Pearl Cohn @ David Lipscomb

FIREBIRD80

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a fact that you draw from multiple schools and it is a fact that LIPSCOMB DOES NOT RECRUUIT! Lets just talk facts. Tell me one player that was recruited, And I will give at least 3 rules in favor of public schools. 1. The multiplier 2. Teams composed of players from multiple schools 3. Open zoning in several districts esp. in the east 4. School transfer by reason of change of address. Want more? Let your facts do the talking!

:thumb: Your mommy and daddy have been telling you your better than others for so long its just funny to watch :thumb:

Fact is...back in the day....if we were good enough to win the district we got a first round visit to BA. They didn't recruit either :thumb:

The glare of that silver spoon in your mouth is blurring your vision.

Look at Giles County's district and schedule this year. It's a cake-walk. Let them get a piece of the District 10 action, and they wouldn't have that kind of record. I bet he beat-up girls in Elementary School and bragged about it!

-snd

Giles is in a weak district.But they would still have a '' good '' record.

As for recruiting.........open enrollment is probably worse..........But you play

the hand thats dealt and dont cry about it.

All the GC players and fans I know are proud of the battles they had

with DL. Some of the best high school games I have seen.

Best of luck to PC & DL..................but GO MUSTANGS.

It is a fact that you draw from multiple schools and it is a fact that LIPSCOMB DOES NOT RECRUUIT! Lets just talk facts. Tell me one player that was recruited, And I will give at least 3 rules in favor of public schools. 1. The multiplier 2. Teams composed of players from multiple schools 3. Open zoning in several districts esp. in the east 4. School transfer by reason of change of address. Want more? Let your facts do the talking!

:thumb: Your mommy and daddy have been telling you your better than others for so long its just funny to watch :thumb:

Fact is...back in the day....if we were good enough to win the district we got a first round visit to BA. They didn't recruit either :thumb:

MAN!!! Nothing going on on the GC thread???????????????????????/

Go home man and make your troubles there. :D

Giles would go somewhere around the 7-3 mark if they were in District 10-AA in my opinion. Giles would be 8-2 or even 9-1 if they were in District 9-AA in my opinion.

District 10-AA is very tough. Pearl-Cohn, David Lipscomb, Whites Creek, Maplewood, East Literature, & CPA all have a great opportunity to still go to the playoffs. CPA would have to go as a "wild card" now and the rest of those teams could still win the district title.

7-3 is still is very good record and Giles would be a playoff team this year with the players that they have on the field but they also have a very strong group of seniors and when those guys are gone it would be a tough road for the Bobcats. Players like Bo Wallace & Tobias Houston are very rare every decade for a "county school".

Being from Cheatham County I know this for a fact. From 2003-2005 the Cubs had a great core of players but those kinds of seasons don't last forever. Giles has had a great run from 2006-2009 but I don't look for it to continue forever. At some point they will have to reload again and I just wonder whether or not O'Conner is going to be there for that process or if he will wind up at Lincoln County during the process...............only time will tell :thumb:

Giles would go somewhere around the 7-3 mark if they were in District 10-AA in my opinion. Giles would be 8-2 or even 9-1 if they were in District 9-AA in my opinion.

District 10-AA is very tough. Pearl-Cohn, David Lipscomb, Whites Creek, Maplewood, East Literature, & CPA all have a great opportunity to still go to the playoffs. CPA would have to go as a "wild card" now and the rest of those teams could still win the district title.

7-3 is still is very good record and Giles would be a playoff team this year with the players that they have on the field but they also have a very strong group of seniors and when those guys are gone it would be a tough road for the Bobcats. Players like Bo Wallace & Tobias Houston are very rare every decade for a "county school".

Being from Cheatham County I know this for a fact. From 2003-2005 the Cubs had a great core of players but those kinds of seasons don't last forever. Giles has had a great run from 2006-2009 but I don't look for it to continue forever. At some point they will have to reload again and I just wonder whether or not O'Conner is going to be there for that process or if he will wind up at Lincoln County during the process...............only time will tell :thumb:

I agree..............10AA is very tough.

I remember one particular beating the Cubs put on us.2005.........ouch!

I can see most of the coaching staff gone in maybe two years.JMO.

Good luck to the Cubs.........And I think the Mustangs MAY pull this one out with a little luck.

