Powell @ Central

osunut2

Both of these teams control their own destiny. If Powell wins, they are in playoffs. If Central wins, they can earn a playoff berth with a win versus Halls next week.

This is a complete wild card game. Central started the season 0-4; in consecutive weeks, the Bobcats thrashed Karns and Hardin Valley, gave Clinton its toughest game thus far, but followed it all up with a stunning loss to Campbell County. With the exception of Powell's blowout loss against Karns, the Panthers have managed to keep themselves in position for a playoff spot.

Powell hasn't had trouble scoring points this season, but they have had 3 major problems this season - fumbles, offensive holding penalties, and poor play in the secondary. Central finally found their stride on offense, until their hiccup against Campbell County. It is Senior Night for Central, which will be a factor.

What are everyone's thoughts on this game?

There's really not much to think about from a Powell perspective. If Powell wins, they are in the playoffs as the number three from the district no matter what happens in week ten, which is Powell's off week. If they lose, their chances of getting a wildcard berth are very, very slim, given the tweaks the TSSAA has made in the wildcard selection process.

As Coach Lowe told me on the air two weeks ago, Powell's playoffs pretty much started against Campbell County.

Have seen both teams play this season and I gotta give the edge to Central. Love Powells two running backs, talented players, but no other playmakers on the field, and yes of all teams Clinton has played this season, Powell has the worst secondary I have seen. Central does have a pretty good QB, and some playmakers out wide, look out for #36 for Central, fastest kid around, and knows how to score when he gets the ball. Central wins at home 28-21. Sorry Powell

Have seen both teams play this season and I gotta give the edge to Central. Love Powells two running backs, talented players, but no other playmakers on the field, and yes of all teams Clinton has played this season, Powell has the worst secondary I have seen. Central does have a pretty good QB, and some playmakers out wide, look out for #36 for Central, fastest kid around, and knows how to score when he gets the ball. Central wins at home 28-21. Sorry Powell

Just curious, and not saying that Powell is going to win the game on Friday, but in each team's last outing, Central lost to Campbell County 12-7 (then an open date this past Friday), while Powell shut out Campbell County 26-0 this past Friday.

Again, not a prediction by me on the Powell-Central outcome. My point is that comparing how teams do against one particular opponent doesn't really mean much and generally isn't an accurate indication. You have to look at the entire body of work, or the entire season.

Like I have said, Powell and Central are both young teams who have played well at times this year, and not played so well at other times. I don't think anybody really has a good feel for what is going to happen Friday night. Guess they will just have to play the game and find out. ^_^

Looks like alot of people are excited about this game juging by all the responses :D Cant believe they are showing this game on TV and not Clinton vs OR. Smart Move

Or perhaps the fans are just interested in playing the game and not trash talking on a message board?

Just a thought. :angry: