown our true colors, not those of Purple and Gold, but the dark colors of Deceit and Shame. Our fans have caused a scene of pure terror. We lurk in the shadows. We consider ourselves creepers, waiting for the right time to deal out aggressive pushes in the back and when things go the wrong way we send our fans in who intentionally try to cause a brawl. Today is a sad day for Sequatchie County. All these years we've gone unsuspected by the outside world of being the maniacal rule breakers we are, but now, the one they call Rubberboots has unmasked us, and our true intentions of undermining everything that District 7AA High School Boys Basketball stands for. Not only was it unnecessary, it was 100% unnecessary. Thank you Rubberboots, for opening our eyes to this revelation. We shall try, in your honor, to uphold all that is good and just in this valley, and may there never be another very aggressive push in the back again.