Westmoreland Baseball

Catalyst

Coach Vic has a state tourney team next season. They are loaded 1-9. They have four or five on the bench that are studs. FC is in trouble in 2003. It looks like the changing of the guard. Station Camp don't know what they got into when they joined Westmorelands's district.

About Gordonsville's field: If the city of Carthage would do some upkeeping and put a little pride into that field, it would be a sweet place to play baseball. It has potential but nobody cares. We are making addition to our field in Hartsville. We are in construction of two new dugouts and a clubhouse. The new dugouts are 34' long. They will have a portch and rails like Friendship. They will be closer to home plate. The clubhouse will be 34 x 16 in size. Cumberland Univ. gave us thier lockers because they are getting new ones. They are 2 1/2 feet wide and two foot deep. It should be nice. Coach Vic told me that he may get a new field at the new school site.

enough about westmorland lets talk about watertown,remember these guys came from nowhere last season and went far into the playoffs.

they also are returning most key positions,when you give it some more thought dont count out those boys in eastern wilson county,around here we call them watertown purple tigers.see ya

Westmoreland will never be able to compete with Friendship in baseball. There is a major talent gap between Westmoreland and FCS. FCS has more talent and they know how to win. You need to get real and realize that you will never be able to beat them. I don't care if they only beat you 6-3 in the district tournament. That was a fluke. Trust me, I was there. Keep practicing and maybe one day you can "give them a run for their money".

• 4 months later...
Guest bplayer

watertown has a heck of a baseball team. they only lost to fcs by 1 run in extra innings during playoffs (regional championship) and have almost everyone returning. they have good pitching and powerful hitters back. westmoreland has a good ball team and was not a fluke when they played fcs. FCS ISNT ALL THAT GOOD U JUST HAVE TO MAKE CONTACT AND THEY WILL BEAT THEMSELVES. but i get my shot at them this year lol and i will beat them. GO TIGER DASHKOVITZ #19

• 3 weeks later...

Don't be so sure of yourself...yes you did give FCS a good game in the region championship but this is a different year and FCS will have a better offense than they did last year...Never say you are going to beat them...It will become bulliten board material, and if I were in your shoes, I would not want that.