Claiborne at South Greene

lastyear21

I don't see how you can read a post on another thread about something nice that a kid from greeneville did and derive from it that I don't think you all have any pride in your programs...I don't get touchy when county folks rag on us about how we're better cause we have this or that.....we're better because we've been at it longer and have built a program from the pee-wees up. The county programs are just beginning that kind of building and I like what I'm seeing with the FB programs at ALL the county schools. These kids should all be commended for the hard work they put into their sport and studies. I don't think you should think me arrogant for recognizing a kid who finds the time to give a little something back to the community as well.

Chaz is a good kid, I'm not taking anything from him. I know of a few SG players that help coach the lil guys too. I'm sure the other high schools have players who help too. I think it's great when the big guys come out and work with the kids, they should be encouraged to do so. I think the big ones get more from it than the little ones. That's not the arrogant part I was referring to. I'm really not touchy I just wish the Greeneville fans wouldn't talk down the county teams, we are what we are and always have been. We are not jealous of you nor do we wish we were you, we are quite proud to be who we are. There has just never been so much downing of our schools that I can remember before you guys came on the scene this year. It's always just been a pretty good rivalry at game time and then we let it go and remain friends, but with you all it just goes on and on and on. I think it's time to move on.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how you can read a post on another thread about something nice that a kid from greeneville did and derive from it that I don't think you all have any pride in your programs...I don't get touchy when county folks rag on us about how we're better cause we have this or that.....we're better because we've been at it longer and have built a program from the pee-wees up. The county programs are just beginning that kind of building and I like what I'm seeing with the FB programs at ALL the county schools. These kids should all be commended for the hard work they put into their sport and studies. I don't think you should think me arrogant for recognizing a kid who finds the time to give a little something back to the community as well.

Chaz is a good kid, I'm not taking anything from him. I know of a few SG players that help coach the lil guys too. I'm sure the other high schools have players who help too. I think it's great when the big guys come out and work with the kids, they should be encouraged to do so. I think the big ones get more from it than the little ones. That's not the arrogant part I was referring to. I'm really not touchy I just wish the Greeneville fans wouldn't talk down the county teams, we are what we are and always have been. We are not jealous of you nor do we wish we were you, we are quite proud to be who we are. There has just never been so much downing of our schools that I can remember before you guys came on the scene this year. It's always just been a pretty good rivalry at game time and then we let it go and remain friends, but with you all it just goes on and on and on. I think it's time to move on.

I was not talking down the county teams in my post to LY about seeding....its a fact. Because WG and CG did not finish in the top 2 spots they will be seeded lower in the play-offs. Thats the way it works. Right now it looks like WG will be a 6 seed and as such will play the 3 seed which right now looks like AE. How Greeneville is seeded will depend greatly on whether they win the conference or not...but could be seeded as high as #2 or 3 if they win on Friday. I think its kind of a stupid and incredibly unfair system and I expect to hear alot of complaint after the play-off brackets are announced on Saturday.

I was not talking down the county teams in my post to LY about seeding....its a fact. Because WG and CG did not finish in the top 2 spots they will be seeded lower in the play-offs. Thats the way it works. Right now it looks like WG will be a 6 seed and as such will play the 3 seed which right now looks like AE. How Greeneville is seeded will depend greatly on whether they win the conference or not...but could be seeded as high as #2 or 3 if they win on Friday. I think its kind of a stupid and incredibly unfair system and I expect to hear alot of complaint after the play-off brackets are announced on Saturday.

Yeah, I think the whole Z plan is a big mess. It had some schools actually traveling farther to play than closer. Looks like they just wanted more play-off games so they can get more green in their pockets. It doesn't make much sense for teams from 2 different classifications (3A/4A) to be in the same conference and 4 or 5 from it go to play-offs. Where you play in the season is where you should be in play-offs. That must have made too much sense.

I guess T$$AA's philosophy is if it ain't broke, let's fix it.

Man just let it go........ it doesn't matter much who goes to the play-offs in 3a from the Blue-Ridge this year. They will still be seeded in the bottom 4 and have to play a top tier team and frankly I don't think, either of you have the horses to compete. I'd like to think Greeneville will get past the first round but that's gonna depend on the outcome of the Claiborne game and how T$$AA seeds us in quad 1.

Hey guess what, the 3A teams could care a less what Greeneville fans think about them. Don't think this board has anything to do with Greeneville. Not sure why the G fans want to try and make every board about them, but this one isn't.

well who is your team? i dont think it is SG, and if you dont care bout 3a its not Claiborne..SO?