District 7AA for 2009-10

basketballnut

Maybe.

I guess I'm giving Iamthatguy the benefit of the doubt because his post says nothing about the player in question losing the game. I believe he actually complimented her previous play by saying she rarely makes mistakes. His second statement about her unexpected mistakes is what you all are interpreting as saying she lost the game. DRAMA!

As to the NBA player reference. This is about the second time you have mentioned it in your posts. It's an ANALOGY about style of play. Not physical strength, skill, or ability. She see's the floor "like"...

DRAMA!

If this is just an attempt to keep the 7AA topic at the top of the page just reply "BUMP."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Warriors" originally posted this:

I agree with how good Haley Meeks can be. Being that I'm old school it reminds me of how a Larry Bird or Magic Johnson played. Her passing skills and court awareness of where the ball should be passed for her team to score easy buckets in transition is phenominal. The skills that she's got can't be taught. It's something that all players need, but few players obtain. So with her leading Grundy and the talent she has around her the skies are the limit.

"LoveGuru", who appears to be from the Knoxville area and has no specific interest in any of the local teams, was the only one I saw responding to it with this, I never brought it up and never even saw LoveGuru's post until I re-read the freshman topic to see if the McMinn Central girl was already included.

I agree she is extremely talented, but comparing any high school female ball player ever to Bird or Magic is ridiculous. I give the girl her do, she is extremely gifted, lets just not jump off the deep end about it.

Iamthatguy posted that all the guard could do against CCS was make mistakes. He was complimenting last year's point for making few mistakes, not this year's. The bus photo was over the top but was added to point out how ridiculous I thought his post was. But if you all think it's okay to single out individual players to excess-both for the negative and for the positive, feel free to post away from here on out as you won't get any more criticism from me on it.

In no way at all was I talking personally bad about the Freshmen pt guard. I think right now as a Freshmen she sees the floor better than the Sr. pt. gd last year. I have seen 3 games this year and the 2 I watched she really impressed me and the CCS game she did not play as good. I agree with the post that she has only played a few varsity games and that is to be expected her messing up. I apologize if her or her family took my post the wrong way.

As for being a stalker...nowhere close. I just enjoy watching good girls basketball. I like watching this district. People do like to start stuff and make it drama, but in no way was I trying to do that.

Sorry iamthatguy for being rude. People are overreacting about losing one game. Yeah, everyone makes turnovers, but you can't say a lose is just one players fault. If memory serves me correctly Meeks had CCS's best player(in my oninion) guarding her. That is where someone else on the team should have stepped up and took the lead instead of blaming the freshman point guard. Grundy needs to quit being so dramatic about a lose, they are (8-1) for god's sake. People dream to have a record like that.

Next, players need to stay off this board and quit filling their heads with nonsense. What people say on here are their opinions. If everything people wrote were true these forums would be boring.

Marion 63-50 over Sequatchie Friday night. 14-14 after one, 30-29 Sequatchie at the half. Marion is ahead 40-39 with about 3 minutes left in the third but in the biggest stretch of the game scores the last 7 points, leads 47-39 going into the fourth.

Fourth quarter, Marion is ahead 51-42 with four minutes left but doesn't score again until 1:20 left in the game. Sequatchie gets threes by Carlton and Barker, the second with 1:30 left makes it 53-50. Unfortunately Sequatchie doesn't get back after the three, not sure the reason but Marion got an easy lay-up to go back up 55-50. That lapse summed up a lot of such problems for Sequatchie in the game. Marion hit most of their free throws the rest of the way and Sequatchie failed to score.

Barker led Sequatchie in scoring with 20, started off 0-3 but ended up over 50 percent and made four threes. McAfee had 11 rebounds against girls a tad to maybe 3-4 inches taller, before fouling out. McDonough had 5 assists, hit 3 threes for 9 points. Sequatchie shot a very good percentage from behind the three point line but foul shooting contributed to the loss for the second Friday in a row.

Robinette scored 29 for Marion but is far from a one-player team. CSAS will still be the team to beat in that region and Whitwell has good players in their district but this team could do some good things in the postseason.