The Firebirds have some star players for sure guys. Here are a few to keep an eye on:

#11 (QB): Jawaun Wilson

#6 & #27 (RB): DeAnthony Hall & Montrieze Lillard

#2 & #23 (WR): Nick Hill & David Sanders

#8 (TE): Michael Slifka

#50 (OL): Levi Wilson

#36 & #53 (DL): Darrell Fitzgerald & Andre Hyde

#27, #26 & #28 (LB): Montrieze Lillard, Jamie Amos & Nicholas Dance

#1 & #3 (DB): Richard Taylor & Jestin Williams

This is a great list. Howdoitknow, being the guru that you are and we appreciate all of your knowledge, do you know how many of these players actually go to MLK and use the co-op program to play football at PC since MLK does not have a team? I know for a fact that both leading WR go to MLK in Sanders and Hill. Are there others? Is MLK the only school that feeds into PC for football?

Why do you want to know? Does the list scare you? It sounds like it does. It doesn't matter if they "actually" go to MLK, for this game they are all playing DL.

The fans will be there and the atmosphere will be wonderful. The field is in excellent shape and a little rain will do little to worson it. Should be clear by gametime.How many kids do we have playing from another school....ZERO ! Pearl has kids from their own school plus another whole school. Do they factor both schools' numbers for classification. No they do not and how fair is that? Put the numbers together and let them play 6a ball like other schools with a draw that size.How many 1st year tranfers do we get eligibility for ? You get the picture. Public has every rule in their favor yet still make excuses, except for those who have figured it out. It is having consistency in the

program and families buying into it that puts a program above others.Public or private(not the recruiters who give financial packages to atheletes)!Go mustangs

This is the first post I have read were a DL fan was whinning before the game was played. There was quite a bit of whine after that public school from Memphis beat you in the play-offs. Did you ever get the signs back and the dressing room cleaned up? Consistency in the program and families buying in to it, have not been enough this year for a perfect season, although you are having a good season. Why such fuss? Public schools are willing to play you, be thankful.

Likeasock,

I figure you're a former Giles County player who doesn't want to tell the truth to his children and grandchildren some day about how his team couldn't beat the Lipscomb team. Therefore, you make the story easier to tell and say they recruited. Have you ever seen a team who recruits play 180 lb guys on the OL? The answer is no. This year DL is bigger on the OL, but I'm sorry the story is not that flattering if you tell the truth about the past few years. (The truth being we have a few very good players and quite a few role players.) Therefore, you'll modify it and say "they" recruit and feed your ego with a made-up story. I would invite you to look at the background (real research instead of a cheap lie) about the best 3 players on every Lipscomb team for the last 10 years. You'll find they all went to Lipscomb for some time, or were always at Lipscomb.

Now get off this forum, unless you have something to contribute to the discussion about DL and PC.

-snd

List up nutcase. Like a rock is one of my favorite posters on the boards and you are being insulting. If you can type big enough, or if you grow big enough, get him off the forum and while you are at it, me too. It sounds like you are trying to be a big man which is easy to do in front of a computor screen. It makes me mad when one poster tells another to get off one forum or another. He was discussing the Pearl-C. DL game. The Lipsters started the discussion about how Pearl had some unfair advantage and he answered you back.

Look at Giles County's district and schedule this year. It's a cake-walk. Let them get a piece of the District 10 action, and they wouldn't have that kind of record. I bet he beat-up girls in Elementary School and bragged about it!

-snd

Giles is in a weak district.But they would still have a '' good '' record.

As for recruiting.........open enrollment is probably worse..........But you play

the hand thats dealt and dont cry about it.

All the GC players and fans I know are proud of the battles they had

with DL. Some of the best high school games I have seen.

Best of luck to PC & DL..................but GO MUSTANGS.

Well the DL fans are crying. You need to speak to them, specifically.

:D Your mommy and daddy have been telling you your better than others for so long its just funny to watch :D

Fact is...back in the day....if we were good enough to win the district we got a first round visit to BA. They didn't recruit either :angry:

MAN!!! Nothing going on on the GC thread???????????????????????/

Go home man and make your troubles there. :roll:

I hope you are kidding. No one mentioned Giles County until one of the Lipsters did. This has now turned into a DL, Pearl, Giles, forum, I suppose, so he belongs here. Actually he belongs anywhere he chooses to be. I think that like a rock is Like a Rock!

I hope you are kidding. No one mentioned Giles County until one of the Lipsters did. This has now turned into a DL, Pearl, Giles, forum, I suppose, so he belongs here. Actually he belongs anywhere he chooses to be. I think that like a rock is Like a Rock!

No, I am not kidding..................Your idol likearockforbrains brought it up by downing teams

that has kicked his but for so many years.You should go back to the GC thread with him because

you two dont have enough class to be posting on a DL or PC topic.Yall just tryin to start trouble

as always.