Claiborne at South Greene

lastyear21

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After last weeks heartbreaker, can the Rebels get fired up enough pull of this upset?

I sure hope they do. Their record really doesn't do them justice. C Gap is probably about even with SG. If WG had a tougher non-con schedule they wouldn't have the record they have, nothing impressive about them. Actually I think they were tougher last year. They don't have a rusher anywhere close to last year's Ward. Crockett and Cocke Co would have beat WG to death. They just caught SG on a bad night of play calling. Our D has struggled all season, that's no secret, only a couple of playmakers. Hope they get it together and get a win this week. We need the last two wins badly.

After last weeks heartbreaker, can the Rebels get fired up enough pull of this upset?

I sure hope they do. Their record really doesn't do them justice. C Gap is probably about even with SG. If WG had a tougher non-con schedule they wouldn't have the record they have, nothing impressive about them. Actually I think they were tougher last year. They don't have a rusher anywhere close to last year's Ward. Crockett and Cocke Co would have beat WG to death. They just caught SG on a bad night of play calling. Our D has struggled all season, that's no secret, only a couple of playmakers. Hope they get it together and get a win this week. We need the last two wins badly.

If SG can contain fuson and the qb they will be fine. The other kid claiborne brings in isn't bad, but fuson makes them tick. If CG doesn't spot them 20 in the 1st qtr its a different ballgame. Claiborne will struggle because playing at south greene is hard...very hard. And then next week...well we all know how that'll go. But as for this week...good luck Rebs...you got more support than you know!! :thumb:

If SG can contain fuson and the qb they will be fine. The other kid claiborne brings in isn't bad, but fuson makes them tick. If CG doesn't spot them 20 in the 1st qtr its a different ballgame. Claiborne will struggle because playing at south greene is hard...very hard. And then next week...well we all know how that'll go. But as for this week...good luck Rebs...you got more support than you know!! :thumb:

Gee veerman a Cumberland Gap guy pulling for a Greene County team vs a Claiborne team....I'm disappointed....the Gap IS in Claiborne County after all....that would be like barb pulling for Claiborne vs the Rebels.

The Bulldogs know it will be a tough game, and there are never any easy games when you go on the road....I doubt SG is any harder place to play than at the Gap so last weeks game should have the Dawgs ready for a hostile environment....hopefully the zebra's will be fair....It should be a good one.

Gee veerman a Cumberland Gap guy pulling for a Greene County team vs a Claiborne team....I'm disappointed....the Gap IS in Claiborne County after all....that would be like barb pulling for Claiborne vs the Rebels.

The Bulldogs know it will be a tough game, and there are never any easy games when you go on the road....I doubt SG is any harder place to play than at the Gap so last weeks game should have the Dawgs ready for a hostile environment....hopefully the zebra's will be fair....It should be a good one.

I know i know bigdaddy. But I tell you what...after the CG/SG game...i haven nothing but the utmost respect for the rebs. Plus...they're a 3a team...like CG...and therefore they get my nod in this one!

And i guarantee you that SG is harder to play at than CG! And as for getting a fair shake from the zebras in greene co...FORGET IT man!!! Every person in Greene Co. will agree with me on that one. Even Barb!! lol I see this one being a pretty close game regardless of who I'm pulling for. Claiborne will struggle stopping SG i think...and on the flipside, SG may have trouble stopping claiborne as well. This may be the second time this year that a team from claiborne co has went to SG and got in a shootout with the rebs!!! Hope you guys have a safe trip up there and back and hope the game is injury free. B)

I know i know bigdaddy. But I tell you what...after the CG/SG game...i haven nothing but the utmost respect for the rebs. Plus...they're a 3a team...like CG...and therefore they get my nod in this one!

And i guarantee you that SG is harder to play at than CG! And as for getting a fair shake from the zebras in greene co...FORGET IT man!!! Every person in Greene Co. will agree with me on that one. Even Barb!! lol I see this one being a pretty close game regardless of who I'm pulling for. Claiborne will struggle stopping SG i think...and on the flipside, SG may have trouble stopping claiborne as well. This may be the second time this year that a team from claiborne co has went to SG and got in a shootout with the rebs!!! Hope you guys have a safe trip up there and back and hope the game is injury free. :roflol:

I guess I'll give u a pass just this once....but we got to start pulling for each other Greene County got us outnumbered....besides coach Shipley is a former Claiborne Blue Devil.

Trust me between teaching at Greeneville (I believe I had barb as a student ) and being a head coach for longer than I care to remember ( in the sport where the ball is round ) I know all about taking teams into Greene County....still say if the zebras are fair SG will not be anymore hostile than the Gap....and it has been that way since we were Blue Devils vs Indians. JMO

They looked impressive carrying the Can off of the field last Fri. night. :roflol:

You Sg fans just can't handle the fact that WG is better and will be for quite a while.

And i guarantee you that SG is harder to play at than CG! And as for getting a fair shake from the zebras in greene co...FORGET IT man!!! Every person in Greene Co. will agree with me on that one. Even Barb!! lol I see this one being a pretty close game regardless of who I'm pulling for. Claiborne will struggle stopping SG i think...and on the flipside, SG may have trouble stopping claiborne as well. This may be the second time this year that a team from claiborne co has went to SG and got in a shootout with the rebs!!! Hope you guys have a safe trip up there and back and hope the game is injury free. :roflol:

I guess I'll give u a pass just this once....but we got to start pulling for each other Greene County got us outnumbered....besides coach Shipley is a former Claiborne Blue Devil.

Trust me between teaching at Greeneville (I believe I had barb as a student ) and being a head coach for longer than I care to remember ( in the sport where the ball is round ) I know all about taking teams into Greene County....still say if the zebras are fair SG will not be anymore hostile than the Gap....and it has been that way since we were Blue Devils vs Indians. JMO

Unless you were coaching in North Mississippi in the 60's there's no way you had me as a student.....