2A Wild Card....What will it take?

ReitzFan

What will it take for the following 2A teams to get a wild card?

White House HeritageA win against McEwen (3-6) ensures a ticket to the show. A loss, plus wins by two of the three following teams (Marion Co., Dresden, Jackson Co.) could knock them out of the picture.

Marion Co. A win against Lookout Valley (7-2) gets them in the dance. A win plus a White House Heritage loss garners them the #23 spot.

Dresden Must defeat Gleason (6-3) and Marion Co.(5-4) must get beat by Lookout Valley. A loss by White House Heritage should also have the same effect as a Lookout Valley win.

Jackson County Must defeat Watertown (6-3) plus both Dresden and Marion County must BOTH get beat in week 10 action. A White House Heritage loss would also give some slight help.

Trenton Must beat Gibson Co. and Marion Co, Dresden, and Jackson Co must ALL get beat.

TCA Must beat Scotts Hill, and hope that Marion Co, Dresden, Jackson Co, and Trenton ALL get beat.

The Unaka and Cosby winner will take the final automatic bid. The team that gets beat will be eliminated from contention.

No other teams are mathamatically alive from what I see.

Hey Reitz... thanks for the help on who stands where. Although, you may have provided some teams just a little motivation.

I think TCA gets in over anybody else with similar 5-5 records just looking at the points. They have the 2nd toughest schedule according to CoachT and the teams that they lost to (USJ, Manassas, Adamsville, McKenzie, and Riverside) should all win their games this week, thus giving TCA more tie breaking points.

It should be an interesting week of football. Also, Im not sure that I would want to face TCA in the playoffs as a wild card, they could be very dangerous as I also saw the new wrinkles.

Excellent post! It is as I see it also. Week #10 should be exciting for a lot of teams. In our case all we can do is try and win our game. Watertown is a very,very good team and in win or lose best i can tell. Also whichever is the Wild Card team between Tellico Plains and Rockwood will get a spot. Leaving only two with the order being as you have described. For those two spots: (1) White House-Heritage (2) Marion County (3) Dresden (4) Jackson County (5) Trenton and (6) Trinity Christian.

What will it take for the following 2A teams to get a wild card?

White House HeritageA win against McEwen (3-6) ensures a ticket to the show. A loss, plus wins by two of the three following teams (Marion Co., Dresden, Jackson Co.) could knock them out of the picture.

Marion Co. A win against Lookout Valley (7-2) gets them in the dance. A win plus a White House Heritage loss garners them the #23 spot.

Dresden Must defeat Gleason (6-3) and Marion Co.(5-4) must get beat by Lookout Valley. A loss by White House Heritage should also have the same effect as a Lookout Valley win.

Jackson County Must defeat Watertown (6-3) plus both Dresden and Marion County must BOTH get beat in week 10 action. A White House Heritage loss would also give some slight help.

Trenton Must beat Gibson Co. and Marion Co, Dresden, and Jackson Co must ALL get beat.

TCA Must beat Scotts Hill, and hope that Marion Co, Dresden, Jackson Co, and Trenton ALL get beat.

The Unaka and Cosby winner will take the final automatic bid. The team that gets beat will be eliminated from contention.

No other teams are mathamatically alive from what I see.

Here is the sad part for some really good teams: You will be sitting at home or watching someone else play in week one of the playoffs, thanks to the brainchild of the illustrious tssaa officials.

Heritage deserves a spot...very tough team on film...don't know alot about the others but I can only assume!

Mt. Pleasant is a 4 possibly 5 win team that is FIFTH in their region behind 4 1A schools.

Silverdale Academy is a 5 win 2nd automatic bid from the three 2A team district 5.

Cosby/Unaka will have 5 wins but makes the playoffs on an AUTOMATIC bid...2nd bid from that region.

Douglass could possibly have 5 wins but makes the playoffs with an AUTOMATIC bid for winning essentially one region/district game.

And the KICKER...Westwood will have 2, yes that's right, 2 wins total but makes the playoffs with an AUTOMATIC bid for winning one region/district game.

I'd be raising some stink if I's Marion...Dresden...Jackson...Trenton...TCA...and I didn't get in!

Seems as though there were five soft spots mentioned and five soild deserving teams probably not going. I'll let you do the math!

I mean don't we want our best teams competing in week 11?

P.S. District 15 and 16 need to play a regional schedule....of course 16 wouldn't choose to but a 4/5 and a 2 win team in the playoffs...come on...