Karns @ Hardin Valley

BigTuna

Well GoKarns I've got some friends at HVA too but I say we gonna pluck them Hawks tonight baby. I didn't mean to say that you were Baller's son, only that I knew Baller said he had a son who played and I invited him to come out. I'll be watching for former players in the crowd. I'm a counter culture kind of guy and Mad Max was always one of my favorites. I know all you guys played as hard as you could all the time and I'm sure it was frustrating. Come on out and root for Karns - I believe this will be our night.

Coach Logan - very nice to hear from you. What about those Warriors? Will tonight be another Cloudland?

Go Karns! Go Karns! Go Karns! Go Karns! Go Karns! Go Karns! Go Karns! Go Karns! Go Karns!

Does Hardin Valley actually have any fans? Are they all too uppity to post on CoachT?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hawks have some bright spots. They have a lot of young players who are doing a lot of good things. Clevenger is among the top in tackles and sacks. Krebs is a great linebacker who is also doing good things at fullback. Bishop is going to top the 1000 yard mark and Schlosser is a good reciever. Karns should not take this team lightly. Anderson County was a game that the Hawks showed a lot of improvement. You can hear the game on metrotalk67.com as myself and T Blackmon call the game.

Good luck to both teams.

TC

can't cheer for karns if they win mught save the coaching staff, krebs is the kid that the hc allowed one of the uperclassman to beat up cause he was going to hva and then acted like he got what he deserved, I hope krebs has a career night and i know my boy dees is going to lay the wood to the golden boy every chance he gets. this game will probably have a couple of late hits, 6-24 6-24 6-24 sounds so good for someone, 3 years and thats the best we can do gokarns check ya tnght be thr bout 7:15.

If that's true about Krebs it's not a very good thing. Hope his parents went to talk to Dr. Davis. My understanding is that, after Coach R was nice enough to let them still come to workouts, some of those guys who were transferring kept running their mouth so much he had to uninvite them from workouts. I'm sure this situation created animosity that didn't immediately go away. If Krebs is one of those brash linebacker types maybe he was among the trash talkers? I also like Dees a lot and understand exactly why he's going to be after the golden boy, but we'll have to see how quickly he can get around the Karns blocker(s) and/or keep from losing his temper and get stupid penalties. I'm glad all you former players are coming tonight but if you're on the Karns side and you start yelling for HVA I'll be over for a little talk. It ain't about the coaches, it's about the team and the school. If you were still playing for Karns how bad would you want to win tonight?

I went by Sims Market an hour ago. The TV truck was there and they'd started setting up. Go Karns. Do you guys ever eat at Sims?

wow wow wow, sick sick football, someone said we looked the same last year even sicker, 12-7 over a first year program, what bout that great trophy they gave to the winner for being the best of the worst teams on the west side funny funny stuff, hey bigt you crack me up hc doesnt own the weight room or the fb team ya some of the hva boys ran their mouth but acting like a player got what they deserve is a bunch of bull and to answer your question about winning tonight all us seniors wanted to win every friday night and had no direction. before you comment on what happen in the locker room you needed to be there I was and one of bad #### seniors stepped up and punched a freshman real classy oh ya our coach thought it was fine. 12-7 - 6 -24 over three years what a joke.

The Hawks have some bright spots. They have a lot of young players who are doing a lot of good things. Clevenger is among the top in tackles and sacks. Krebs is a great linebacker who is also doing good things at fullback. Bishop is going to top the 1000 yard mark and Schlosser is a good reciever. Karns should not take this team lightly. Anderson County was a game that the Hawks showed a lot of improvement. You can hear the game on metrotalk67.com as myself and T Blackmon call the game.

Good luck to both teams.

TC

BigTuna, It was rough tonight for us. Alcoa was just really tough and there was nothing we could do to stop it. Good to hear from you though.

To comment on what I quoted, while Krebs and Clevenger are good athletes, I think the verdict isn't quite in on either yet. I think Clevenger plays out of position at outside linebacker first of all. At 6'3 180? he needs to get a better pair of a hands (see Campbell Co. game) and play full time receiver or gain some weight and move to D-End. Krebs has the brighter future of the two. I don't read too deep into either's tackle numbers because 1)its easy to make a ton of tackles at linebacker when your defensive line isn't, which Hardin Valley has no big men that made plays for them this past year and 2)the offensive unit has you on the field for long periods of time. Like I said before, I love Bishop's game and would have loved to see what he would do on a better team but unless someone steps it up and helps him (and that all starts, again, with the bigs up front), then these results will repeat again next year. I was part of a team that went from 3-7 to the State Semi-Finals in back to back years but all the pieces were already there. If Hardin Valley is going to do better next season, its all going to start in the trenches, where the real game is played. I want to see how the players react to this. The worst thing for any new school is for a losing culture to be started early. Are the Hardin Valley players going to show up to school on monday with a smile on their face like nothing happened? Or are they going to immediately get to work for next season.

