Has any team ever not allowed a goal through district play?

eyeonu

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living Waaayyyyyyyyyy over here in the West, we manage to find a way to get good soccer. We host two events with another program and we travel twice to find good matches. The tourney's we host help defray the travel.

Which brings up another thought. With St Agnes, St Benedict, St Briarcrest, St ECS, St Marys, and St Georges and St Hutchison, and ya kinda wonder why they don't host an event

I think that it would be great to have another high school tournament over here in the wild, wild west hosted by D2 teams. Teams definitely get better by playing better competition and not only the local competition! Briarcrest traveled to Nashville back in September to play Franklin Road Academy and Brentwood Academy....it was great soccer and gave us a taste of some of the D2 soccer teams in the Nashville area. We always go to Katie Hunter providing opprortunities to play AAA teams from the Far East.

Question is....how many teams would make the trek to the West to play games given the fact that Battle for the Blues is already here? How many D2 teams would come visit Memphis area for some good competition?

As evidenced by the first round of substate, the competiion at the D2AA level is very close....a 1 to 0 win, a 2 to 0 win, a 2 to 1 win, and a game decided on PKs. Sometimes I wonder if teams prefer to not "show" what they have until state tournament time rolls around...which could limit participation by other D2 teams.

Want to be sure I understand your statement. Euro shows several goals against. I guess they are not district games?

Correct - they were scored on by 8 teams but all out of district. I know this is probably not a big deal given the District SCHS is in - but to the Girls it is a big accomplishment to go through the district regular season and tournament without a goal against. Especially with just a 15 players - 4 of which are Freshman :roflol:

does it really matter. quote]

Yes - it does matter - to a team of Girls with only 15 on the roster - 4 of which are freshman - and it being their first year moving up from A/AA to AAA. Yes - we all know the issues with how districts/regions are established - but it is still a big deal to the players and deserves acknowledgement.