Sorry iamthatguy for being rude. People are overreacting about losing one game. Yeah, everyone makes turnovers, but you can't say a lose is just one players fault. If memory serves me correctly Meeks had CCS's best player(in my oninion) guarding her. That is where someone else on the team should have stepped up and took the lead instead of blaming the freshman point guard. Grundy needs to quit being so dramatic about a lose, they are (8-1) for god's sake. People dream to have a record like that.

Next, players need to stay off this board and quit filling their heads with nonsense. What people say on here are their opinions. If everything people wrote were true these forums would be boring.

This was my 1st game getting to watch Grundy play this season. I usually get to see them at Bledsoe and at district tourney time. They have a good core, young group. Was the announcer correct when she said most of them are Sophs? As for the dramatic part, those Grundy fans are very much so. I took my son with me (we sit on Grundy's side away from the band like I normally do) and he was begging me to move to the other side b/c one man was irrate. Whoevers Grundy's AD or principal is needs to be aware of this man. He belittled the coaches,refs and players. My dad coached for many of years and was a very successful coach and got out of coaching due to parents and their lack of disciplining their kids. Times sure have changed! You are right people do dream of having a record like that, but some of these people are not happy with it and it pours over to the kids. These are high school kids and do not need to have their parents (if he was a parent) acting the way this gentlemen did. I know if I ever decide to coach it will not be at Grundy. I hope they are paying that young lady well to coach if she has to listen to that every game. Next time I will listen to my 4 year old and move to the other side...and bring ear plugs when Bledsoe plays Grundy :thumb:

Sequatchie won vs Boyd-Buchanan Saturday 57-28. I was a little worried the 3 pm start, on a non-school day, would take the team out of its routine too much but for the most part things were done well. Six turnovers before the bench was cleared was a positive especially. 16-7 after one, 32-11 at the half, 48-17 after three.

Eleven of 12 in uniform scored for Sequatchie which is always good to see. The younger backups haven't gotten much time yet with just two JV games being played so far and most of the varsity games not being ideal situations for learning. The one who didn't score did some other good things.

Sequatchie got 11 points, 6 assists, 5 steals from Barker, 8 points each from Greene and McAfee. That was a welcome break for the girls with the schedule being tough, 6 losses against one-loss teams and the other against a good Red Bank group, but games against Meigs and Whitwell next week will again be challenging.

• 2 weeks later...

Sequatchie is 1-1 so far in the Dalton GA tournament. Saturday was a 32-point loss against host Dalton...there are plenty of moans and groans about officials on here but when the opposing coach and the tournament director are both apologetic, I think there is legitimate reason for complaint. Parents were hoping the coach would just pull the team off the court for fear of injury. That's all that needs to be said about that one.

Monday with a different crew Sequatchie defeated Ringgold Heritage High 50-37. For Sequatchie Barker scored 23, 19 in the first half, and Greene scored 11 with 7 rebounds. Sequatchie got ahead 31-12 in the second quarter, became a bit sloppy and saw the gap diminish but played well enough late. One of the Heritage seniors previously played basketball in middle school at Sequatchie, funny how she'd end up back against her former town's high school team.

• 2 weeks later...
This Grundy team is way over rated. I mean seriously who do they play that is any good! Everyone they play is terrible, and when they finally play a good team they get murdered. Take Upperman as an example. I am tired of hearing about the Grundy girls they DO NOT beat any good teams. The only reason they have a good record is because they went to the whitewell thanksgiving tourny. I mean seriously if the are so good why don't they step up and play some good teams. They are the most overrated team ever. The only reason they get any respect is cause they won the state like 12 years ago. I think they are terrible. Beat a good solid team and then we will talk. Their pointgaurd is way overrated. Everyone on here acts like she is so great. If turning the ball over everytime you touch it is great then i guess she is pretty awesome. She is the worst defensive player ever. She walks around everywhere. Does she even know how to run! Cause i have seen every game she has played this year and all i have seen is a jog! She is not good at all!!! Warriors must be blind. If you compare her to magic or bird you are crazy. She is one of the worst pointgaurds in the district. They have an army of a team. Can't the coach find someone that isn't completely terrible!!

I would put money that they have and would beat the team you root for. From your comments it seems you need to get a life and stop hatin'.