Madness. So it was a mediocre performance against a startup team. I think you're missing what may be the main point of the whole matter. Karns, the perennial dormat/whipping boy/laughing stock Karns, the every-year-we-just-can't-quite-get-it-done Karns, the we-lost-again-in-the-last-seconds-to-WB Karns, the I-never-want-to-be-called-a-beaver Karns, actually stepped up and won a big one. On TV no less. One thing that's got to change if Karns is ever going to turn it around is attitude, and honestly, yours really stinks. You sign up for CoachT this week, the very last week of the season, apparently just so you could b**** and moan. I hate to be this blunt, but maybe you just need to man up, acknowledge that some experiences in life suck and that's the way it is, and move on. It's not hurting Coach R that you and your friends hate him so bad, it's only hurting you. I saw Mad Max with his family there at the game. If anybody has a right to complain, he does. If they'd have thrown the ball to him as much as they should have last year, he might have a nice football scholarship right now. But I don't think he's wasting his time and ruining his life by thinking about it. I'll ask about the fight today. I believe I do remember the incident, maybe it was Tiecel who did the punching? I'm sorry to be upset but this is perhaps the best moment in Karns football since I've been associated with the program! I get up early just to savor the moment (and figure out how I can get a video of the game to watch) and here's some guy spewing the same nasty rant again. It's your life but I think it's going to be a more difficult one if your perspective doesn't change.

I was in the IHOP last night after the game. There were a bunch of Hawk students there. It was great. We even got entertained by former Karns student and football player Joe Buckner doing his George W. Bush impersonations. SINCE WE ACTUALLY WON THE BIG ONE FOR A CHANGE, we got to do quite a bit of friendly dishin' on them. That's right KARNS WAS DOING THE DISHIN', not getting dished. You might have seen it as just a crappy win against a crappy team, but the bragging rights for this one will last for a LONG time - one year exactly! I'm honestly sorry that your experience with Karns football was so terrible. But if you weren't celebrating after that game last night you're really letting your own personal issues cheat you out of lot of good stuff in life. A GREAT moment for Karns football! And if we can get us a quarterback we've got almost everyone else back next year. The season is over. If you and anyone else wants to comment about the program now's the time to do it. I'm sure Mr. Chandler will be glad to see you.

Hawk fans (who never did post anything at all about this game) - hang in there. You may find it hard to believe and/or not agree, but Karns really needed this win worse than you did. Try not to get depressed over the season. It' a measuring stick you can use to move forward. You should have almost the whole team back next year, including those 10-15 starters who should have been playing for Karns last night. It looked to me like you had things organized very well at the game and there were a lot of volunteers. You even had some upscale concessions although it will be a very cold day in Knoxville before I pay someone $3 for a class of iced tea at a football game. Despite the record I think your program is off to a good start. The facility looked great. You really need to thank Mr Deakins and his school board buddies for ponying up all that money. Karns has been trying for many years and still doesn't have the cash for a field house. It'll take awhile to become another Farragut but it'll probably happen eventually. Just don't keep stealing our athletes in order to get there.

bigtuna you are a joke, first all the hva coaches told their team not to think of the karns game as their biggest rival cause if that is their high point every year then they to will be a bad fb program other than going to the game you dont know #### about these jackass coaches and winning the big one give me a break that game was only big cause karsn made it big the hva family thinks we are a joke as does most programs. ya i signed up the last week and there would be some others but they know all the bull grap that goes on with this staff is overlooked by an admin that cares very little bout fb and you have fun enjoying the big 3-7 season and our dominate performance against a team that is in its first year what a joke people like you is what makes our program what it is that you have the nerve to say we won the big one the biggest game karns has ever won was db in 05, ya and as far as the 15 starter or so that should be at karns well their not and for one i know for fat that 9 15 44 an others all would have stayed at karns if we had new coaches, hc told all of us their was no one except 44 that could play with us, they wanted to play with us just not them, hope you enjoy that big win maybe bigtuna you could be pr dept for the khs fb team and help the ad spit all that bs bout how great hc is and he is turning it around.

BTuna,

While I have been very clear re my thoughts and opinions re the history(since the 70's mind u) and direction of the leadership of Karns I must say that I have come to appreciate how you are responding to some of the posters in this forum. You are correct that we need to celebrate the wins Karns has and that negativity usually breeds itself in a never ending cycle. I still feel we need major changes and I don't have all the answers. Immature posters who spew garbage for the most part are not the answer either. I am just glad Karns finished with a win and that Grace Christian(also a part of the Karns community) finished with a big win as well and will make the playoffs.

Madness. Since you claim to know so much about how coaches think and act, you should know that the HVA Coach was trying to downplay the importance of the game because he knew his guys were underdogs and he knew how very important it was to both schools. Also, most smart coaches try to avoid saying things that other teams can use as motivation. Who knows how much difference it made, but Coach R used the HVA coach's comments as bulletin board material for his team to see how disrespected Karns is, even by a new coach at a startup school. I can guarantee that the HVA boosters would pay a lot of money to have that "Pride of Pellissippi" trophy in their possession right now!!! I honestly think it would be better for you and some of your bitter friends to totally transfer your allegiance to HVA, Powell, etc because your attitude isn't going to do anything but hurt Karns further. I honestly feel bad for you and others who had a bad experience with Karns football, but if you check around I think you'll see that things aren't perfect anywhere. In fact I've already heard of some grousing about the HVA coach and have heard the comment that he's not a great "people person", which won't help him deal with his HVA "clientele" in the long run . As far as the players you mentioned, I have already said that I feel very bad for the way things went down for Dees at Karns. I don't know the others although I was told that 44 tried to cheap shot "golden boy" on the last play kneel down last night and almost got in a fight.

So now the year is over and everyone can set up an appointment with Mr. Chandler and/or Mr. Davis to express their opinion. Regarding of what the last poster said, I wouldn't call you guys immature but you obviously seem to have a lot of pent up emotion. My Karns experience is almost over and I'll be moving on to other challenges. I really encourage you to try to do the same.

Hawks look better when they've been "plucked". :roflol:

Hawks look better when they've been "plucked". :lol:

Hawks look better when they've been "plucked". :thumb: