Boone vs Crockett in The Musket Bowl

formerblazer

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Nice year Crockett.

2. Classless how during senior night you were (team) chanting during every name that was called and spitting on the DB logo.

3. 33 held to 65 yards.

4. We have to wait until tomorrow to find out about the playoffs....yay! I believe we will have Morristown East...don't know if it is home or away tho.

Great job Boone. They controlled the game. Good luck in the playoffs.

1. Nice year Crockett.

2. Classless how during senior night you were (team) chanting during every name that was called and spitting on the DB logo.

3. 33 held to 65 yards.

4. We have to wait until tomorrow to find out about the playoffs....yay! I believe we will have Morristown East...don't know if it is home or away tho.

I'm sure all the Boone kids were perfect angels tonight.....but I agree I guess it is classless, I didn't see anything so I will take your word for it.

Sumo probably ran the ball 12-15 times. He should have ran it a few more times. He had a great year. The O-line should only get better next year. If only we can learn to pass.........

Boone's D is good. Probably the best we saw all year.

Crockett lost its steam down the stretch on O. I think the teams we played, including Boone, were just stronger than us. We need to get stronger or next year will be tough without Sumo.

I think Boone should make it through the first round. Mo East will be a tough match up though if they can get healthy. Good luck!

1. Nice year Crockett.

3. 33 held to 65 yards.

I'm sure all the Boone kids were perfect angels tonight.....but I agree I guess it is classless, I didn't see anything so I will take your word for it.

Sumo probably ran the ball 12-15 times. He should have ran it a few more times. He had a great year. The O-line should only get better next year. If only we can learn to pass.........

Crockett lost its steam down the stretch on O. I think the teams we played, including Boone, were just stronger than us. We need to get stronger or next year will be tough without Sumo.

I think Boone should make it through the first round. Mo East will be a tough match up though if they can get healthy. Good luck!

Oh absolutely not Boone was not perfect angels, and it is a rivalry game...but that is a bit too far in my opinion bud. Lots of PF at the end by Crockett and I think 1 by Boone, so no way were they perfect....but spitting on the DB? Come on now...

1. Nice year Crockett.

3. 33 held to 65 yards.

Oh absolutely not Boone was not perfect angels, and it is a rivalry game...but that is a bit too far in my opinion bud. Lots of PF at the end by Crockett and I think 1 by Boone, so no way were they perfect....but spitting on the DB? Come on now...

Slow down, I understand what you are saying. I'm just saying that I didn't see it happen because I guess I just wasn't paying attention to midfield. So I take your word for it.

• 7 months later...

Does anyone have access to all of the scores in this game's history? I am trying to reconcile a few items and am finding some conflicting information.

The article below, written before the 2006 game, said that Daniel Boone held a 26-9 advantage in the series. I have found the following scores (disclaimer - I am using old Middle Tennessee papers, so East Tennessee scores are not as accurate/precise):

http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=3689168+rel=

1971 DC 72, DB 0

1972 DB 30, DC 8

1973 DB 20, DC 7

1974 ?

1975 ?

1976 DB 20, DC 0

1977 DB W, DC L

1978 DC 33, DB 19

1979 DC 13, DB 0

1980 DB 13, DC 0

1981 ?

1982 DC W, DB L

1983 DC W, DB L

1984 DB W, DC L

1985 No game played?

1986 No game played?

1987 No game played?

1988 No game played?

1989 ?

1990 DB 35, DC 0

1991 DB W, DC L

1992 DB 18, DC 12

1993 DB 40, DC 0

1994 DB W, DC L

1995 DB 41, DC 6

1996 DC 27, DB 0

1997 DC 33, DB 21

1998 DB 45, DC 8

1999 DB 42, DC 14

2000 DC 27, DB 12

2001 DC 14, DB 7

2002 DC 41, DB 12

2003 DB 16, DC 0

2004 DB 18, DC 7

2005 DB 48, DC 7

Based on these results through 2005, I have DB at 17 wins and DC at 10 wins. There are four games I cannot find results for (1974, 1975, 1981, 1989). There are also four years (1985-1988) in which there doesn't appear to be a game played, although the 26-9 reference would imply games were played in those years (in 1987 and 1988, the Tennessean is showing Daniel Boone playing Brentwood Academy in the slots where David Crockett would normally be located).

Any clarification and/or corrections of numbers above would be much appreciated.

Rollredroll,I typed in David Crockett football history and found the web site that had the series 26-11 as of 2007 with Boone winning the last five at that point.Going by that it should be 28-11 but I don't have the score of the old games.

Thanks. A current 28-11 series record also poses the issue regarding the 1985-1988 seasons. If the series has been played 39 times, that would imply one game per year from 1971-2009, and I just can't find the game being played from 1985-1988, unless it was in some sort of extra 11th game after the regular season.

I do appreciate the input.

See if you can get in contact with the head of the Boone or Crockett booster clubs. Two years ago they have shirts, I think, that had scores from every single year. There should be a list somewhere, and that game has been played every single year. Weird that you can't find those scores. Also, I know for a fact the 1997 score you have is wrong, as Boone lost by 5 and it came down to the last play of the game. Scores are always hard to find after long periods of time.

See if you can get in contact with the head of the Boone or Crockett booster clubs. Two years ago they have shirts, I think, that had scores from every single year. There should be a list somewhere, and that game has been played every single year. Weird that you can't find those scores. Also, I know for a fact the 1997 score you have is wrong, as Boone lost by 5 and it came down to the last play of the game. Scores are always hard to find after long periods of time.

Thanks.

High school game scores are always a pain to confirm. They are rarely televised, and it is usually young kids calling in the scores to young journalists-to-be at the newspaper office, so the opportunity for error is large.

As for 1997, I will correct, but the issue is now, was it a 5-point loss or a 4-point loss, as the 25-21 score above would indicate?

As always, thanks for the help.